• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I'm glad my gun would fall out of my holster if the trigger was that close to being exposed. I would never buy such a holster that barely covers the trigger assembly.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I agree safety is important, and thanks for the link, but I will pass on that Saf-T-Blok

I agree, I don't think the Glock needs a aftermarket safety device. I have never tried one of these Saf T Blok's. Im not endorsing the device; I see the potential for it actually being the cause of an accident if while removing the device you were to pull the trigger and I don't want an extra step in the deployment of my weapon. I do think for those that feel the need for an extra aftermarket safety this might be the best choice I know of.

So lets be clear for a gun with no external safety like a Glock or Kahr (I carry both of these) an aftermarket safety is not necessary, better you get a really good holster that covers the trigger and maintain the holster.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Well the Glock internal safety did work perfectly, the gun only went off when the trigger was pulled. Glad he's not more seriously hurt, good reminder that just because you've done something hundreds of times (in this case holstering a gun) is no excuse to get complacent.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It was a faulty holster, no doubt about it. Probably not by design, but it looked like it had gotten pretty warn. Once leather gets THAT soft, I would've thrown it off or relegated it to "BB-Gun-Only" status at that point.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    One of the sites discussing this article pointed out that it appears to be a left handed holster, worn right handed.. so it was worn inside the belt. Not sure if this would add to the problem, but with that shallow of a holster, I am thinking it might...

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My wife was not happy till I got her a leather holster. I showed her the pics from this post and it was a good learning experience for her. Sorry for the dude who had the AD, but glad she got to see it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Excellent OP.

Hits the nail right on the head.

And this is coming from a "Mall ninja AIWB level 8" 1911 carrier :)

Frankly, I wouldnt dream of carrying this way with a Glock. But thats just me. I like the "CLICK" of a manual safety protecting my nads.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Seems to me that the backstrap saftey on the xd series seems like a great idea now

How so? As you push the pistol into the holster it would have still engaged the trigger.

The point here is it is a worn out holster. Not because it's a glock or anything else.

On a side note I was taught to ride my thumb on the hammer as you re-holster a da/sa gun. That will tell you if you have anything caught in the trigger guard while you put it in the holster.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    One of the sites discussing this article pointed out that it appears to be a left handed holster, worn right handed.. so it was worn inside the belt. Not sure if this would add to the problem, but with that shallow of a holster, I am thinking it might...
    I thought I was dreaming when I saw that! I thought maybe an image got flipped.

Top Bottom