• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK. The guy is Black. Light skinned girl friend. MAGA hat announcing his politics to all.

WTF is this all really about. Why does the G.D. race card have to be dealt off the bottom of the deck every time someone darker in color than I am has an issue.
    Is this KUT...???
    Is this Ingo...???
    Is this a load happy Horse ****

Lets discuss this inside the actual parameters of what happened. Unless I am missing something it was a young man and his family getting bashed by a group from the "Tolerant" left about supporting Trump.
    Is because he is of color and thinks this way. Does that feed into this...???

If this goes straight up racial the thread will be closed. For starters.

The guy was mistreated. There's no defense for what occurred to him. However, wearing MAGA hat in Miami... whew, that's probably not going to end well. As far as my personal thoughts on the individual. It baffles me that an educated POC would ever support a person who has routinely shown his disdain for POC.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    “People”? Or “person”? And are you surprised?

Well, first, "people" are reacting like the "tap dancing" thing is a racial reference.

Second, since I don't understand the reference, yes - I am surprised people are reacting like its a racial reference. :D

Look, if I squint my eyes and see it as a minstrelsy reference, then it *kinda* makes sense, but is actually an indictment of the left. I mean, here you have a guy going against the grain of what expectations are for a person of his background. Minstrelsy was all about stereotypes, portraying black people as they were expected to be.

So, the fact that the employees gave him a hard time for not "performing" as expected would make a minstrelsy reference ironic. Like, the employees were expecting him to tap dance, but he didn't.

But yeah... I can overthink things sometimes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, first, "people" are reacting like the "tap dancing" thing is a racial reference.

Second, since I don't understand the reference, yes - I am surprised people are reacting like its a racial reference. :D

Look, if I squint my eyes and see it as a minstrelsy reference, then it *kinda* makes sense, but is actually an indictment of the left. I mean, here you have a guy going against the grain of what expectations are for a person of his background. Minstrelsy was all about stereotypes, portraying black people as they were expected to be.

So, the fact that the employees gave him a hard time for not "performing" as expected would make a minstrelsy reference ironic. Like, the employees were expecting him to tap dance, but he didn't.

That was my thinking as well and hoped it could be cleared up but apparently it was above my understanding.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The guy was mistreated. There's no defense for what occurred to him. However, wearing MAGA hat in Miami... whew, that's probably not going to end well. As far as my personal thoughts on the individual. It baffles me that an educated POC would ever support a person who has routinely shown his disdain for POC.

In this I understand. And yes he was mistreated. That is what disturbs me. Not his color or culture. His treatment.

But are we not "Allowed" our own opinions. Just because he is a POC can he not see the world through his own experiences.
    I really am not understanding where all of this alleged disdain by DJT for the POC comes from. Facts and figures are showing just the opposite actually. But I digress.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Heya Kut, you know I mean this in the most friendly of terms, but... it seems to me that a POC could support Trump as the "lesser of evils" in terms of disdain for POC. There's an easy argument to be made - and HAS been made - that a couple generations of Democrat/liberal policy have viewed POC with disdain.

Granted, we don't know who this young man supported in the primaries. Trump may not even have been his "best choice." But, I can see how he might view Trump as "the best choice at the time."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Huh. I and my siblings all were very accomplished tap dancers when we were kids. Mom had us in lessons very early on. We were pretty good actually. Never ever looked at it racially. No reason to. Any one who does needs an attitude adjustment.
    Not you T just in general.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I don’t understand your reference entirely, but I saw the opening scene to blazing saddles and I think that is the same thing right?

And Kut... Why is Miami a hard place to wear a MAGA hat? What are you implying about the people of Miami? Seems bigoted :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Huh. I and my siblings all were very accomplished tap dancers when we were kids. Mom had us in lessons very early on. We were pretty good actually. Never ever looked at it racially. No reason to. Any one who does needs an attitude adjustment.

No worries. I think its a generational thing.

I didn't have to, but my grandfather (pretty tough guy in his own right) wanted us to get tap dance/soft shoe lessons. He and his brothers all boxed when they were young, and along with their sisters were also minor vaudeville performers. Back then, the 2 talents could co-exist.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don’t understand your reference entirely, but I saw the opening scene to blazing saddles and I think that is the same thing right?

And Kut... Why is Miami a hard place to wear a MAGA hat? What are you implying about the people of Miami? Seems bigoted :dunno:

Have you been to Miami? :D

It is bigoted - against conservatives.

Re-watch The Birdcage with Robin Williams and Gene Hackman. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

You're going to have to prove this via demonstration, sir.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Come on now, I got his reference. It was a slam against the guy for not towing the line.
    He feels the same way about Diamond and Silk.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    how-long-can-this-go-on-lyric-1.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Come on now, I got his reference. It was a slam against the guy for not towing the line.
    He feels the same way about Diamond and Silk.

Kut may be many things (to many people), but slamming someone just for "not towing the line" isn't like him.

Heck, he doesn't often "tow the line" himself, IMHO. ;)

Rather, I wonder if people are attributing to him a belief that he doesn't have, only because they expect him (Kut) to have that belief.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kut may be many things (to many people), but slamming someone just for "not towing the line" isn't like him.

Heck, he doesn't often "tow the line" himself, IMHO. ;)

Rather, I wonder if people are attributing to him a belief that he doesn't have, only because they expect him (Kut) to have that belief.

Did you read what he wrote himself? Did you read his Diamond and Silk comments?

... As far as my personal thoughts on the individual. It baffles me that an educated POC would ever support a person who has routinely shown his disdain for POC.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did you read what he wrote himself? Did you read his Diamond and Silk comments?

I can't remember if I read the Diamond and Silk comments.

Given Trump's statements and actions in his lifetime - and, frankly, some attributes of his generation - I can understand why a POC would be baffled that another POC would support Trump.

I take a more individualized approach, in the sense that I'm not baffled by either reaction. Each person can (and should) make up their own mind.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can't remember if I read the Diamond and Silk comments.

Given Trump's statements and actions in his lifetime - and, frankly, some attributes of his generation - I can understand why a POC would be baffled that another POC would support Trump.

I take a more individualized approach, in the sense that I'm not baffled by either reaction. Each person can (and should) make up their own mind.

Right!?

A POC “should” be able to make up their own mind about who they support and not be labeled for going against the “mainstream thought process” of other POC. There is a term for this, it involves getting off the something something... but since we are tap dancing...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Have you been to Miami? :D

It is bigoted - against conservatives.

Re-watch The Birdcage with Robin Williams and Gene Hackman. :D

Yeah I was there. Was eating at a sidewalk table when a bunch of school kids ran by in uniform laughing. About 10s later a homeless appearing guy was hobbling after them yelling and swinging a chain.

watched a lady keep falling on the beach because she was too drunk to stand. Our VRBO was a bait and switch and they never told us they switched rooms and we got a non-beach view and a non-working hottub. Took me three days to get my money back.

the only thing that impressed me about Miami was this one place called the Naked Taco or something like that. Mmmm...

Naked Taco Miami

well I shouldn’t say that. Every uber driver was cool and had a neat story about their lives

Top Bottom