• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What is easier to keep track of? 100 some odd million people earning a wage, or a couple hundred thousand retailers.

You can get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Most sales tax is also an automated part of the transaction. When was the last time you bought something and the sales tax wasn't included? [/QUOTE]

Online sales - Amazon

That only works because sales tax is a state thing. Were it a Federal thing you better believe the good people at Amazon would be collecting the Federal Sales Tax.

Next.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That only works because sales tax is a state thing. Were it a Federal thing you better believe the good people at Amazon would be collecting the Federal Sales Tax.

Next.

So, you'd rather have federal agents with the full weight of the federal government harassing every business as if it were an FFL? And, if it's the FairTax we're talking about, don't forget the huge bureaucracy needed to administer and enforce the new entitlement it entails for everyone. That entitlement is hugely subject to fraud, by the way.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I spent 5 years in Detroit working side by side with people who were in various stages of the process. It is not the cakewalk you're portraying.
    It may not be a cakewalk but it is not such a difficult process as some portray it as either... :dunno:
    It was a joke. Loosen up, tightass.
    Sarcasm...
    Learn to recognize it with out the Purple...

It must be less costly than the legal route, else they wouldn't do it.
    Quicker, and no chance of rejection.

Although a coyote might leave you in a truck in the middle of the desert.
    There is a multitude of Reasons why one would rather use an illegal means over a legal one.
    Some do because they are afraid to research how to do it legally.
    Some do because they do not know of another route than that of corruption and abuses of power from those we they are from.
    Some do because they have Medical issues.
    Some do to smuggle things into a place.
    Some do because they are planning on doing nefarious activities at a later date.
    Some do because they drunkenly got onto the wrong train...

Does it make any a valid reason?!
    Possibly...
    However they all result in an illegal activity. :popcorn:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What part of
    ILLEGAL
    do some of you not understand? :xmad:
    I understand the definition of "illegal" perfectly. I also don't give two ****s about it, beyond keeping my own ass out of jail. I'm not a fan of law. Law is a statement of conditions under which certain folks will feel entitled to rain down violence upon a person. Laws are created by the inherently unproductive class, and as such should treated with contempt by default unless they happen to mirror some moral distinction. I've always said that I'm far more interested in what's moral than what's legal.

So, show me a guy who is an illegal immigrant, and all I see is someone who didn't jump through some hoops for your amusement. Just like talk of illegal guns means pretty much the same thing. It doesn't even register on my list of things to be concerned about.

The only things that should be illegal are actions which result in direct, provable harm to other human beings, such as assaultive crime and theft and fraud. Taking advantage of opportunities offered, even if said opportunities are different from your own, doesn't cut it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Ass Burgers make that a difficult proposition even face-to-face. No way I'm going to pull it off when it comes to your text, unless you get REAL obvious.

Sorry... :dunno:

That is not going to happen either. If I make it to obvious some of the lesser handicapped here might figure out I am actually making fun of them... ;)

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I understand the definition of "illegal" perfectly. I also don't give two ****s about it, beyond keeping my own ass out of jail. I'm not a fan of law. Law is a statement of conditions under which certain folks will feel entitled to rain down violence upon a person. Laws are created by the inherently unproductive class, and as such should treated with contempt by default unless they happen to mirror some moral distinction. I've always said that I'm far more interested in what's moral than what's legal.

So, show me a guy who is an illegal immigrant, and all I see is someone who didn't jump through some hoops for your amusement. Just like talk of illegal guns means pretty much the same thing. It doesn't even register on my list of things to be concerned about.

The only things that should be illegal are actions which result in direct, provable harm to other human beings, such as assaultive crime and theft and fraud. Taking advantage of opportunities offered, even if said opportunities are different from your own, doesn't cut it.

I understand where you are coming from but just because you don't like laws doesn't mean we just ignore them. If you break the law you suffer consequences, are saying they should not have consequences for breaking the law?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Personally, I think the Borders should be secured. Charge everyone a flat one time payment of, I don't know, $50,000. Give them a through Medical screening and background check to insure they are not criminals anywhere and let them in.

Those that are attempting to sneak in, well they are obviously up to no good and should be harmed with extreme prejudice...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I understand where you are coming from but just because you don't like laws doesn't mean we just ignore them. If you break the law you suffer consequences, are saying they should not have consequences for breaking the law?
    I'm saying 99% of our laws should not exist. It does not take thousands upon thousands of pages to say "mind your own business and keep your hands to yourself".

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    you don't think our congress & senate have the cojones to send the illegals back:dunno:

No, no I do not think the Politicians currently elected nor the ones that are in the pipe to try for a job have the balls to do a damn thing but complain about the issues and steal more money from Our Grand-children...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Just personal experience.

My Wife is a German National. Had to go through the entire Visa and Green Card Process before we came here. It took about 4-6 months and maybe $1500. Most of the Money was spent at Doctors for various Tests and Exams.

:scratch:My Wife is CUBAN & she didn't have to pay any money to be a citizen:dunno:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Did she go through the Visa Pipeline?! :dunno:
    Her mom was married to a political prisoner & she came to the USA when she was 11 year old, became a citizen while going to college & she told me she only paid for the paper work, she doesn't remember how much it was, but it wasn't much:dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Her mom was married to a political prisoner & she came to the USA when she was 11 year old, became a citizen while going to college & she told me she only paid for the paper work, she doesn't remember how much it was, but it wasn't much:dunno:

She was very lucky then...
    She paid about $250...
    She should say thank you to the Military for picking up the tab for her Visa...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    She was very lucky then...
    She paid about $250...
    She should say thank you to the Military for picking up the tab for her Visa...

Her mom was married too a CUBAN military guy who was against FIDEL CASTRO & he was put in jail for like 18 years. So she was aloud to leave CUBA without riding on an inner-tube:D You do know that there is a LAW called "WET FOOT, DRY FOOT" If a CUBAN touches AMERICAN soil, he get to stay in the USA & is given a work permit right away

Top Bottom