• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unloaded gun handling rules and loaded gun handling rules. That is a big flaw.

Yes. And one that introducing the fact/fiction that a gun is loaded matters perpetuates.

If there's only one set of handling rules, you don't have to pretend it's loaded so you don't use the "unloaded rules".

Always use your turn signal appropriately when driving a red car. What if I'm in a blue car? All cars are red cars, use your turn signal.
    Always use your turn signal appropriately when driving a car.

One makes sense. One creates needless confusion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll see if I can scan it and post it, but he and another LPD cop were pointing "unloaded" tasers at a dispatcher. Stop to fix nose bleed. Returns to continue pointing taser, taser magically discharges into dispatcher. "It wasn't loaded".

Paper was fixated on the sex and did not report the taser incident.

It’s true enough that it’s the most common excuse. But it’s a far stretch of reality to say that it’s always the excuse, ever. That’s what saying “always” means. Having heard other excuses and hearing you insist that it’s *always* the excuse makes me think that’s all you got in the tool box. So every excuse sounds like “I didn’t know eet was load dead.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. And one that introducing the fact/fiction that a gun is loaded matters perpetuates.

If there's only one set of handling rules, you don't have to pretend it's loaded so you don't use the "unloaded rules".

Always use your turn signal appropriately when driving a red car. What if I'm in a blue car? All cars are red cars, use your turn signal.
    Always use your turn signal appropriately when driving a car.

One makes sense. One creates needless confusion.

Could probably be applied to other areas of life. Young men, apply to ALL women you date the “redhead” rules.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I really really want to see this guy crucified and made an example of. But I know they won't. They'll just classify it as an unfortunate accident and keep hiring idiots and give them the worst training they can afford. Politicians believe that good training is a waste of funds. Seriously. Anyone who carries SOB is not real bright. Anyone who does that and goes into a bar, gets drunk and does backflips while carrying SOB is a total idiot. If the F.B.I. Academy is graduating guys like this then they should be shut down forever.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I really really want to see this guy crucified and made an example of. But I know they won't. They'll just classify it as an unfortunate accident and keep hiring idiots and give them the worst training they can afford. Politicians believe that good training is a waste of funds. Seriously. Anyone who carries SOB is not real bright. Anyone who does that and goes into a bar, gets drunk and does backflips while carrying SOB is a total idiot. If the F.B.I. Academy is graduating guys like this then they should be shut down forever.

I doubt you will find a law enforcement/military/civilian training academy, on the planet, that hasn't graduated an idiot or two. It's simply unavoidable. At 13.5K agents, the FBI can get a pass, comparatively, in having some morons here and there.

Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    I'm very disappointed in the news that the Dancing FBI Agent got his gun back. IMO: He should be FIRED from his job and NEVER be allowed to even look at a weapon again! There are plenty of responsible agents to take this morons place. If he's made an example of, that may deter others from making the same mistake.
    BTW: Before I retired, during a company picnics / dinners / or other social events, those who got drunk and caused embarrassment usually got fired the next work day.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wonder if we can infer from this that he was not following FBI policy at the time of the incident?

From the judge saying he can carry in compliance with FBI policy? No, from that alone, I don't think we can infer that. I think, however, that it would not be a stretch to assume that the FBI may have a policy that would apply to pointing your gun at people while you are grabbing your gun with finger on trigger.

As for this guy's ultimate consequences...I don't have much of an opinion. The FBI and Denver authorities will make their decisions and I'm sure there will be consequences. Also, there is sure to be a civil settlement or lawsuit. That's good enough for me. He may be a fine agent who made a dumb mistake. I'm not a big fan of going after people's jobs as a consequence of first resort.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    From the judge saying he can carry in compliance with FBI policy? No, from that alone, I don't think we can infer that. I think, however, that it would not be a stretch to assume that the FBI may have a policy that would apply to pointing your gun at people while you are grabbing your gun with finger on trigger.

As for this guy's ultimate consequences...I don't have much of an opinion. The FBI and Denver authorities will make their decisions and I'm sure there will be consequences. Also, there is sure to be a civil settlement or lawsuit. That's good enough for me. He may be a fine agent who made a dumb mistake. I'm not a big fan of going after people's jobs as a consequence of first resort.

Maybe the FBI will institute a policy of "no break-dancing while carrying"? :)

I agree on the jobs thing. Got to allow for learning, too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I admit to doing some pretty dumb stuff when I was younger but nothing really bad ever happened. I count that up to the Grace of God. I was never a dancer. I was limited to the official slow dancing method of the late 70's where you just swayed back and forth while playing grab ass. That was dangerous in its own way.

Top Bottom