• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Meh, if they make a new regulation then they make a new regulation. I'm sure you said the same about the pistol braces, and they are completely legal and becoming an industry standard at this point. Acting like scared little girls is no way to exercise our freedoms.

In this case, I have a tendency to agree. Apparently, they have a letter already that it is not an NFA item. Assuming that is the case, I see no issue. I wouldn't want to potentially open myself up to a crime, but new regulations? Can't help that.

I would note that my opinion remains that if the binary trigger is the "key", as it's been explained so far, I don't see the "loophole".

The rifling? Well, I see it.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    The not quite nfa aspect is interesting I would be more interested in a non nfa suppressor (assuming they don't get removed from the nfa). Something like a "quiet action" that by the nature of the firearms function doesn't produce a loud report. Is there a requirement for how loud a gun has to be?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The not quite nfa aspect is interesting I would be more interested in a non nfa suppressor (assuming they don't get removed from the nfa). Something like a "quiet action" that by the nature of the firearms function doesn't produce a loud report. Is there a requirement for how loud a gun has to be?

Yeah we've been down this road in another thread. I don't see it. Being one piece of steel doesn't change a device into one NOT designed to make a firearm quieter. I'll admit that I'm no expert and would not mind if I were proven wrong.

Last edited:

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    Ive been following this one on a few forums, There are some mega theories out there. Im very curious as well.

It will be great for Non NFA friendly states

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Yet another company placing a bet that the binary trigger won't be getting banned or added to the NFA "list"... Interesting concept though, allowing you to switch from "standard" mechanical trigger mode to the "digital" mode which lightens the trigger pull on one setting, and converts it to a binary trigger on the second setting.

[video=youtube;KSyc_WfIC_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyc_WfIC_8[/video]

I always thought a great idea would be a digital trigger that allowed you to “save up” trigger pulls. You could set it to record mode, pull the trigger 3-30 times, and through some action play it out. It would only fire amount of times you pulled the trigger it would just be a semi auto auto sear

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I always thought a great idea would be a digital trigger that allowed you to “save up” trigger pulls. You could set it to record mode, pull the trigger 3-30 times, and through some action play it out. It would only fire amount of times you pulled the trigger it would just be a semi auto auto sear

That would be pretty neat... Like recording a "macro" for your firearm.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I brought this up on integrally suppressed firearms. A silencer is defined as something that reduces the natural report. If it's integrally suppressed, isn't THAT the natural report???

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want a gun that makes the sound of Hillary supporters crying out in agony from loosing the election every time I pull the trigger. I'd buy the **** out of that gun.
    Oh that's right, all my guns already sound like freedom

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I brought this up on integrally suppressed firearms. A silencer is defined as something that reduces the natural report. If it's integrally suppressed, isn't THAT the natural report???

Not sure it would matter legally, but show me the word "natural".

The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

18 U.S.C.A. § 921

"What do those baffles do?"

"They are an integral part of the barrel."

"Do they have the effect of making the report quieter than it otherwise would be?"

"Well, yeah."

"Silencer."

"But they aren't separate parts, their integral to the barrel."

"Is the barrel a part?"

"Yes."

"Does this barrel, designed as it is with baffles, have the effect of making the report quieter than it would be with a barrel designed another way?"

"Yes."

"Silencer."

- There's a reason this hasn't been tried...even though there are plenty of integrally suppressed firearms on the market.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think a variation of that conversation, involving binary triggers/single pull/function is what will make this Franklin weapon non-NFA. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think a variation of that conversation, involving binary triggers/single pull/function is what will make this Franklin weapon non-NFA. ;)

"So when you pull the trigger, one bullet is fired?"

"Yeah, but when you release it another one is, so 2 bullets."

"But when you pull and don't release, it's just one bullet, though..."

"Yeah, but the pull kinda starts the process for the second bullet to be fired."

"You're saying that a single function of the trigger causes 2 bullets to be fire?"

"NO, absolutely not. The pull is a separate function from the release."

"So only one bullet is released when you pull the trigger then."

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Even my kids know that if you're getting ready to do something that bumps up to the line of being acceptable or not, you don't make a big deal about it so as not to force the parents to intervene. You have to play it cool so it doesn't look like you're getting away with anything. I feel like a new regulation is getting ready to happen.

Except that when you are a kid and your parents catch on that you just scammed them (or you annoyed them in some other way so they decide to suddenly notice what you are up to), you get your allowance cut or your butt smacked. When the ATF finally notices, you're eligible for raids on your factory and felony prosecution.

I would think/hope that Franklin Armory already got a letter from the ATF deeming their configuration a "not-NFA" firearm. IIRC the originators of the pistol brace got a letter first as well, then the ATF changed its mind, then changed it back. But they got the approval first and nobody got raided or prosecuted. Yet.

As far as the configuration, I think the newfangled trigger/fire control group occupying the space between "rifle" and "machinegun" is most plausible...except that I read somewhere on the internet that someone already asked Franklin about this, and they said "no." So must be true.

Anyway, a Lancaster Barrel would be cool, and the main purpose of this firearm would be to annoy Bloombergians and their ilk, so "cool" should be an important feature of this firearm. :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I like the smoothbore barrel thing (in some configuration).

Again, it's fun to speculate and I'd love to be wrong on some of my assessments if the ATF sees space where I do not.

Top Bottom