• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s the simplicity that I like on the things. Love my CZs but the guts of a CZ are not simple. A Glock, once working, will generally keep working the same way for a long time. This is both good and bad. The G23s that I have are fantastic in the consistent reliability that they deliver. The G30s I have are less fantastic in the consistency of their ability to target my forehead with brass.

The funky grip angle does not bother me much unless I go straight from point shooting a Glock to point shooting a 1911. I don’t get that as much when point shooting a CZ though.

A rival to the Glock in simplicity would be the CZ P07/P09 series. Glocks are fantastic pistols in .40 but it’s the 9mm CZ that seems to really shine. I wish that my .40 CZs were as consistent as my .40 Glocks and that my 9mm Glocks were as good as my 9mm CZs. Fortunately, neither are all that expensive, so we can run what we like.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    True story: :) The OP of this thread had cross posted it from GT. And then got banned from GT for being a troll. Yup, he is so much of a fanboy that he got banned from GlockTalk for being a fanboy troll. You really have to be over the top to get banned from GT for being too much of a Glock fanboy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True story: :) The OP of this thread had cross posted it from GT. And then got banned from GT for being a troll. Yup, he is so much of a fanboy that he got banned from GlockTalk for being a fanboy troll. You really have to be over the top to get banned from GT for being too much of a Glock fanboy.

Figures.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Hell. I was there. From my POV a third world industrious convinced all of America that we did not need fundamentals but high capacity plastic guns. America took the bait hook, line and sinker cause shooting more volume made more sense than lead placement responsability
    . So far, we have not returned to marksmanship over volume.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hell. I was there. From my POV a third world industrious convinced all of America that we did not need fundamentals but high capacity plastic guns. America took the bait hook, line and sinker cause shooting more volume made more sense than lead placement responsability
    . So far, we have not returned to marksmanship over volume.

Settle down, Elmer. We ain't going back to .44 Specials. :)

The days of officers found dead on the scene with an empty revolver and a dropped speedloader are over, as they should be. Good guy firepower needs to at least equal bad guy firepower.

Nobody has to choose capacity over marksmanship when it's easy to have both.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    All I own now. Trust my life to them right out of the box. As long as it's not an oddity like the foe-ty cal. Wonderful pistols.

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Settle down, Elmer. We ain't going back to .44 Specials. :)

The days of officers found dead on the scene with an empty revolver and a dropped speedloader are over, as they should be. Good guy firepower needs to at least equal bad guy firepower.

Nobody has to choose capacity over marksmanship when it's easy to have both.
    I agree with this....especially the last sentence. That’s why I have both. Didn’t say I don’t shoot HICap just not at Camp Perry.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...at Camp Perry.

Here's a piece of trivia for everyone: when you hear the following phrase:

"The following range commands are for the alibi shooters on points XXX and YYY..."

A. What kind of event are you at?

and

B. What kind of centerfire gun is in 75%+ of the shooters' hands...(including 90%+ of the people who need the re-fires)?

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have no idea what she was shooting, but I sure did enjoy watching her shoot it. Thanks for that.

I dunno. That looks like a man's jaw to me. Might explain Glock's recent interest in crossover models. :):

Capture.jpg

Top Bottom