Indy 1500 Admission/Parking Costs & Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I've been to the show twice over the last couple of years, although I plan on attending next week. Its definitely worth checking out at least once. I'm amazed at all the strange items for sale. The last time I was able to stock up on 32 H&R Magnum ammo, which can be a pain to find. I definitely view it as entertainment.

bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Are there any Disadvantages to going on friday vs the weeekend? Are all the exibiters there? Obviously im sure that the advantage things arent sold out but are they more expensive?

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Definitely worth it for a hard to find gun. Other than that, from a sociological standpoint, it's very entertaining.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Are there any Disadvantages to going on friday vs the weeekend? Are all the exibiters there? Obviously im sure that the advantage things arent sold out but are they more expensive?

From my experience, going early on Friday is worthwhile to pick up some one of a kind bargains- things that are priced low from the start. The exhibitors are pretty much all there early on Friday (though that may not apply to INGO- sigh). Some vendors may be willing to deal a little more late on Sunday, but I haven't seen much give there.

Definitely worth it for a hard to find gun. Other than that, from a sociological standpoint, it's very entertaining.

This. If you want to purchase a current Glock 19 from Plainfield Shooting Supplies, you can easily do that at their store at any time. I find it much more worthwhile for these two reasons.

Last edited:

danglearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Mooresville,IN
    worth the price of admission

it will be well worth going, no matter the cost. there are a ton of deals & a ton of rip offs, keep an eye out. don't take too many friends w/ you. you all have to stay together & look & the same stuff. you can make bettter time going by your self or at least splitting up. it will be crouded

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I will try here before making another post about the 1500:rolleyes:. Can anyone tell me is this mostly a cash deal or do most booths have the ability to take credit/debit cards?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Most of the booths take cards. Although cash is always king. I'm not going to the show this weekend. Went to the last one. But in my experience, if you go to one, the next one is always the same. I always see the same stuff there. I'll go to the next one though. Just go every other one. I plan on going to Bradis Saturday instead of the show. Then have lunch at Gray Brothers!:):

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I should mention that there is this "underground rule" with gun sale stuff that if you use a credit card, you will likely be charged a 3%-4% fee on top of the listed price. This is the seller covering their credit card company fees.

IMO it should be included in the price, and they could offer a cash discount on the marked price. Don't know why it's done this way, but it is. If you sell on eBay, you cannot impose a credit card charge, even though PayPal charges you for accepting payments. Retail stores don't charge you either. It is already built into the price.

I always look for the seller who does NOT charge the added fee and try to buy from them instead.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Last edited:

PAPA AIRBORNE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Fishers
    I plan on going as this will be my first show. I will be looking for a new or gently used Glock 19 and ammo. I remember seeing on here a couple of weeks ago where Midwest Exchange was selling G19's for around $469. I'm wondering if I will find one at the show for that. I'm also going to try and sell a couple of shotguns.

I too am going and I will be selling/trading a Glock 38, .45 GAP. I am looking for a home defense shotgun and a small 9mm or .380 auto. Can you provide me some more information on your shotguns? Thanks in advace for your information.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I too am going and I will be selling/trading a Glock 38, .45 GAP. I am looking for a home defense shotgun and a small 9mm or .380 auto. Can you provide me some more information on your shotguns? Thanks in advace for your information.

Hello Papa and welcome to INGO. Please note this thread is 6 years old, prices have gone up. $12 admission and $5 parking is what you'll be looking at later this month.

Definitely look around and post an intro (under introduction and greetings when you click "forums").

INGO has FAQs (this is my shocked face :dunno:, INGO has FAQs??) so please take a look. This is a really great community here, welcome to :ingo:

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Thinking about going for my first time next weekend -- working on dragging a few friends with me. Can someone tell me what the admission price and parking costs are? A THR thread said $9 admission and I think I heard $3 parking, but that parking number seems too low.

Also, wondering what the chance is of finding a low-end AK-74 for better than internet prices. I have one friend who is hoping to find cheap cases of 9mm practice ammo.

Also, we can't get there any earlier than mid-morning on Saturday (10:30 or 11:00). How bad is the line at that point? :)::):

If you haven't been there it's worth it for the entertainment value alone. And you might find a deal.

Take a bore light, a magnet and a pad and pen. A backpack or shoulder bag is a good idea. If you're shopping for ammo, take along the figures for the best deals you have available online so you know if you've got a better deal. A smartphone or Ipad is a good idea if you have one.

It's a big show. If you want to look everything over carefully it will take most of the day, particularly if it's crowded.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. I am a newbie (quit going to gun shows and range and sold nearly everything around 1980, all (except for my .38) just .22 rifles and pistols mostly revolvers with a couple of semi-autos. I held onto my Colt Mustang and NAA magnum .22, just for fun.
    2. In the last 3-4 weeks I have bought 3 guns (.38 Charter Arms for the home $260 at Marksman in Westfield; Taurus .357 from an individual that I'm must going to use for trade, probably, or sell outright, and a sweet S/W Victory off an individual for $300 last week.
    3. I want a revolver for target shooting: SS, 8-10 shot. The S/W and Ruger a little pricey for my use, but maybe a Taurus, or if I find a really used one cheap at the show, I can be tempted.
    4. Wouldn't mind a single action also, but what I used to buy for $30-$40 now is under $200.
    5. Wish I would have kept my guns, sold them mostly to my Dad and best friend, and they aren't giving them back, ha!
    6. I'm going to get a 3 day pass. Going over right after school lets out Friday and will at least go back Sunday after church, and maybe Saturday if I'm having too much fun, but might not fight the crowds.
    7. I am excited about it, and can't wait to see if I enjoy it like I used to in my 30s (64 now).
    8. I had no money then, have money now, but I'm still as "thrify/cheap" ha! You used to be able to buy wonderful .357 S/W SS for $300s, and now much more.
    9. Can I carry in my .357 Taurus for trade w/o a gun license?
    10. I would have it in its box, of course (with holster and speed loader).

Top Bottom