• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd like to point out that while the new Star Wars movies have been a series of disappointments of Jarjar Binksian proportions, the three "rebooted" Star Trek movies have been excellent!

Put the hokey religions and ancient weapons to rest with the first three movies where they belong and embrace the Star Trek franchise (especially since it's inherently better anyway).

:bacondance:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm holding out hope that the payoff/resolution comes in EpIX.

(And while Kylo Ren could have been entirely correct about Rey's parentage - and I'd be okay with that, if so - I'm not yet convinced that he was correct, or truthful.)

This is a big factor of what is pissing everyone off about 8.
    EVERY SINGLE QUESTION/MYSTERY/SETUP from episode 7 was thrown out the window, no answers... with the exception of Luke and that was weak.
    This movie didn't move the overall story at all. Nothing happened. Some **** blew up and we had a slow speed chase.
    The prequels moved the story and world along with each episode.
    Beyond that, go rewatch Rogue One and tell me which of the two was actually a "Star Wars" story.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, the Poe-in-the-dark thing is easy: need to know. :) She's the boss. Just because some hothead flyboy wants to know the plan doesn't mean he gets to know the plan. Especially when the plan is a set of contingencies that would take awhile to explain to some junior officer (recently demoted) who really won't have much input, since they don't have any fighters or bombers left.

Explaining the Plan to Mr. Irrelevant would have weakened the story IMHO. :)

Well, it was a dumb plan, based on a dumb plot point (ships running out of fuel), due to an implausible technological leap (tracking ships through hyperspace). It didn't even have to be that implausible. Just make it so that Finn has some implant or something, that the First Order can track. Or have a spy, who planted something on the capital ship.

I don't actually have a problem with Finn's and Rose's mission. That sort of improbable gambit actually fits the SW universe. Having it fail fits the ESB parallel.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a big factor of what is pissing everyone off about 8.
    EVERY SINGLE QUESTION/MYSTERY/SETUP from episode 7 was thrown out the window, no answers... with the exception of Luke and that was weak.
    This movie didn't move the overall story at all. Nothing happened. Some **** blew up and we had a slow speed chase.
    The prequels moved the story and world along with each episode.
    Beyond that, go rewatch Rogue One and tell me which of the two was actually a "Star Wars" story.

25700.svg

I'd like to point out that while the new Star Wars movies have been a series of disappointments of Jarjar Binksian proportions, the three "rebooted" Star Trek movies have been excellent!

Put the hokey religions and ancient weapons to rest with the first three movies where they belong and embrace the Star Trek franchise (especially since it's inherently better anyway).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Yes. X2. The new Star Trek movies are very awesome.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    25700.svg

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by rhino

Wife watches them constantly, she is a certified nerdette.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Did anyone else catch the vibe on how Supreme Leader Snoke's character was similar to Emperor Xerxes from the movie 300?

Supreme-Leader-Snoke-300x188.jpg
    xerxes300sequel_1331935773.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county

And the next Star Trek movie is directed by Quentin Tarantino so good luck with that one. The whole movie takes place on the bridge in a series of flash forward’s and flashback featuring witty dialogue about coffee, big mac’s, foot massage and fonzi. The whole movie on black and white except the guys in the red shirts which all get killed.

I love QT movies can’t see him and Star Trek.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Not sure if I have seen the latest one, but they were able to "reboot" and un-encumber the entire timeline if I recall correctly and essentially be able to do whatever they want with them, keeping some old, and developing some new twists, due to the whole time travel thing. Which is a stroke of genius, rather than just tossing anything canon without an "explanation".

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And the next Star Trek movie is directed by Quentin Tarantino so good luck with that one. The whole movie takes place on the bridge in a series of flash forward’s and flashback featuring witty dialogue about coffee, big mac’s, foot massage and fonzi. The whole movie on black and white except the guys in the red shirts which all get killed.

I love QT movies can’t see him and Star Trek.

Reservoir dogs/Pulp Fiction/multi volume Kill Bill style Star Trek... I'm down for that... and each person can be referred to by a color (Mr. Red Shirt).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The Star Trek series is a different animal, not really fair to compare the two. I just watched one where the bad guy for a former Star Fleet Captain that went native and was trying to destroy the federation, thoroughly loved it too!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm more concerned with these things now.....

What does PORG taste like and HOW did C3PO get his matching arm back?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    what..... .. . ? The new star trek movies were just . . . Awful. Didnt feel like star trek at all.

I was happily surprised by the new star wars movies because i was expecting JJ to ruin another great show ( like he did star trek) but it turned out well.

Top Bottom