Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Two words... pocket carry.

Two more words... ankle holster.

Just saying...

3 more for you: "Freedom of Choice"

or 3 more: "Breaking no laws"

or even: "Law Abiding Citizen"

It may be your choice to conceal. I, personally, never have OC'd, but I'm not going to tell others that they should not.

Just saying.....

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Two words... pocket carry.

Two more words... ankle holster.

Just saying...

A bunch of words.

In Indiana, you can carry open or concealed. There is no right or wrong. For those that do OC, they are well aware of the potential hassles and are willing to face those issues without worrying about what others think. OC or CC is your choice, just carry the thing.

You count them.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Living in Arizona most of the year... I open carry whenever I feel like it.

I wasn't trying to make a statement (perhaps the OP was?)... I was simply saying that I use the available options, when it's appropriate to do so.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    3 more for you: "Freedom of Choice"

or 3 more: "Breaking no laws"

or even: "Law Abiding Citizen"

It may be your choice to conceal. I, personally, never have OC'd, but I'm not going to tell others that they should not.

Just saying.....

This.

Four words: His choice to Open Carry

Just sayin..

Also this, except it's 5 words.:):

Edit: Haha, I see SirRealism beat me to it.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Actually they do have the ability to "ban" guns in their private property when a sign is posted. You can chuckle as you walk by but if someone did catch a climpse of your gun you in for some trouble. if the police are called I can pretty much guarantee it would result in the loss of your handgun license.

I think that if you read forum member Billb's ongoing thread about St. John you would see that you would easily loose your license.

When you carry into a restuarant that has posted a sign restricting guns then you are breaking the law and you will easily be labeled as not being a "proper person" by the state police.

While I do not like the policy I do have to comply with it. But I can also not go there and give them my money also. By your logic should also carry into a school, an airliner or a federal building.

plus 1 here....

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Actually they do have the ability to "ban" guns in their private property when a sign is posted. You can chuckle as you walk by but if someone did catch a climpse of your gun you in for some trouble. if the police are called I can pretty much guarantee it would result in the loss of your handgun license.

I think that if you read forum member Billb's ongoing thread about St. John you would see that you would easily loose your license.

When you carry into a restuarant that has posted a sign restricting guns then you are breaking the law and you will easily be labeled as not being a "proper person" by the state police.

While I do not like the policy I do have to comply with it. But I can also not go there and give them my money also. By your logic should also carry into a school, an airliner or a federal building.
    plus 1 here....

I see we have the informed line over there, and the misinformed line right here.

In Indiana the "No Firearms" signs have no teeth to them, now if you are informed to leave after your firearm is seen and do not, then by law you are trespassing.

Trespassing will not get you labeled as a "Proper person" and this is in no way related to Bill b's thread about what went on in St. Johns, Indiana.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    No guns signs are company policies and NOT a legal notice in Indiana.

Company policy does not equal the law. It's a request. Just like the request to cover up. The "manager" (OP, I think you should go find out if the guy really was a manager) can make the request all he wants. You do not have to comply with a request.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    To answer the questions posting ealier about why INGO members go to BW3's when it is clearly documented of their stance on guns.....

ITS BECAUSE THEIR WINGS ARE YUM YUM YUMMY!!! :rockwoot:

To support INGO and not my belly, I will not go to BW3's for at least 1 month! :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I give a big :yesway: to the Op. Way to keep a cool head under pressure.

But the thing that gets me about the OC issues we here members talk about on here, is take the OP for starters Do the public really not understand that he was finger printed had a background check, and was found fit by the state of indiana to be able to purchase and leagaly carry that gun:dunno:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Screw BWW! They hired a guy, fired from where I work two days after he failed his drug screen. His loser ass lost a 50k+ job:rockwoot: Thank you random drug screening!

If a companys policy dosnt coinside with the laws in this country they need to leave! Not the law abiding patron!

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Not a Lawyer, but I believe this situation would probably be handled as 2 separate events...
    1st event -ordering meal
    2nd event- being asked to leave
    I suggest this because ordering didn't seem to be contingent on OC'ing
    I believe ordering infers paying.
    After you found out they didn't want you to dine and OC, you know,
    "If A then B" doesn't necessairly mean "If NOT b then NOT a"...

Actually, the part I underlined is incorrect. "If not b then not a" is known as the contrapositive of "if a then b" and is used in mathematics to prove statements that cannot be proven directly. These two statements are equivalent. I would be 100% correct in saying that if I get the food AND atmosphere (a), then I will pay (b). But if I do not get the food AND atmosphere (~a), then I will not pay (~b).
    You can't get much better in court than mathematically proving that you are right. :D

Also, if food was the only consideration then movie theaters, music concerts, dance clubs, etc could all ask you to leave their property before you get entertained without giving you you're money back. The experience is a major part of the "contract" that BWW would be violating by kicking you out. With all the TV's and such, BWW is most certainly selling an experience as well as food.

Top Bottom