Indy 1500 Admission/Parking Costs & Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    One neat thing I saw since the last 1500 show was my first.......

they had a knife sharpening booth where you can leave your knife and walk around and then come back and pick it up...:yesway:

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    What planet are you from, hell yes its WORTH IT. Guns , ammo, more guns,lots more ammo, safes, 1 fired brass, cheap knifes, and FUDGE. If this will be your first time, PLEASE stop by the U.S.Marine raffle and pony up at least $5. WEAR comfortable shoes and if you are wearing CAMO, I will apolgise a head of time..SORRY did't see ya.

I won't be in Camo so I'll see you there. :) There are quite a few stories like the one below from Rimfire, so it is obviously NOT worth it go for some people. Just trying to get a general sense of INGO's view.

It's going to be tough for me to go this time around. I can't stand crowds. The smell is often too much for me to bear. I didn't find anything I wanted last time around and this time I don't have anything on the list. Might just sit it out.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think it's worth it. I have found some very good deals there over the last couple of years. I haven't been there in over a year though being mobilized but am going to go to the Mar show.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I thought of this earlier. Please take a bath before you go, and please tell your buddies to do the same. There is no excuse to smell like you just crawled out from a weeks vacation in a dumpster.
    OK FOR YOU BODY ODOR FREEKERS. A little trick we use at the morgue, optain some peppermint oil (or smeel of choice) and dab a small sample right under your snot locker. this will override your central smell nodes.
    If you need video instruction , view the first coronor sceen in "The silence of the lambs." OK clarisse.

ARE YOU sure its not your breath blowing back in your face!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    OK FOR YOU BODY ODOR FREEKERS. A little trick we use at the morgue, optain some peppermint oil (or smeel of choice) and dab a small sample right under your snot locker. this will override your central smell nodes.
    If you need video instruction , view the first coronor sceen in "The silence of the lambs." OK clarisse.

ARE YOU sure its not your breath blowing back in your face!
    Just because you are a buzzard and like the rancid smell of yuk doesn't mean we civilized crows do. :draw:

There is absolutely NO reason to stink like that. NONE.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im ready to go also got a little bit of extra money stashed back just for the occasion. Ill be looking for 9mm & 380 practice ammo some 30-40 krag, 45-70 etc. And might pick up one of those cheap police trade-in glocks and take it straight to Cory Nash to get refinished. Hopefully I can get outta there before I pull out my credit card.:dunno:

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence
    Is it just me, or has the show migrated to a black rifle/handgun type of crowd? My buddy and I go almost every time it is here, and there are very few tables with bolt action hunting rifles and/or reloading supplies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I haven't been in a few years. I got tired of the high prices and few deals to be had. My buddy wants to go so I'm going this year. The only thing I'm looking for INGO swag.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Is it just me, or has the show migrated to a black rifle/handgun type of crowd? My buddy and I go almost every time it is here, and there are very few tables with bolt action hunting rifles and/or reloading supplies.

I'm a member of the mil-surp, bolt action, old relic type of guy. Then again I pride myself on being a non conformist. As for the orignial question, the 1500 is good to go, go to one and judge for yourself.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    About a Break even

Thinking about going for my first time next weekend -- working on dragging a few friends with me. Can someone tell me what the admission price and parking costs are? A THR thread said $9 admission and I think I heard $3 parking, but that parking number seems too low.

Also, wondering what the chance is of finding a low-end AK-74 for better than internet prices. I have one friend who is hoping to find cheap cases of 9mm practice ammo.

Also, we can't get there any earlier than mid-morning on Saturday (10:30 or 11:00). How bad is the line at that point? :)::):
    :dunno: When you consider paying shipping and handling, and hazard fees for ordering on line. It's close to a toss up depending on what and how much you buy. I write off the admission as entertainment to justify it myself, I'd spend that much going to a Movie. I go mainly for seeing vintage firearms and old Machine guns and that kind of stuff. Also I can usually get surplus ammo for my Mauser cheaper there most of the time, plus you can find interesting survival books, certain kinds of cook books if you know what I mean. :patriot:

Top Bottom