• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m tired of all the “Glocks rule” and “Glock bashing” and “Glock fan boy” threads. I have actually been thinking of selling all my Glocks, and buy a real nice quality reliable 1911.

But then I come to my senses, and realize there’s no such thing as a reliable 1911. :D

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Glocks Work. Period. End of story.

Wish that was the case with the Glock 42 I bought here from the classifieds - first range session experienced 3 malfunctions out of 10 rounds of Federal FMJ. Was good with Remington and Aguila FMJ. Just don't have lot of confidence in a pistol for defense that has failures with FMJ ammo. Too bad as the G42 shoots pretty well for me.
    G42 20 shots.jpg
    20 rounds at 7 yards.
    To me, it feels like gripping a 2x4. Really wanted to like them, but they never felt right in my hand.

That pretty much sums it up for me as I have never come across and entire line of pistols that felt so wrong in my hand , that is until the introduction of the G42 and G43 - those fit my hand remarkably well.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I’m tired of all the “Glocks rule” and “Glock bashing” and “Glock fan boy” threads. I have actually been thinking of selling all my Glocks, and buy a real nice quality reliable 1911.

But then I come to my senses, and realize there’s no such thing as a reliable 1911. :D

I might have been somewhat agreeable with you till you put 1911 and reliable in the same sentence :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...That looks like a man's jaw to me...

Capture.jpg

A man? Might be time for some self-evaluation for you, huh?

463025-glocks-work-period-end-story-3.html

6fP7pTY.jpg

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    True story: :) The OP of this thread had cross posted it from GT. And then got banned from GT for being a troll. Yup, he is so much of a fanboy that he got banned from GlockTalk for being a fanboy troll. You really have to be over the top to get banned from GT for being too much of a Glock fanboy.

I hope the good folks over there took the time to point out the blatant factual inaccuracies in his post.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I like my glocks, but i dont like the feel outside of the 19/23 frame and sizes. I like my 1911's, Sig XO and SR1911, I also like my M&P's. All have shot very reliably for me. I've experienced no failures with any of them. yet I'm also continually shooting and such to where a failure could show up at any time.

If something proves itself unreliable i tend to put it on my trade list or sell list.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I consider Glock to be the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord of firearms. They aren’t very exciting, but they do the job reliably. I’ve put a lot of rounds through a few different Glocks and have zero issues. I do understand that some folks want a Mustang GT instead though.

I always think of the guccied glocks as the fast and furious ricers of the gun world. I still want one some day. A stock 19x,45, or 34 are on my list for 2020 unless I find a deal I can't resist. Doubtful though.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I’ve had 1 out of 4 that actually worked out of the box.

got them sorted out, but perfection?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1-fq6RV0Q

Holy crap, that is horrible. You might as well be firing a flintlock...
    Is that stock or a custom weapon for comp?

The only issue I have ever had with my Sigs is when I introduced an aftermarket barrel (EFK).
    Damn thing would not cycle properly. Using the OEM barrel, never a single FTF or FTE. Never.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;y03QUZn3aE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03QUZn3aE0&index=150&list=PL-uc82tdU8iBRBrhDNUpAkoiHFgdnWsxM&t=0s[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    A man? Might be time for some self-evaluation for you, huh?

463025-glocks-work-period-end-story-3.html

6fP7pTY.jpg

1911 graybeards always have a back-up plan if their gun jams.

Their wife sits on the assailant.

Big projectiles, slow speeds (you've heard this before).

This thread rocks...:rockwoot:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Holy crap, that is horrible. You might as well be firing a flintlock...
    Is that stock or a custom weapon for comp?

The only issue I have ever had with my Sigs is when I introduced an aftermarket barrel (EFK).
    Damn thing would not cycle properly. Using the OEM barrel, never a single FTF or FTE. Never.

Bone stock. Factory ammo even.
    as I recall I took that video after I had sent it in for repair and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong. I took the video and sent the link to glock to prove it was a pile of crap, they again "fixed it" and when it returned I fired exactly one round before it jammed. I told them I’d be sending it back and if they didn’t replace it I’d drive it down to Georgia and find someone’s rear end to shove it into... so they sent me a new gun, but it wouldn’t run either. In the mean time I bought a G19 thinking I’d use it while the G34 was getting sorted out. It started out ok but then started malfunctioning. Fixed them both with a gen4 extractor/ejector. They’ve run fine since. I later got a gen4 G35, and it’s worked without issue.

if you’re really bored, you can follow the drama here.....
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/183441-new-production-gun-6.html#post2605467

the 1911 I built with hand tools, as well as the various other 1911s I’ve had, have been very reliable.

All types can malfunction. All need a thousand rounds or so of confidence before I’ll carry or compete with them....

-rvb

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    <SNIP>

if you’re really bored, you can follow the drama here.....
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/183441-new-production-gun-6.html#post2605467

the 1911 I built with hand tools, as well as the various other 1911s I’ve had, have been very reliable.

All types can malfunction. All need a thousand rounds or so of confidence before I’ll carry or compete with them....

-rvb

Thank you for clarifying. You are correct, any gun on any given day can malfunction.
    I will also clarify that both of my Sigs were used when I bought them...so your "1K rounds" theory may just be spot on.

Top Bottom