Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Guy,
    Yes they are.
    Don't need a scope just a target....

Cheers, DonK

DonK, I'm very sorry, but TFT's contract with the City of Indianapolis expressly forbids muzzleloaders - because they can't be loaded while complying with Eagle Creek's "muzzle direction" rules. Personally, I love the guns and wish there were more places to shoot them in Indy.

I hope you still decide to attend!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Unfortunately, we have discontinued our relationship with Profire Arms for now, and we're looking for an alternative supplier of factory ammo. My goal is to always provide ammo at "Wal-Mart prices" (without having to wait 20 minutes for someone to open the glass case), so you can expect to pay $24 or so for a box of .45 ACP.

More news to follow!

Guy

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, we have discontinued our relationship with Profire Arms for now, and we're looking for an alternative supplier of factory ammo. My goal is to always provide ammo at "Wal-Mart prices" (without having to wait 20 minutes for someone to open the glass case), so you can expect to pay $24 or so for a box of .45 ACP.

More news to follow!

Guy

Not to bust your chops Guy but your walmart prices and my walmart prices are different...... Thanks for the info though! I've already started stocking up on 45 ACP for the INGO Shoot....

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Not to bust your chops Guy but your walmart prices and my walmart prices are different...... Thanks for the info though! I've already started stocking up on 45 ACP for the INGO Shoot....

My bad! What would you expect to pay for factor .45 ACP (brass - no steel)? (That's not a rhetorical question - I really want to know.)

Thanks again.

Guy

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

More news to follow!

Guy

How about Precision Cartridge?

msuspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    So what is this 'muzzle direction' rule about? Never heard of it. And I really have to say seeing and shooting for most of my fifty years, muzzleoaders are much more safety conscious than anyone I have ever met.
    (this is NOT meant to start a who is safer than who thread, just an observation)
    Maybe the city needs an education on Muzzle loaders as they have no clue of the procedures and what is involved with a muzzle loader.
    If you really want to help the muzzle loaders out then invite us out with the city. I can get any number of NMLRA reps out here to inform and instruct. Especially since the National Muzzle Loader Rifle Association is here in Indiana.
    Sad when a firearm is not welcome. VERY VERY disappointed.

Last edited:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    So what is this 'muzzle direction' rule about? Never heard of it. And I really have to say seeing and shooting for most of my fifty years, muzzleoaders are much more safety conscious than anyone I have ever met.
    (this is NOT meant to start a who is safer than who thread, just an observation)
    Maybe the city needs an education on Muzzle loaders as they have no clue of the procedures and what is involved with a muzzle loader.
    If you really want to help the muzzle loaders out then invite us out with the city. I can get any number of NMLRA reps out here to inform and instruct. Especially since the National Muzzle Loader Rifle Association is here in Indiana.
    Sad when a firearm is not welcome. VERY VERY disappointed.

If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with the muzzle being pointed up when tamping the ball into place with the ramrod...

5. ON THE FIRING LINE, THE MUZZLES OF ALL FIREARMS MUST BE POINTED DOWN-RANGE AT ALL TIMES. NO EXCEPTIONS.

msuspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    I understand that view, the problem is there is nothing to fire the charge off with while setting the powder and ball. Matter of fact it is completely safe at that point. Until I put a charge in the pan or put a firing cap on the nipple, it won't fire.

Unfortunately it is the uninformed that keeps our sport from gaining. Mostly due to ignorant government official who have no clue.

Got a better chance of dropping a single shot centerfire on the ground and going off than a BP rifle at that stage going off. (unless you have a blowtorch by the vent hole:))

But thank you for the rule. It is wrong, but we BPers follow safety because of the possible accidents that could occur. That is why there are so few accidents.

Cheers, DonK

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I might be able to make this.

If I make it, I'll bring a couple of toys that I don't mind sharing. I have a Kimber Grand Raptor II, S&W model 28 .357, and an XDm in .40.

If someone is an excellent shot, I'd be willing to trade some time on my Kimber for a few quick pointers. I just can't get the center fire pistols quite on target yet.
    I have a couple of others I might throw in the bag as well (M&P 9mm, FNP 9mm, and Glock 23). Hope to see everyone there.

kcpew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Fountaintown
    :ingo:I am preaching that Sunday in Fountaintown and Shelbyville, on the ultimate futility of terrorism, when you have Christ as your savior.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'll be there. I shoot there so often the only difference is it's on Sunday instead of Saturdays... I just wish they'd allow me to shoot my steel spinner a little closer than 50yd. At that distance my aging eye can't see what I'm shooting at (the manufacturer only requires min. distance of 25yd)...

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    My apologies if it was mentioned somewhere, but what time does this shindig start? There was a mention of a picnic. Is this a bring-your-own picnic or a bring-to-share picnic?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom