Major News Organizations Barred From White House Briefings???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    But doesn't it say something that a Lefty org like NYT/CBS/HP did report on it? Isn't that what we're talking about here?

I will give no props for simply reporting on it, because you have to see where they`ll go with it, what are it`s "fruits"? Stevie Wonder can see that they`ll use it to their liberal advantage...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    HuffPo is about the same as Breitbart (who was included in the briefing). CBS and the NYT have as much credibility as any of the other included media outlets.

To be fair, your above statement should have said, "in your opinion"...I don`t believe for a second that any of the three are fit to be called news sources. But, (watch closely), that`s just my opinion...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To sum up.

If you like Trump, this is an unfair attack on his administration for doing something that isn't unusual at all.

If you don't like Trump, this is the most horrendous violation of the principles of the freedom of the press, fairness and openess...trending toward totalitarianism... EVER.

If you are objective, it's nothing significant at all.

#3 of course.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To be fair, your above statement should have said, "in your opinion"...I don`t believe for a second that any of the three are fit to be called news sources. But, (watch closely), that`s just my opinion...

Ok, IMO

Kut (doesn't see the significance)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Of course it didn't, nobody on the right cared.

Never mind the fact that I said "here," and I hardly consider INGO the standard bearer of mainstream conservatism....probably because Obama had both left leaning and right leaning outlets in attendance, and didn't do so to actively punish specific sources. Hell, President Obama actually held an off the record meeting solely with right leaning outlets.

Oh... IMO

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say this is nothing but abuse of position! Just because you have a press badge doesn't guarantee you an invitation to the man's office. It was not a press briefing, so they should stop with the alternative facts and move on. I would like to hear how they deficitw was reduced by $10 billion

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say this is nothing but abuse of position! Just because you have a press badge doesn't guarantee you an invitation to the man's office. It was not a press briefing, so they should stop with the alternative facts and move on. I would like to hear how they deficitw was reduced by $10 billion
    I agree with you Que. A goodly potion of the media demands to be at the center so they can continue to ask the agenda driven "Got'cha" questions. Move on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Nope, but it doesn't make Spicer any less of an hypocrite given his previous statements.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Spicer is a politician, not a reporter. Spicer's job is to tell a version of the truth, this should not be equally true of the reporters

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nope, but it doesn't make Spicer any less of an hypocrite given his previous statements.

This isn't about the people or freedom of the press, but a few reporters being salty about not being invited to be with the cool kids. Again, the president said he has reduced the deficit by $12 billion and I've seen more about the press crap than anyone telling me how in the world that reduction happened or calling him out on another tall tale.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Amazing! Trump Cuts US Debt by $12 Billion In His First Month - UPDATE: Trump Tweets Our Numbers

On January 20th, the day of the Trump Inauguration, the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. On February 21st, a month later, the US Debt load stood at $19,935 billion. Trump cut the US Debt burden by $12 billion and 0.1% in his first month in office!

By comparison, under President Obama, the US Debt burden increased by more than $200 billion in his first month in office. Obama increased the US Debt by 2% in his first month and signed the trillion dollar ‘Stimulus’ bill which is widely considered a colossal failure and waste of US tax dollars as well.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    This isn't about the people or freedom of the press, but a few reporters being salty about not being invited to be with the cool kids. Again, the president said he has reduced the deficit by $12 billion and I've seen more about the press crap than anyone telling me how in the world that reduction happened or calling him out on another tall tale.

Debt, not deficit. Reducing the debt is even better, IMO.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Most people don't know the difference between THE DEBT and THE DEFICIT. THE DEFICIT adds to THE DEBT. If you budget $1000 for new guns this year, and instead you spend $2000 like a good American...you have run a $1000 DEFICIT GUN BUDGET and increased your debt by $1000.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Most people don't know the difference between THE DEBT and THE DEFICIT. THE DEFICIT adds to THE DEBT. If you budget $1000 for new guns this year, and instead you spend $2000 like a good American...you have run a $1000 DEFICIT GUN BUDGET and increased your debt by $1000.

And the debt indirectly increases the deficit.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ok, I take his opinion into consideration, and roll back my original belief. Still, Fleisher stated that the WH "SHOULD" brief "all" the press, and that this barring of certain news outlets was "unwise." If one takes his comments, in totality" as factual then in Fleisher's opinion, the current administration is doing something it shouldn't, with the only excuse being "well, Obama did it." I thought this administration ran on "draining the swamp," and avoiding the bad actions of previous administrations?

But wait... what about the news organizations that say this is "unprecendented"... that this has never happened before? I'll bet 2-to-1 they were the beneficiaries of the Obama "selective" briefings. Doesn't this alone make them outright liars and perpetrators of FAKE NEWS.

Spicer might not be blameless here... the real question in my mind is whether or not the "pool" was the official WCHA pool or a selected list that the WH prepared. I've seen conflicting reports with Spicer indicating the short list (13) was the "pool" (which is a rotating list from the WCHA) and they added 3 organizations to the pool.

Top Bottom