Indy 1500 Admission/Parking Costs & Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I will be in the same section as Tactical ShotGunner across from the Raven tables. DOes not look like I will have my banner by then.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    What planet are you from, hell yes its WORTH IT. Guns , ammo, more guns,lots more ammo, safes, 1 fired brass, cheap knifes, and FUDGE. If this will be your first time, PLEASE stop by the U.S.Marine raffle and pony up at least $5. WEAR comfortable shoes and if you are wearing CAMO, I will apolgise a head of time..SORRY did't see ya.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    If you like guns and related products. it's well worth the effort to go:D, the line at 10:30 is minimal may take a few minutes to get in unlike at 0800:xmad:, it take me about 4 hrs to walk to every table making my notes what is were at what price, before going back and hoping it's still their.
    guns, reloading equipment and compoments, books, shirts and more food than you can imagine! so yes go and by something, and have a good time, NRA and ispc are usually their somewhere, also.:patriot:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It's going to be tough for me to go this time around. I can't stand crowds. The smell is often too much for me to bear. I didn't find anything I wanted last time around and this time I don't have anything on the list. Might just sit it out.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It's going to be tough for me to go this time around. I can't stand crowds. The smell is often too much for me to bear. I didn't find anything I wanted last time around and this time I don't have anything on the list. Might just sit it out.
    I thought of this earlier. Please take a bath before you go, and please tell your buddies to do the same. There is no excuse to smell like you just crawled out from a weeks vacation in a dumpster.

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Definitely Worth It

I love going even if I don't buy anything. I enjoy just spending the day walking around looking at all the cool stuff I could buy if I only had the $$! :yesway:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I thought of this earlier. Please take a bath before you go, and please tell your buddies to do the same. There is no excuse to smell like you just crawled out from a weeks vacation in a dumpster.

Heck yes!

Also please be sure to wipe properly. I always get stuck near THAT person for at least part of show.

Seriously, it's horrible. Seems to be a few at each show.....

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    I feel your guys pain with the stinch of a fellow 1500 attendee. nice oily hair and a camo jacket lol....... ok an ithica 51? I have a 37 and like it well enough, do you have any pictures of the 51 and price
    thanks

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You guys down south have all the fun......seems the closer you are to Chicago, the worse the gun shows and shops are :rolleyes:

But to be honest, it sounds a bit intimidating to go to the Indy 1500 for my first show. All the comments about stinky people. etc are a bit of a turn off.

How diverse is the crowd? White, Black, Latinos? I love diversity.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    You guys down south have all the fun......seems the closer you are to Chicago, the worse the gun shows and shops are :rolleyes:

But to be honest, it sounds a bit intimidating to go to the Indy 1500 for my first show. All the comments about stinky people. etc are a bit of a turn off.

Its not that bad, it can be very crowded at times.

Before I started selling at the show I used to make a trip down there 2-3 times a year for the show. It is the best in the state.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I was going to put them in the classifieds once I reached 50 posts (although I'm a site supporter as of a couple of days ago when I paid the fee), but here they are:

Ithaca Model 51 12 gauge Featherweight
    Remington 870 SP 12 gauge Super Mag Turkey Camo
    Thompson Center Scout muzzleloader

What am I supposed to do? Just carry them around the show? Have a buddy carry one? :):
    wooden dowell or plastic whichever you prefer with a paper flag on the end with your asking price.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana

I wouldn't be scared of it. If you have ever been anywhere there are more than 100 people from the G.P. then you probably won't see or smell any worse than what you already have. As far as diversity, there are white, black, and latinos, men and women, but I would call the vast majority white males ages 25-55:dunno:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner

Also from NWI

I've gone to three 1500's in the last two years. ALWAYS worth the trip. I haven't ever come home empty handed either.

Basically the 1500 is like one of the online gun shops like Buds, but in person. You can find just about anything you're looking for and a lot more that you aren't.

The crowd, other than the one guy that hasn't bathed in a week and doesn't wipe or brush his teeth that always decides to talk to me (there's always at least one that does this) isn't all that bad. I tend to just ignore them, seeing them only as moving obstacles I've gotta work around.

If you can make it, definitely go. Even if you come home empty handed, you got to see the largest gun showroom you'll probably ever see in your life.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    As of now me and a couple friends plan to be there. This could all change by next weekend but I will be there regardless. Planning on buying an upper, would like a 2 stage trigger and ammo depending on price.:ar15: Can't wait!:rockwoot:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Some of the 1500 shows are really good and some are not so good. Depends on the time of year whether the vendors will be there. The good thing about the 1500 is that you get to see soo much and varied stuff. The prices generally aren't that much better than what you will find online or in a good storefront operation. But sometimes you can fall into someone clearing out old inventory etc. Well worth the money.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009

The only thing to be afraid of is the initial ammo unload area where you buy your admission ticket. There are some fools with no brains that pass through that area.

You'll have fun there.

And there ARE families that go to it.

Top Bottom