• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I would face up to a huge mistake by proving my sincere understanding of the error by: Restricting myself from carrying for 2013, and by enrolling in a safety course (and also by hanging out on INGO for a year and learning as much as possible about firearm safety and law).

If you become very humble, and take corrective actions on your own, it may save you from harsher judgement by your peers.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I wouldn't try to make a legal issue out of it. Just stay away. If you need to go there for work, start thinking of excuses for why you can't attend.

Or perhaps you could dress in drag and they will not be able to tell it is you. Sorry dude, I agree with the other posts.
    But no one got hurt and just think of the rest of the newbies (me included) that can learn from mistakes from others. If you ride a motorcycle you will know that at some point everyone makes a mistake. So No throwing stones coming from me. Thank you for posting something that may cause you some embarrassment for the sake of the rest of us.

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely the establishment has the right to bar you from their property. Push the issue and they can request Law enforcement to serve you notice you are not allowed on the property. Push your luck again and a simple phone call to law enforcement will have you facing criminal tress passing charges.
    The bartender did you a favor by not involving law enforcement you were asked not to return you should respect those wishes. It was your stupid mistake and now you have to suffer the consequences of your actions. Let it be a lesson learned and be thankful you didn't have to learn it harder than you did.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    ^^Op, go ahead and do yourself a favor and add this guy to your ignore list. He likes to act like he speaks for the entire community, when in reality he actually speaks for almost none of us.

ummmm, son, perhaps you should take a quick gander through this thread and see who everyone agrees with........

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You might try calling them in a few weeks and talking with the owner - explain the situation, what you've learned, and possibly even offer to not carry on their property in the future. The alternative is not being able to go there at all and missing work or being arrested for trespassing.

Alternatively, if it's a while before you go there again - there's a good chance (unless they're never ever busy) that they won't remember you so long as you don't make an ass of yourself in the future - but this is risky if they've told you to leave before.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    ummmm, son, perhaps you should take a quick gander through this thread and see who everyone agrees with........

Son? :rolleyes:

No one told him he needs to give up his 2nd Amendment Right. They just told him what he did was stupid and that he needs to learn from his mistake. So they certainly don't agree with you, as per usual.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Yes, very bad form on my behalf and new that quickly hence leaving ASAP and the follow up apology. The question though is can they legally deny me entry? I have been looking up regs and law codes and it seems to me that they are discriminating against me disallowing entry. (This really would not be an issue for me but my company uses this venue for events and it may effect my ability to attend important work related events)

:rolleyes:........You serious?.......YEAH dude.......they CAN.......an' like all'a others in here......be glad it end'd like it did......

SOMEwhere.......in that place......I'm sure they's a sign that sezz...
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to ANYone"......

:rolleyes:.......They could give a ratz 'bout yer 'Work related events'

Some lessons is learn'd hard......be glad they took it easy on ya.....:twocents:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I recently concealed carry to a gathering at one of the nicest restaurants in Indy. My group was at the bar and as the night was winding down for our group around 8pm I hugged my friends goodbye and was found out for carrying. My friend wanted to see my Springfield 1911 EMP 9mm. Without thinking it through I unholstered and unloaded the gun before showing it to him at the bar. The bartender noticed and requested I put it away, which I did immediately and left. I went back to the establishment and apologized to the bartender. He informed me that I am no longer welcome and should not come back for awhile. I respected his wishes and stayed away for a month. I showed up tonight and he said I am banned for an extended period. He mentioned to my friend that I should not come back in 2013. Does he or the restaurant have the authority to ban me for any period of time for my actions?

You have effectively been legally tresspassed from the property. Any time you go back you are technically breaking the law and are subject to criminal charges. It is really pretty simple. The owner said do not come back. That means do not come back.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Learn from your mistake. Concealed Carry means just that and not to share that information with anyone. Especially in a bar, firearms and alcohol never mix.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    OP, I bet after tonight you will wish you never brought a brain lapse you had already identified up on a public forum.

I encourage you to stick around, this is a pretty decent community. You might want to invest in some kevlar under wear in the meantime. And again:welcome::ingo:

I think you have made history for most activity on initial post. Heck you may even get to 50 posts in one night.

LS6

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes, very bad form on my behalf and new that quickly hence leaving ASAP and the follow up apology. The question though is can they legally deny me entry? I have been looking up regs and law codes and it seems to me that they are discriminating against me disallowing entry. (This really would not be an issue for me but my company uses this venue for events and it may effect my ability to attend important work related events)

Private property rights apparently aren't taught in school any more...

Must be part of the entitlement generation.:twocents:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well I disagree with everything everybody else said above.
    I think it was a great idea to pull your gun out in public, But an even greater idea to tell you story here! First you get banned from an establishment that you evidently need access to, and secondly, you get a record breaking public flogging right here on INGO.
    And you make the rest of us feel good about ourselves because we either:
    1) didn't make such a mistake and/or
    2) didn't post it here.

-- end of virtual purple --

Honestly, this thread will do two things:
    1. Inform those who need to learn about such thing and
    2. Make you feel about 2 inches tall.

Hang in there. About 53% of those above are rooting for you.
    23% are a$$wipes
    and 24% have done worst than you.
    (PS. I'm in either the 23 or 24% above - you decide)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OP, first off, welcome to the forum. Stick around and learn as much as you can.

Second of all, do not give up your right to carry, he speaks for none of us. It is your right, however I would recommend exercising better judgement in the future.

They not only have the right to bar you from their premises, but they have an obligation to keep their establishment as safe as possible. When you removed your firearm from the holster in a public establishment, that created an unsafe environment and they acted swiftly and correctly. I would recommend calling the owner and explain the situation. Explain that it will not happen again and offer to never carry in the establishment again.

Sorry that you had to learn like this, but it happens. Take a class or two, to learn safe handling of firearms, it will help you in the long run.

Top Bottom