• Facebook Bans Guns

• Total voters

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'll worry about it when it actually happens. I like FB, it's a good way to stay in touch with friends and family who live out of town.

I don't have issues with FB drama because I don't associate with drama queens & kings. Life is too short for BS. Those who have tried to irritate me have been banned from my page. It's that simple. I control who gets to visit my FB world.

I share very little of my personal life on FB. If you really want to know what I had for breakfast you'll either have to join me or ask me.

FB is not some monster to fear, it's just another tool that you can control.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Am I reading this right? You're not a member so you don't care? Whether you have a Facebook acct. or not shouldn't matter but the fact that the largest social network in the world is targeting pro-gun members should concern you regardless. If all the thousands upon thousands of pro-gun members and support sites on Facebook are silenced, that will be a HUGE loss for us and a HUGE victory for the antis.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I voted to delete, which I wouldn't mind doing anyways. But right now most firearm companies and training people, and etc... are all on facebook and talk about neat stuff daily. If Facebook stops all that they are not the smartest. It will be a sad day when and if youtube stops firearms content, I will probably cry without Hickok45 and MAC. :(

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    From what I understand, gun conversation will not be banned--just gun sales. Everybody talks about how creepy and dangerous it is to buy stuff from people on Craigslist or Armslist, but they get upset that they won't be able to buy guns from strangers on Facebook? I don't get it.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Am I reading this right? You're not a member so you don't care? Whether you have a Facebook acct. or not shouldn't matter but the fact that the largest social network in the world is targeting pro-gun members should concern you regardless. If all the thousands upon thousands of pro-gun members and support sites on Facebook are silenced, that will be a HUGE loss for us and a HUGE victory for the antis.

I was thinking this last night. I mean really think about the lack of ability to pass along information regarding what the Antis are up to! I know I've voted and been more involved with legislation since I knew about it. IF you look at it this way, they are really trying to silence our communication. Another widely used, and darn successful tactic if it prevails, to restrict the "class" or people that are against you.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Undecided.

Like Snapdragon, I did not join for gun related connections. For years it was just all family and four or five friends.
    Since then, I've added people from the gun community and joined a couple of gun groups (which I have bought and sold accessories on)...if the gun related pages go down, I really haven't lost the reason I joined (keeping tabs on mine in NC/FL/AZ/Korea/Afgh/LA/TX/CA/Japan), so it would be hard to turn my back on that. I love being able to keep up with the little ones growing up. They get so big so fast...I'd miss a LOT in-between visits without FB!

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Facebook is nice for staying in touch with family and friends who are not local to me. Whether they have gun related or not is of no matter . Have places like this to discuss gun related info. Just another scare tatic if you ask me.

That's what we use it for as well, Nothing like Face Chat, seeing the grand babies, that are 1/2 way across the U.S.
    But do enjoy going through the sale and barter pages.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Meh. Facebook has only been around for a decade. We firearms-friendly people got along just fine without it before, and we'll certainly go along without it just fine. Facebook is FAR from essential to anything, much less gun rights. Those of us who are active on the "Internet side" of gun culture with Facebook, forums, and the like are not really a very big proportion of gun culture overall, remember.

Besides, all the primary sources in that article only mention stopping sales through Facebook. The potential banning of everything 'gun' is speculation.

Top Bottom