• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Congrats!:cheers:

I used to have a little girl like that. Then I blinked, and I was walking her down the aisle.;)

In case nobody's ever told you, time flies.:(

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Back story, my wife and I lost a baby in 2014, had a rainbow in 2015. Earlier this year we lost another. We started trying again and was eventually successful. With our history it was hard to think positive but my wife was experiencing pregnancy issues that made us hopeful. Our doctor scheduled an early ultrasound due to history. I was good with positive thoughts until Thursday night. Trying to get to sleep, bad thoughts kept coming back.

When end we were called back to the room, we knew the ultrasound tech from all but one previous ultrasound. Neither my wife or I were watching the monitor and she said to look. As soon as the baby came on the screen with a heartbeat, it was over. Four more weeks and we will be out of the first trimester and if the baby is still good then, there is a 99% chance of baby being good through the end. I guess rainbows and us go together.

The fun part part now is we don’t want to know the gender until it is born. If history is any indication, it could be born as early as our anniversary or Valentine’s Day.
    Congratulations man!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    24 hour update, more like 28.

We have a name, no idea if I posted it before this. Olivia Joy. She is a nursing pro already, unlike her big sister who wasn’t and caused issues in many ways due to that. We finally got up to the mother baby unit late yesterday afternoon due to medication for blood pressure. Well, I left before the move to go home and take a 2 hour power nap and shower. Also to get my wife her requested celebration sweet tea from red lobster. While there I treated myself to a steak dinner while there since the hospital cafeteria was closed then. I also took my wife biscuits and broccoli since the food here is severely bland.

On a semi related note: missed a few phone calls from my dad while out. I called him back and he said he had to get out of the house. He had been dating and was engaged to someone. We have had them over for dinner multiple times and was finally getting to know her. She had been sick and took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and passed away.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    24 hour update, more like 28.

We have a name, no idea if I posted it before this. Olivia Joy. She is a nursing pro already, unlike her big sister who wasn’t and caused issues in many ways due to that. We finally got up to the mother baby unit late yesterday afternoon due to medication for blood pressure. Well, I left before the move to go home and take a 2 hour power nap and shower. Also to get my wife her requested celebration sweet tea from red lobster. While there I treated myself to a steak dinner while there since the hospital cafeteria was closed then. I also took my wife biscuits and broccoli since the food here is severely bland.

On a semi related note: missed a few phone calls from my dad while out. I called him back and he said he had to get out of the house. He had been dating and was engaged to someone. We have had them over for dinner multiple times and was finally getting to know her. She had been sick and took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon and passed away.

Wow...you have had a lot to deal with! So sorry to hear about your dad's lady friend.

I'm glad that things are going well with the new baby. I love the name!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Hello all, update, we are still in the hospital. When we were being discharged they couldn’t get a hold of our family doctor so we waited and in the meantime my wife’s blood pressure went up again. Her discharge papers were rescinded and here we are. Olivia is a nursing pro, so far we have only lost four ounces overall in weight. Started out 5’ 6ounces, went to 5 2, up to 5,4, down to 5 and back to 5 2. She is definitely our little sweet pea (her big sister was little peanut when she was born).

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    What an emotional day. Before today we had already decided this was our last child. I almost lost it just driving from the parking spot to the doors thinking this will be our last walk out the doors as new parents. Seeing our three year old see her little sister for the first. Even just thinking back of how great my wife was during the delivery.

Also so thought of how much I miss babies r us. We need halo sleep sacks and no one in town has them.

happy to be home, missed my memory foam bed. Hoping that miss Olivia continues her great strides she has done so far.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    When we had our baby shower we had a choice of registering between Babies-R-Us and buy-buy Baby. Babies-R-Us had a “no guns” sign on the door so we went over to buy-buy Baby where I open carried the whole time while we looked for items to add to our registry. Ended up costing babies-R-us about $3,000 in sales and now they are gone and buy-buy Baby is still rocking.

If there’s anything you need from the Indianapolis buy-buy Baby send me a PM and I will deliver it for you. Congrats again.

Here are our twins. They just turned 3. We are truly blessed as are you.

115FAB0B-C1BC-4EF0-BCCF-A5AFF1125E8A.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have some of those emotions lately when I see the terrorists growing so fast. They are the youngest and most likely the last of the G-kids. I look at the pics of them as newborns and I miss that part of being around them. So I really do understand your emotions.

Cherish every minute. Even the sleepless nights.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm glad you are home...get some rest and enjoy those babies. Post photos when you can...some of us really enjoy seeing them. :)

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I have some of those emotions lately when I see the terrorists growing so fast. They are the youngest and most likely the last of the G-kids. I look at the pics of them as newborns and I miss that part of being around them. So I really do understand your emotions.

Cherish every minute. Even the sleepless nights.

Your last sentence, 3/4 nights have been awesome for sleep to date, we won’t talk about night two for the baby at the hospital though (common rough night).. Not like I used to get by any means but 1-2.5 hours between feedings and sleeping in between. My wife’s dad is staying with us so he helped with our 3 year old until we get a pattern and flow with our new one.

Top Bottom