Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You mean most would want the guy arrested? If that's what you meant, I would probably agree. Do you think most 2nd Amendment loving gun owners would agree. I would bet not. I'm firmly in the "commit a crime that victimizes someone - go to jail" ...and admittedly, I have arrest people for crimes where other people have have not been victimized (i.e. drugs/10-55), but generally, I think there should be a victim in order to hook someone up... hurt feelings isn't victimization.

That is exactly what I meant. Arresting for violations of the law could prevent victims. Justice and protecting innocent people is also a part of the equation or it should be. Standing around and waiting for a victim to happen is a poor approach.

Did not appreciate your hurt feelings jab at my example.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is exactly what I meant. Arresting for violations of the law could prevent victims. Justice and protecting innocent people is also a part of the equation or it should be. Standing around and waiting for a victim to happen is a poor approach.

Did not appreciate your hurt feelings jab at my example.

Apologies. I wasn't speaking of you specifically. I was speaking of the parents who would be offended that a person was carrying a firearm in a school, and that alone should justify their imprisonment.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Apologies. I wasn't speaking of you specifically. I was speaking of the parents who would be offended that a person was carrying a firearm in a school, and that alone should justify their imprisonment.
    My bad. I took it wrong. No worries.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm down with Coach's attitude on this. Institutions cannot be trusted to save you. Even when they're not being incompetent, they're staffed by human beings with human limitations. And I'd shake the hand of the teacher with a gun on their hip who looks me in the eye and says "I will die fighting before I allow someone to come in here and hurt your child".

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Browsing Facebook comments it's clear that there is a war on the AR-15. How quickly they have forgotten that the Sutherland Springs attack was stopped by a civilian who was armed with an AR-15 as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm down with Coach's attitude on this. Institutions cannot be trusted to save you. Even when they're not being incompetent, they're staffed by human beings with human limitations. And I'd shake the hand of the teacher with a gun on their hip who looks me in the eye and says "I will die fighting before I allow someone to come in here and hurt your child".

It is all about law suites. Follow the money.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Browsing Facebook comments it's clear that there is a war on the AR-15. How quickly they have forgotten that the Sutherland Springs attack was stopped by a civilian who was armed with an AR-15 as well.

Head of the snake... if you can convince people to support a ban on the most popular rifle in the country, you've set the groundwork to ban them all.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Head of the snake... if you can convince people to support a ban on the most popular rifle in the country, you've set the groundwork to ban them all.

Thats where my thought process has led me as well. A lot of people calling for gun reform have no idea what they are talking about. They've never browsed a website and looked at all the other tactical looking guns and if we concede the AR-15 we are certainly starting down the slippery slope.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim. -- Jeff Cooper

The knowledge that there are armed staff members and/or volunteers in schools would do more to eliminate evil like we saw in Florida than can be imagined. You can count the number of mass public shootings not occurring in GFZs since 1950 on one hand. When the would-be mass murderer considers there are not only people who are armed, but you'll never know who is armed? These horrific incidents will cease. Who is armed? Is it a teacher? An administrator? A janitor? The lunch lady? All of the above? Right now the evil in this world has a sure thing, they'll be the only one with a gun. End that, and we'll end the problem.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim. -- Jeff Cooper

The knowledge that there are armed staff members and/or volunteers in schools would do more to eliminate evil like we saw in Florida than can be imagined. You can count the number of mass public shootings not occurring in GFZs since 1950 on one hand. When the would-be mass murderer considers there are not only people who are armed, but you'll never know who is armed? These horrific incidents will cease. Who is armed? Is it a teacher? An administrator? A janitor? The lunch lady? All of the above? Right now the evil in this world has a sure thing, they'll be the only one with a gun. End that, and we'll end the problem.
    ^^^THIS^^^

1st responders are great...reinforcements. If things go that wrong, you need an immediate responder and the only one you should count on to step up, is yourself. As for sheeple not wanting "teachers with guns on their hips", concealment fixes that.

No knowledgeable person would try to clear a building by themselves except as an act of desperation. If you're a disgruntled punk, what would your odds be against multiple trained staff and faculty?

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Stop the shootings and you stop the attack on the 2nd Amendment.
    No. The attacks on the 2A predate school shootings. The people in the anti-gun lobby are either:

1)elitist bigots who hold us and our freedom in contempt

2)statist politicians making a power grab

3)what lenin called "useful idiots" who don't know what they're talking about and emote instead of thinking.

The first 2 groups aren't going away, they'll just adopt new strategies and look for other opportunities. The last group--the political zombies--will still be getting led around by nose.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.
    -- Jeff Cooper "

I posted this quote on Mom Demands Action and an anti-gunner woman liked that post and her profile picture is thijs:

https://www.facebook.com/lori.nicolopulos?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

This clearly shows that most of them don't actually read or has no comprehension skills.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Stolen

#FreeTheSheepdogs

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    No. The attacks on the 2A predate school shootings. The people in the anti-gun lobby are either:

1)elitist bigots who hold us and our freedom in contempt

2)statist politicians making a power grab

3)what lenin called "useful idiots" who don't know what they're talking about and emote instead of thinking.

The first 2 groups aren't going away, they'll just adopt new strategies and look for other opportunities. The last group--the political zombies--will still be getting led around by nose.[/QUOT

One man with courage is a majority. I will take Andrew Jackson over Lenin six days a week and twice on Sunday.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom