• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Do you have the other info somehow covered when you show them the front of your license?
    No, because I dont care if that solitary cashier sees the rest of the data. I care that info is recorded. The cashier isnt writing anything down or typing it in so I couldnt care less if one individual sees it. And besides, worker bees are too busy to actually look at anything else.

They don't need to collect that either. They are only required to verify one is over the age of 21 to sell alcohol. There is no reason to record or capture the actual birthday date.
    Agreed. THat is why I like Walmart and others with a "over 40" button"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Do you have the other info somehow covered when you show them the front of your license?

Do you reasonably believe that cashiers memorize and/or key-in the other information?

Or are you pretending to ignore the difference between electronically scanning information into a database and human reading/keying-in of that same information?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Do you reasonably believe that cashiers memorize and/or key-in the other information?

Or are you pretending to ignore the difference between electronically scanning information into a database and human reading/keying-in of that same information?

Why are those my only two options?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here's how I imagine Cameramonkey dresses to buy alcohol:

[video=youtube;JgSv1SKCteQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgSv1SKCteQ[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They don't need to collect that either. They are only required to verify one is over the age of 21 to sell alcohol. There is no reason to record or capture the actual birthday date.

If they record anything in that case, it should be "yes" or "no" answering 21 years old or not.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m pissed at Kroger because they changed the shape and label on the olives I like, took me too long to find what I normally buy! I wish they would just leave **** alone and quit trying to stay trendy, it’s too confusing!!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Mrs. Habib and I shopped at the Bloomington west side Kroger last night. We bought two bottles of alcohol and a four pack of beer. The cashier only ask my wife for a DOB. No ID.
    No scanning a DL. It's been that way every time I buy alcohol at any Kroger in Bloomington.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update: No response in the promised 48 hour window. Guess I get to call 1800 KROGER and force them to address it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mrs. Habib and I shopped at the Bloomington west side Kroger last night. We bought two bottles of alcohol and a four pack of beer. The cashier only ask my wife for a DOB. No ID.
    No scanning a DL. It's been that way every time I buy alcohol at any Kroger in Bloomington.

Same here in kokomo

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I dash into the Plainfield Kroger at 7:55 last night and get my bottle of hooch just under the wire. They didn't even ask to see my ID. I appreciated the expediency, but should I be offended that the 20-something who sold me the booze thinks I'm old enough to be her father?

ugh...

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Probably your youthful appearance. Grow a beard? dye your hair grey?

Bought some alcohol the other day at Kroger and they just asked to see the DL and type it in. Although, I've had people think my wife is my daughter...:(

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've never had this problem, at least not yet. I think you handled it correctly. I wouldn't want then scanning my license either, sure not necessary to prove age. Why is everything these days so over the top? Good grief.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wondering if the self checkout might be an exception. Went through last night, and tried it as a test. Cashier just typed it in like normal when I told him the date.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Black Sharpie strategically placed saves a lot of bandwidth.

Good luck at the voting booth. If you don't have a functioning secure ID you'd better bring whatever forms of proof they require.

Go to the hardware store and buy some acetone (old-school nail polish remover). Peel off some laminate in select places (or all of it) with a razor blade. With some Q-tips, take enough swipes at any barcodes, making it un-scannable. The ink will come right off and it will just look like you have taken it in and out of your wallet a thousand times.

Order a backup driver's license (~$12) and keep that one in your safe until you use it to fly, vote, etc.

Top Bottom