• Status
    Not open for further replies.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I'm sorry this happened in your child's school.

Early teens and often older teens lack maturity to make critical life changing decisions. That is why they have guardians and people of authority supervising them.

When we start holding the people in charge of supervising our youth responsible for the harmful actions of those youths, these school shootings will end.

Sorry, I don't follow you?

Please give an example.

Indiana laws that deal with accessory charges in crimes do not apply to misdemeanors only to felonies.

Facts in the Noblesville shooting have yet to be made public and may never be made public if the 13 yr. old is never charged.

Indiana law does not permit individuals age 13 and below to be charged as adults Except for Murder. ie. not attempted murder.

We may never have the necessary facts to see if anyone should be charged as an accessory here even though there were multiple felonies.

I hope we learn more. My wife has worked in a Hamilton County school for 35 years and my grand-daughter was in school just miles from that shooting.

So my concern is personal and close.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I can't begin to fathom how a 13yo got to the point of wanting to kill many others, nor how we had access to guns without having the right training and mindset. But having gone to school when one could see shotguns in the back windows of pickup trucks, it troubles me to hear all the talk about "hardening" schools. Turning schools into fortresses will teach kids that someone else is always responsible for their safety and that it's OK for the "authorities" to search everyone at any and all times. We already have way too many sheep who are willing to submit to a full-body search just to attend a ball game - do we want to train an entire generation to accept such treatment without question?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    it troubles me to hear all the talk about "hardening" schools. Turning schools into fortresses will teach kids that someone else is always responsible for their safety and that it's OK for the "authorities" to search everyone at any and all times. We already have way too many sheep who are willing to submit to a full-body search just to attend a ball game - do we want to train an entire generation to accept such treatment without question?

Amen!

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Once again, sorry to say this so bluntly. Hardening Every School is the ONE simple way to start the process of protecting kids.

@LP have you been on an airplane, to a colts or pacers game? Had any business @ city-county building, gone into a bank? paid your electric bill at 21st & Illinois?

It saddens me to read such non-sense that somebody might be offended by limiting entry and exit of schools and using metal detectors to secure kids.

Wake up. Were you around when the planes hit the world trade towers? Born when Columbine HS, Littleton, Co.?

EVIL is where it is. FACE IT and Accept that we must do things smarter.

Even Sandy Hook, the guy shot through the doors to gain entry, so we can't stop with just entry and exit. Armed security, teachers volunteers or School Adm.

Because, liberals like the clowns and criminals running Broward Co. Sheriff & Broward Co. Schools just gambled with kids lives and lost big time.

Those clowns still have their jobs? Israel & Rumpsey. Florida gov. too afraid to fire them since an election year.

So sad it has reached so close to home. And make no doubt, hardening our schools should be plan one.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    There is nothing that is a simple and complete answer. I think hardening schools is a terrible idea. Schools already feel kind of like prisons with their ever-increasing rules. And an entry line with a metal detector just creates a new soft area as well as a place to be stuck in the rain.

Armed guards are an OK idea, but with a small number of each in school ... how long before a school shooter targets them first? My kids' high school has had armed security officers for years. When we were fairly new to the school, I wanted to ask one of them for directions. He was talking to one of the other guards, so absorbed in their conversation I had to jump up and down to get either one to look at me. I'm not saying they are all like that; I'm just saying you can't stay in the orange zone all the time. Can you even stay in "yellow" when you are working around a bunch of kids? Should you? I'm fine with having them but I don't think they are a solution.

The fastest thing to implement, with almost no cost and somewhat effective would be removing the gun-free zone status. Then the shooter does not know who is armed. It might be their teacher. It might be the janitor. It might be the parent dropping something off at school. Even this would not be an absolute solution. The biggest school killing ever was someone who set up explosives in the 1930s, as I recall. But it's a darn rational deterrent. Good luck getting it in effect anywhere other than maybe a few rural schools.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    There is nothing that is a simple and complete answer. I think hardening schools is a terrible idea. Schools already feel kind of like prisons with their ever-increasing rules. And an entry line with a metal detector just creates a new soft area as well as a place to be stuck in the rain.

Armed guards are an OK idea, but with a small number of each in school ... how long before a school shooter targets them first? My kids' high school has had armed security officers for years. When we were fairly new to the school, I wanted to ask one of them for directions. He was talking to one of the other guards, so absorbed in their conversation I had to jump up and down to get either one to look at me. I'm not saying they are all like that; I'm just saying you can't stay in the orange zone all the time. Can you even stay in "yellow" when you are working around a bunch of kids? Should you? I'm fine with having them but I don't think they are a solution.

The fastest thing to implement, with almost no cost and somewhat effective would be removing the gun-free zone status. Then the shooter does not know who is armed. It might be their teacher. It might be the janitor. It might be the parent dropping something off at school. Even this would not be an absolute solution. The biggest school killing ever was someone who set up explosives in the 1930s, as I recall. But it's a darn rational deterrent. Good luck getting it in effect anywhere other than maybe a few rural schools.
    Amen!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just to add one more zone that will be unprotected once the schools are more secure than a nuclear missile silo, school buses. I pray it doesn't happen but it would not surprise me to hear some kid who knew he couldn't get his firearm into the school just starts shooting in the bus on the way to, or on the way home.

Guards at the door, metal detectors in the one main entrance, alarms on the other "emergency" exits, cameras everywhere. Welcome to the old Soviet Union.

And no, I don't have an answer other than no more "gun free" zones. Train teachers and any other school official (including janitors and food servers) on use of firearms in very closed quarters. Make kids think twice about going to their locker to get the pistol they sneaked in, or left under a planter by one of the emergency exits for later retrieval.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the "parents" of this youth could be charged with aiding/abetting (or something like that - IANAL) a crime, it might have never happened.

We are not allowed to know people involved in this case :rolleyes:.
    Maybe in others, law enforcement, school authorities and anyone else that witness and ignore known indicators of potential school violence should be subject to being held accountable for their inaction? Let alone providing access to weapons?

If we start forcing people to do their jobs, guess what? They'll do them.

Let's stop this :poop: before it comes to school! Then we won't have to worry about how much of a fortress our schools need to be. Or how much false sense of security comes with it.

In the meantime, we'll just sit around and wait for the next school shooting. AND for the other half of the country to successfully continue to turn school shootings into a gun control issue, polluting the next generation who could well bring an end to The Second Amendment. :twocents:

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Once again, sorry to say this so bluntly. Hardening Every School is the ONE simple way to start the process of protecting kids.

@LP have you been on an airplane, to a colts or pacers game? Had any business @ city-county building, gone into a bank? paid your electric bill at 21st & Illinois?

It saddens me to read such non-sense that somebody might be offended by limiting entry and exit of schools and using metal detectors to secure kids.

Wake up. Were you around when the planes hit the world trade towers? Born when Columbine HS, Littleton, Co.?

EVIL is where it is. FACE IT and Accept that we must do things smarter.

Even Sandy Hook, the guy shot through the doors to gain entry, so we can't stop with just entry and exit. Armed security, teachers volunteers or School Adm.

Because, liberals like the clowns and criminals running Broward Co. Sheriff & Broward Co. Schools just gambled with kids lives and lost big time.

Those clowns still have their jobs? Israel & Rumpsey. Florida gov. too afraid to fire them since an election year.

So sad it has reached so close to home. And make no doubt, hardening our schools should be plan one.

To the extent that it's possible, I avoid airport security, game security, etc. Not totally possible, but I give as little support as possible to those events.

9/11? We saw what happened on the one flight where people knew what was going on - imagine what might have happened if the passengers had been better able to defend themselves. Columbine, etc.? Where were the people who saw the warning signs? Where were the parents?

It's a complex issue, and I don't have all the answers. However, I stand by my assertion that we need to stop sliding down the slope of subjecting ourselves to the totalitarian servitude of being searched and wanded everywhere we go. You are the one who needs to wake up to this trend.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It would be interesting to see if the police were ever called out to address the attempted murderer in the past, how frequently, how many times, and how recently.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't begin to fathom how a 13yo got to the point of wanting to kill many others, nor how we had access to guns without having the right training and mindset. But having gone to school when one could see shotguns in the back windows of pickup trucks, it troubles me to hear all the talk about "hardening" schools. Turning schools into fortresses will teach kids that someone else is always responsible for their safety and that it's OK for the "authorities" to search everyone at any and all times. We already have way too many sheep who are willing to submit to a full-body search just to attend a ball game - do we want to train an entire generation to accept such treatment without question?

So many answers to your concerns start at home. That pretty much covers this.

As to schools, that we have to harden them is a sign of the times. People refuse to face issues head on anymore.It is always up to someone else.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    It would be interesting to see if the police were ever called out to address the attempted murderer in the past, how frequently, how many times, and how recently.

I've read conflicting reports. Some neighbors say that police were called for reports of that child walking around pointing an airgun, but police have said they have no record of dealing with that person. Insufficient information.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    But they will still let this defective spawn live to breath our air, possibly free someday.
    That's what makes me sick. Doctors preaching how they can always fix them. :xmad:

Right. They had to take Lego blocks away from him at the Juvi Detention Center, for making a gun with them. He'll obviously be fixed real soon, and ready to co-exist with others!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...The boy's mother testified that there are guns in the home, including the two handguns that the boy brought to school. She said the gun safe is in the basement, near where the boy plays first-person shooter games. Prosecutors showed photos of the safe with the keys hanging out of the lock.

The boy's mother said his father taught him about gun safety, and said they are responsible gun owners.

An investigator testified that the boy's internet search history included the terms: "Columbine," "Sandy Hook," "school shooting memes," "what was the largest mass shooting in America," and "Noblesville West Middle School blueprint"...

:xmad: Are these "parents" in jail?

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    My daughter and I tried to sit in on today's sentencing. Too many people lined up 40 minutes before start time. We were about 10 people too late. Daughter knows both the shooter and the victims. Next session is next Wednesday I think. We will try to be earlier. We are in a few of the pics in this article. The sheriff pictured in the green is my neighbors kid.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom