• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is one's oath to defend the Constitution constrained by State boundaries?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    iF nOT fOR tHE 2ND aMENDMENT tHE vIRGINIA nATIONAL gUARD cOULDN'T hAVE aRMS bCAUSE tHAT'S wHAT iTS FOR, aRMING tHE mILITARY -- The logical conclusion of many antis if they actually applied their version of logic. Edit: reverse-title case used because purple just wasn't enough.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's also constrained by their feelings, corny interruptions, and any excuse they can muster to not have to honor that oath.
    My point is it seems to me that the oath to uphold and defend the United States Constitution should transcend State boundaries.

Now whether one chooses to do so or not is up to them.

Btw.. just to be clear I’m not advocating for any specific action.

I just presented the question for conversation sake.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's also constrained by their feelings, corny interruptions, and any excuse they can muster to not have to honor that oath.

Well im not travelling when I believe virginians have this well in hand. If anyone wants to question my commitment to my Oath we can sit down and compare scars any day over some beers. I take it seriously and I won't back down or make excuses if the republic needs me again period.
    IF they do not want to have their guns taken then they have the ability to keep it from happening. It is impossible for the govt to win these fights. Impossible unless the people lay down and allow it to happen. Obviously so far virginians arent laying down.
    I dont care if the governor had every member of law enforcement of his state willing to go along with his treason, they wouldn't prevail. They do not have the numbers period.
    But thank God Almighty there are Good Men and Women in Virginia Law Enforcement who will never go along with this tyranny

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So were is the all outrage over CA,MA,NJ,NY,IL and other crazy states.

States can do what they want if the people vote for the lawmakers and then the lawmakers pass laws, I thought that’s how this republic worked?
    The people of rural VA have been outnumbered at the ballot box by Democrats it seems to me that VA had this problem before?

If the natural rights stuff worked abortion would not be the law of the land.
    Elitist and coastal people do not have the same values as we do and the numbers are not on our side with the proxy immigration.

Brad, the Va gov't has all but declared war on its people. This was no accident, and not due to simply being outnumbered. Bloomberg funneled millions into the state to buy the election. This is people righting a wrong, and protecting everyone's rights. If they gain a foothold and bring this off in Va, other states will follow. They must be stopped, and doing it peacefully must take precedence.

INGO has very specific rules against fomenting rebellion, esp doing so armed. One thing that neither Fenway nor any of the staff really ever thought about with that was when the gov't rebels against the people, hijacking their government and their home. In *MY* mind, not speaking as a mod but as a man, a patriot, it's a different thing when you're working to restore your government, not to rebel against it. Nonetheless, as a mod, I will support and if necessary enforce the rule here. Liberty Sanders did come and ask before posting this, we (the staff) discussed it, and we agreed that the people here needed to know what was going on to preserve Va's position as a state, not become "Bloombergia". If they're going to do that with a march and peaceful protest, that is 100% acceptable, and if our people want to go support that, we're supportive of that effort. That's where INGO's involvement ends. You're right, though, that with the immigration (and invasion) going on at the borders, the numbers work against us. We, Hoosiers, may not have a vote in Va, but we can show and add to the numbers in the crowd. That would be acting as citizens, supporting our fellow Americans.

Are the rural people actually outnumbered or did they just stay home? Two different mistakes in my book. If the numbers are there I believe they have every right to ask their reps to rep them. And it looks like the numbers are there, according to the VCDL map of sanctuary counties and cities.

I honestly don't think outsiders need to show up in VA for this to be stopped and for me to win my cheeseburger bet. (ok the nra showing up is the fly in the ointment here)

I am completely with you on the outrage over the other states. If the lines were drawn differently (more lines) to define "rural" and "elite" jurisdictions the elite's would turn into cesspools pretty quick and I think the elites know this, they can't survive without the rest of the state.

As I said, this is less about rural people staying home or not voting, and more about the cash used to buy the election. I don't believe the gov't is legitimate, mostly because of how quickly they're acting against guns.. I think that they're hoping to get it heard, passed, and implemented before the Right can organize a means to prevent it, hoping to steal the guns from the people with a minimal political fight.

I also think they've bitten off far more than they can chew, and I hope they choke on it. I will not be performing any Heimlich maneuvers there.

Blessings,
    Bill

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So we condemn people that don’t except the results of election like the Democratic Party does to President DJT.

Then we resist the results of a state election because we disagree with the results?

IMO a non resident of a state has no business in intrastate politics.

God-given right > constitutional right > state's rights. Better to stop them over there than fight them here. They need to see we won't go quietly

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    God-given right > constitutional right > state's rights. Better to stop them over there than fight them here. They need to see we won't go quietly

Agree. If we allow one state to do it, it eventually becomes 2. Then 3. Then it’s on our doorstep and becomes a much harder issue to fight. This is how they win. Disarming one state at a time until the remaining states have no backup. We are the United States, we must stay united.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So were is the all outrage over CA,MA,NJ,NY,IL and other crazy states.

States can do what they want if the people vote for the lawmakers and then the lawmakers pass laws, I thought that’s how this republic worked?
    The people of rural VA have been outnumbered at the ballot box by Democrats it seems to me that VA had this problem before?

If the natural rights stuff worked abortion would not be the law of the land.
    Elitist and coastal people do not have the same values as we do and the numbers are not on our side with the proxy immigration.

Time to create the state of Central Virginia, the same way West Virginia was created

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So we condemn people that don’t except the results of election like the Democratic Party does to President DJT.

Then we resist the results of a state election because we disagree with the results?

IMO a non resident of a state has no business in intrastate politics.

It isn’t resisting the results of the election. They can live with their stupid results. It’s resisting unconstitutional laws... much in the same way if one state legalized slavery, we wouldn’t allow it just because it’s their state and not ours, we would fight it because it’s peoples freedoms being taken away.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are the rural people actually outnumbered or did they just stay home? Two different mistakes in my book. If the numbers are there I believe they have every right to ask their reps to rep them. And it looks like the numbers are there, according to the VCDL map of sanctuary counties and cities.

I honestly don't think outsiders need to show up in VA for this to be stopped and for me to win my cheeseburger bet. (ok the nra showing up is the fly in the ointment here)

I am completely with you on the outrage over the other states. If the lines were drawn differently (more lines) to define "rural" and "elite" jurisdictions the elite's would turn into cesspools pretty quick and I think the elites know this, they can't survive without the rest of the state.

Less than 3/5s of Virginians (59.5% of eligible voters) bothered to vote in 2018. And lets not forget that McCauliff gave 200000 convicted felons the vote. That's 3.5% of those eligible to vote or nearly 6% of the actual vote. They would be OK with restrictions on law-abiding gun owners. Just makes for softer targets

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The proposed laws are not different than the ones in place in NY and they are not considered unconstitutional. Most of the uproar is over proposed drafts that will never see the light of day. The actual laws will be a mirror of the NY SAFE laws that have already met the test of being considered constitutional for many years.

A sea of people showing up at the capital is not as powerful as if the people had actually voted. The people that voted the Democrats into power are not pro gun and probably don’t really care what a bunch of hill people think?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The proposed laws are not different than the ones in place in NY and they are not considered unconstitutional. Most of the uproar is over proposed drafts that will never see the light of day. The actual laws will be a mirror of the NY SAFE laws that have already met the test of being considered constitutional for many years.

A sea of people showing up at the capital is not as powerful as if the people had actually voted. The people that voted the Democrats into power are not pro gun and probably don’t really care what a bunch of hill people think?

They probably will care when they see the response to it.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Agree. If we allow one state to do it, it eventually becomes 2. Then 3. Then it’s on our doorstep and becomes a much harder issue to fight. This is how they win. Disarming one state at a time until the remaining states have no backup. We are the United States, we must stay united.

Why the outrage now after the decades of draconian laws being passed in many other states besides Virginia?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why the outrage now after the decades of draconian laws being passed in many other states besides Virginia?

Did they actively use law enforcement to take away peoples firearms?

Im against those states also, but until they state they’re going to actively round up their citizens firearms they’re just writing **** on paper. When they begin speaking of confiscation I’ll be just as outraged.

What depresses me is how so many of us seem to justify their actions because other states have anti gun laws. This isn’t banning magazine capacities. This is a desire and open and public desire to confiscate firearms from citizens. The question is, why aren’t you outraged?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Did they actively use law enforcement to take away peoples firearms?

Im against those states also, but until they state they’re going to actively round up their citizens firearms they’re just writing **** on paper. When they begin speaking of confiscation I’ll be just as outraged.

What depresses me is how so many of us seem to justify their actions because other states have anti gun laws. This isn’t banning magazine capacities. This is a desire and open and public desire to confiscate firearms from citizens. The question is, why aren’t you outraged?

Why yes, I grewup in Montgomery co Md and they have been taking friarms from folks that they dont feel fit for two decades now, with no due process...
    I have had a best friends firearms for well over 10 years now over a neighbor of his....
    I never stated I agreed with what was happening, and I am outraged.
    In my life Md has added a 7 day wait for cetain firearms, banned 80+ firearms, has never been shall issue, one regulated firearm per month, handgun qualification card, 10 rd mag limit, 5 lb smokless powder per dwelling, handgun / longgun review board and whateve i missed.
    Ive done my share of podium time in Md's Statehouse stating my opinion for 35 years.
    I moved over Marylands laws and taxes.

I just find it ironic that so many are upset over VA.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why yes, I grewup in Montgomery co Md and they have been taking friarms from folks that they dont feel fit for two decades now, with no due process...
    I have had a best friends firearms for well over 10 years now over a neighbor of his....
    In my life Md has added a 7 day wait for cetain firearms, banned 80+ firearms, has never been shall issue, one regulated firearm per month, handgun qualification card, 10 rd mag limit, 5 lb smokless powder per dwelling, handgun / longgun review board and whateve i missed.
    Ive done my share of podium time in Md's Statehouse stating my opinion for 35 years.

Again, those are anti gun laws. Not mass confiscation of citizens firearms. Do I like it? Not at all. I think the SCOTUS has done a horrible job at allowing these laws to be passed. But it is a big difference from door to door confiscation

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Did Maryland senators imply they would be willing to use nuclear weapons against the public, and also declare that they would be using the national guard to enforce the law?

That's kind of a big difference that you're missing.

On one side you have laws that you can ignore, like any American would. On the other you have tyrants threatening literal military invasion of your home.

Top Bottom