Indy 1500 Admission/Parking Costs & Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    :dunno: When you consider paying shipping and handling, and hazard fees for ordering on line. It's close to a toss up depending on what and how much you buy. I write off the admission as entertainment to justify it myself, I'd spend that much going to a Movie. I go mainly for seeing vintage firearms and old Machine guns and that kind of stuff. Also I can usually get surplus ammo for my Mauser cheaper there most of the time, plus you can find interesting survival books, certain kinds of cook books if you know what I mean. :patriot:

I wanna learn how to make those meat-and-potato-in-aluminum-foil-in the fire-things. Can I find a cookbook for that?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    you can buy a hand gun with out your LTCH. After you get it home, you cant take it anywhere without your LTCH.

Edit:
    without the LTCH you can only take it to a place for repair or resale. If you own land and can walk out your back door and shoot/hunt then you can do that.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Sometimes it is worth and sometimes its not. Try to get there when they first open. If you see a good deal on something you are wanting you better jump on it. I made the mistake before of trying to shop around but when I couldnt find a better deal on the item I went back to purchase it and it was already gone.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Market Driven!

Is it just me, or has the show migrated to a black rifle/handgun type of crowd? My buddy and I go almost every time it is here, and there are very few tables with bolt action hunting rifles and/or reloading supplies.
    :patriot: Just like any other business it's market driven! BTW the Jan & March shows are ususally the biggest and best. Don't usually ga to the others unless I really need somthing or bored :laugh:

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    It is a Great Show!!! I have been to the last 10 or so. I have been an exhibitor for 5 or 6 of those 10+. YES, there are a LOT of Weird people there and some do not know how to control their personal hygeine! It is extremely crowded pretty much the Whole time!! But, its not AS busy later in the evening on Saturday and about the Last hour and a half on Sunday.

For the new-goers-- You will have a blast!! Its by far the best show around!!(in my opinion)

Hope you ALL have fun!! Maybe I will see you there!! lol

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I stopped going to gun shows. They never have a deal on what im looking for. They might have good deals on other things but its never what i want.:xmad:

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have gotten there early enough on Saturday that there was no one to take parking money. :):

If you have even a small idea of going more than one day get the 3 day pass. Its only $15 and pays for itself if you only go 2 days.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Lol, was googling trying to figure out where to get a coupon and I came across this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ussion/11590-indy_1500_-_stupid_question.html

Mods could have shut me down and given me the "Use Search Function" slap-down! :)

FYI for everyone I am going Saturday in hopes of deals. Bringing at least one friend who is buying components for his dad.

Will be stopping by the INGO table to say hi to whoever is there.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I am the crop duster...... There are some seriously sweaty stinky people there at the 1500. The deals are few and far between. You can do much better buying online. Unless there is something used you find. The 1500 is a joke. I don't know how you newbies claim this is a great show. Most dealers wont deal, some are just plain rude. They push out the tables making the isle's tighter than what they already are. $3 bucks to park and $9 to walk in the door. Not to mention it's held in the syphilis capital of the state. God forbid there is a patio show going on at the same time, talk about culture clash. The Fairgrounds people try to make the 1500 people park on the other side of 38th street. You get the strangest looks carrying an AR-15 across 38th street. They got me on that once, now I just enter the main gate. If you are getting there around say noon, do not follow the park nazi's directions. You will find yourself parked in the infield real quick.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    i was curious if anyone here from around the southside thats going to the 1500 could stop by the INGO table and maybe pick me up a couple stickers a tshirt,knit hat whatever they might have? i work friday 1500-2300,sat at the FD 0700-1900 and sun at the FD for 24 i could meet up somewhere and give you the funds for it,i'd even throw in 5 or 10 bux for doing it

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I am the crop duster...... There are some seriously sweaty stinky people there at the 1500. The deals are few and far between. You can do much better buying online. Unless there is something used you find. The 1500 is a joke. I don't know how you newbies claim this is a great show. Most dealers wont deal, some are just plain rude. They push out the tables making the isle's tighter than what they already are. $3 bucks to park and $9 to walk in the door. Not to mention it's held in the syphilis capital of the state. God forbid there is a patio show going on at the same time, talk about culture clash. The Fairgrounds people try to make the 1500 people park on the other side of 38th street. You get the strangest looks carrying an AR-15 across 38th street. They got me on that once, now I just enter the main gate. If you are getting there around say noon, do not follow the park nazi's directions. You will find yourself parked in the infield real quick.
    But how do you really feel? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom