• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Her mom was married too a CUBAN military guy who was against FIDEL CASTRO & he was put in jail for like 18 years. So she was aloud to leave CUBA without riding on an inner-tube:D You do know that there is a LAW called "WET FOOT, DRY FOOT" If a CUBAN touches AMERICAN soil, he get to stay in the USA & is given a work permit right away

Yes I am aware of it, I do not agree with it though...
    No one should get a free pass...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Let me guess you learned all the Curse words first... :D

I learned how to Order Booze and Sex First in Spanish...
    The Army sent me to work in Panama for a while... ;)

Funny is when people talk about {the GRINGO}me in SPANISH & I reply to their comments & those people jaw drop to see a LONG HAIR, hairy guy with green eyes speaking very good SPANISH. My wife doesn't like it when I do it, she want me to just ignore the comments:D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Funny is when people talk about {the GRINGO}me in SPANISH & I reply to their comments & those people jaw drop to see a LONG HAIR, hairy guy with green eyes speaking very good SPANISH. My wife doesn't like it when I do it, she want me to just ignore the comments:D

It has been over a Decade since I spoke Spanish. I doubt I could even follow a conversation in kindergarten...

I always preferred to just answer them in a different Language. Like German or Gaelic... ;)

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    He doesn`t have to...his opinion is as valid as anyone elses,we don`t often agree but the man makes all valid points!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Well I respectfully disagree. Maybe you should swim the gulf and tell us how much of a free pass it really is. :D

LOL...

I have a much better idea...
    How about you get into an inner-tube float the Gulf and seek a Cuban visa and report back to us what happens to you... :popcorn:

I already have a pretty good idea you will not get to smoke a Cuban with Fidel over there...

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Here are my thoughts on it: I had an illegal blow through a red light and t-bone me, putting me out of work for 3 months and costing my insurance company, yes MINE- he had no insurance, 250k in medical bills! BUT, I work with a guy who LEGALLY migrated here from El Salvador 20 years ago and just 3 years ago became a US Citizen. Took him 17 years but he got it! Jose is his name, and he works as hard or harder than most people I know and is 100% glad to be an "American", learned English, knows our culture and knows are history probably better than 70% of natural born Americans.
    This Country was founded, and built by immigration. But the way it was done in the past was you come over from Europe to Ellis Island and get registered, vaccinations, paperwork, etc. You were proud to learn English, learn the culture and become a productive member of society. Now regrettably, it is no longer desirable to learn English as we are expected to cater to your language needs. Most countries in the world speak English as a second language so the flip side would not be realistic. It is no longer desirable to become a US Citizen like my friend Jose did, as the benefits of staying illegal out weigh the opposite. You simply get more money, more governmental help, more educational benefits, free health care, no taxes, and everyone is expected to conform to your needs.
    For me, this is how I feel... change the policy for immigration to make people want to become US Citizens rather than greatly abuse our generosity and decrease the amount of time it takes- 17 years is TOO LONG. This is truly a "no brainer" as it would increase your tax revenue DUH. Secondly, make the punishments for not following our rules and laws much more severe and actually--yes that is the difficult part- enforcing them!!

I have absolutely NO issue with anyone wanting to come to the US to make a better life for them and their families. That is, after all, what this country was founded on!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Great post!!!

And you gave the credit for it to Lancem. Ack. How could you? ;)

I understand the definition of "illegal" perfectly. I also don't give two ****s about it, beyond keeping my own ass out of jail. I'm not a fan of law. Law is a statement of conditions under which certain folks will feel entitled to rain down violence upon a person. Laws are created by the inherently unproductive class, and as such should treated with contempt by default unless they happen to mirror some moral distinction. I've always said that I'm far more interested in what's moral than what's legal.

So, show me a guy who is an illegal immigrant, and all I see is someone who didn't jump through some hoops for your amusement. Just like talk of illegal guns means pretty much the same thing. It doesn't even register on my list of things to be concerned about.

The only things that should be illegal are actions which result in direct, provable harm to other human beings, such as assaultive crime and theft and fraud. Taking advantage of opportunities offered, even if said opportunities are different from your own, doesn't cut it.

I'm saying 99% of our laws should not exist. It does not take thousands upon thousands of pages to say "mind your own business and keep your hands to yourself".

The only thing I agree with in either of these two posts is what should be illegal and the percentage of our laws (though the exact number may be up for debate) that should be struck and never considered again.

Laws are the codification of the consequences of violating the rights of another person. Without laws, the only thing keeping me from violating yours is my assessment of your ability to stop me or exact your own revenge. Stop blaming the existence of laws. Start blaming the populace that bends their knee for them.

Top Bottom