• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok. That still doesn't make sense for this guy.

I mean, Trump's been described as many things, but "non-threatening" is not one. Wearing MAGA gear, in Miami, as you note, carries with it a certain... challenge. It seems like that gear, in that environment is begging to NOT be accepted.

This sounds a lot like saying a rape victim was "just asking for it" by wearing revealing clothes.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This sounds a lot like saying a rape victim was "just asking for it" by wearing revealing clothes.

That's your analogy, not mine.

More like the sign John McClane has to wear in the beginning of Die Hard 3.

Or any time an OCer gets asked/confronted about carrying.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So do you think he is actually a Trump supporter, or do you think it was just for show?

That's would be difficult to really find out. As in my experience, people buy into things simply to be better accepted, and then become full fledged adherents.
    I'll give you an concerning what I mean as acceptance. My fraternity is a historically (not exclusively) black one. We had a really good rep around campus, in terms of parties, and style. Not a whole lot of people knew the other stuff we did. Tutoring, mowing old ladies' yards, volunteering at soup kitchens. Every once in a while, we'd have a white guy express interest and he'd be given an interview. When interview day showed up, these guys (compared to the black and latino interviewees) would be in hood club clothes, wearing baseball caps, tennis shoes, etc. When we got to the interview, and they were asked what they knew about our fraternity... it was always something along the lines of "you guys run hos, have the best parties, blah, blah, blah." Needless to say, they weren't ever picked. Even more frustrating, was that those guys weren't who they tried to portray to us. You could catch them at other places wearing khakis and polos. These guys presented an image to us (tap dancing) that they thought we would respect. We didn't. There was only one white guy who joined my fraternity while I was there, and he came to the interview in a suit, had done his research, had good grades, and wasn't trying to be something he was not. I think he was the third member of my chapter to ever have a unanimous vote.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    (As a total aside, at IU I was the only white guy in a small stepping group. But, it was the late 80s, so things were more fluid back then.)

My point is, you appear to assume the worst in this guy - that it is a show. When, in reality, he may have genuinely come to his Trump support. (Well, to me, that's the same as saying he was tricked by Trump, just like almost every other Trump supporter, but you get what I mean.)

Might as well call him an Uncle Tom, eh?

I think the better course is to take him at face value. He is what he says he is.

Along those same lines, are we sure the gf's family are Trump supporters? How wild would that be, if it was actually an effort to get under their skin. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    (As a total aside, at IU I was the only white guy in a small stepping group. But, it was the late 80s, so things were more fluid back then.)

My point is, you appear to assume the worst in this guy - that it is a show. When, in reality, he may have genuinely come to his Trump support. (Well, to me, that's the same as saying he was tricked by Trump, just like almost every other Trump supporter, but you get what I mean.)

Might as well call him an Uncle Tom, eh?

I think the better course is to take him at face value. He is what he says he is.

Along those same lines, are we sure the gf's family are Trump supporters? How wild would that be, if it was actually an effort to get under their skin. :)

You can step? That pretty funny. We used to teach the NPC sororities and fraternities how to step, and they put on actual shows called "Sham Jams." The were actually pretty good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Every time I watch that, it reminds me that it's perhaps the most frightening, horrifying, nightmarish, terrifying scene in cinematic history. No so-called "horror movie" even comes close to that.

It's only nightmarish if you treat the server that way.
    She was pretty *****y.

Did you see the scoreboard? Women-30, men-3.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's only nightmarish if you treat the server that way.
    She was pretty *****y.

Did you see the scoreboard? Women-30, men-3.

Well, it's more likely if you behave badly. There will be people who will do things like that to you just because they're having a bad day, or you remind them of someone you don't like, or they just feel like it. I'd rather have them try to stab or shoot me - at least then you know what's happening!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, it's more likely if you behave badly. There will be people who will do things like that to you just because they're having a bad day, or you remind them of someone you don't like, or they just feel like it. I'd rather have them try to stab or shoot me - at least then you know what's happening!

Just don't get a liter of cola while in police uniform.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You can step? That pretty funny. We used to teach the NPC sororities and fraternities how to step, and they put on actual shows called "Sham Jams." The were actually pretty good.

It helped that I'm naturally inclined to 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3. ;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    cheese.jpg

Here he is with his girlfriend. Don't know if she's a POC or not, she looks vaguely Hispanic or something. Therefore, I have no idea how she thinks. :):

If I was him I'd wear any damn thing to please that girl...I'll tell you this...He ain't faking that grin.......

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I see a lot of teeth....

He looks very happy.

If he ever gets tired of being harassed for his views in liberal Miami, he could always move up here.
    Maybe get a job as a cop in a rich, mostly white suburb of Indy or something.
    Not sure which departments require tap dancing as a part of the selection process.

:):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He looks very happy.

If he ever gets tired of being harassed for his views in liberal Miami, he could always move up here.
    Maybe get a job as a cop in a rich, mostly white suburb of Indy or something.
    Not sure which departments require tap dancing as a part of the selection process.

:):

Triggered? Lol. I'll let this one slide. But let's note that I didn't direct a criticism towards another member. That's your heads up.

Top Bottom