• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    A call to arms for the great unwashed horde of bearded men!

Against what?

Half the proposed bills didn’t make it past the committee process just like sane people said they wouldn’t.

So the people that didn’t show up to vote are gonna show up packing arms ?

Some of the counties in VA might wanna stop getting all Antifa over things that are internet rumors and get back to work.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    A call to arms for the great unwashed horde of bearded men!

Against what?

Half the proposed bills didn’t make it past the committee process just like sane people said they wouldn’t.

So the people that didn’t show up to vote are gonna show up packing arms ?

Some of the counties in VA might wanna stop getting all Antifa over things that are internet rumors and get back to work.
    My previous post show the bills that are out of committee and going to the legislature.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Northam has now stated he will ban open carry on his own authority by executive order.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ralph-northam-virginia-capitol-gun-ban_n_5e1e7d8cc5b673621f6d5301[/FONT]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    A temporary Emergency ban for the capital due to the impact of 100,000 armed people many from out of state arriving Monday. Main threat is many “book of faces and tweety” post talking about violence from wackos on the right.

I doubt 5,000 bearded saviors show up but if one has a AD/ND or any kind of shooting or violent action will set the pro 2AD movement back years.
    Be careful what you ask for and who you associate with they may have another agenda.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rtham-may-ban-guns-richmond-rally/4431532002/

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A temporary Emergency ban for the capital due to the impact of 100,000 armed people many from out of state arriving Monday. Main threat is many “book of faces and tweety” post talking about violence from wackos on the right.

I doubt 5,000 bearded saviors show up but if one has a AD/ND or any kind of shooting or violent action will set the pro 2AD movement back years.
    Be careful what you ask for and who you associate with they may have another agenda.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rtham-may-ban-guns-richmond-rally/4431532002/

Let's assume that only 1,000 openly armed citizens show up. How does Northam expect his executive order to be enforced? Will he ask capitol police to disarm and arrest them? Issue citations?

I hope he does push through a ban by executive order and it's openly ignored. Why should it be any different than any other gun control law? What better way to demonstrate to the average person that arbitrary laws do nothing to actually stop people from carrying guns.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Whos side are you on? Because it sure doesn't sound like you are on your fellow citizens side. Any chance you get to put regular people down you do it. But you'll sure take those freedom freebies wont you? People are standing up. Regular people. They have courage to do what is right. The men who left their normal lives to fight the British army were not professional soldiers but they sure did get the job done didnt they? Minds and skills can be sharpened. Courage cannot be taught. You are born with it or you aren't

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why yes, I grewup in Montgomery co Md and they have been taking friarms from folks that they dont feel fit for two decades now, with no due process...
    I have had a best friends firearms for well over 10 years now over a neighbor of his....
    I never stated I agreed with what was happening, and I am outraged.
    In my life Md has added a 7 day wait for cetain firearms, banned 80+ firearms, has never been shall issue, one regulated firearm per month, handgun qualification card, 10 rd mag limit, 5 lb smokless powder per dwelling, handgun / longgun review board and whateve i missed.
    Ive done my share of podium time in Md's Statehouse stating my opinion for 35 years.
    I moved over Marylands laws and taxes.

I just find it ironic that so many are upset over VA.

So tell me, why now? Why with VA? New York's anti laws didnt cross the line?
    Or NJ's or Md's?
    With all of the anti gun laws passed in states within the last 25 years why now?
    And the guy whos asking has spent many days in his life at Marylands Statehouse speaking his mind.....

According to Jared at Guns & Gadgets, you guys are about to have the same problem as the guys in VA. Seems one of your state legislators has pre-filed most of the same bills that have been presented in VA.

It will not pass any year soon, but that is the direction we are heading.

For CP.

[video=youtube;DQQN_79QrDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQQN_79QrDY[/video]

I get your argument. I counter with we have to stop it's advance, then, hopefully we can reverse the damage.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am on the side of common sense this outrage because people didn’t vote is no different than the TDS the Democrats are suffering. If all the armed people show up and one incident happens the MSM will slant the story and it will not bode well for the real 2AD side.

The Democratic government in VA is no different than the ones in CT,NY,IL,NY and others all the foot stomping and temper tantrums in the world is not gonna change the election. Regular people do not typically protest real jobs and normal lives seem to get in the way of protesting. If the laws are unconstitutional they will be taken to court and not implemented standing up after the fact doesn’t accomplish anything.

I do enjoy the freedom freebies that the great thing about America I don’t have to do anything and still get them lord knows I never have sacrificed anything for them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...al-gun-control-bills-through-senate-committee

Long lines filed outside the Virginia General Assembly and hundreds of NRA gun rights activists flooded the State Capitol on the same day that the state's Democratic senators passed a number of gun control bills in a committee.
    Every gun control bill passed the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday, except the most controversial one. Democratic state Sen. Dick Saslaw's proposed Senate Bill 16 prohibiting "any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm" was struck from the docket early in the morning.
    Democrats in the House of Delegates will instead focus on House Bill 961, a slightly weaker bill with similar language, that would allow Virginians to keep their assault rifles if they register ownership with the Virginia State Police.
    Senate Bill 240, a controversial red flag law allowing courts to remove guns from Virginia citizens if they are deemed to be a "substantial risk," passed through the committee with a vote of 9 to 5. Members voted along party lines to combine Senate Bills 22 and 69, which would mandate that Virginians can only buy "one gun a month."

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Aren't you the guy who also posted in favor of red flag laws?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am on the side of common sense this outrage because people didn’t vote is no different than the TDS the Democrats are suffering. If all the armed people show up and one incident happens the MSM will slant the story and it will not bode well for the real 2AD side.

The Democratic government in VA is no different than the ones in CT,NY,IL,NY and others all the foot stomping and temper tantrums in the world is not gonna change the election. Regular people do not typically protest real jobs and normal lives seem to get in the way of protesting. If the laws are unconstitutional they will be taken to court and not implemented standing up after the fact doesn’t accomplish anything.

I do enjoy the freedom freebies that the great thing about America I don’t have to do anything and still get them lord knows I never have sacrificed anything for them.

No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united Cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

I hope the protest is big enough that it scares the living **** out of petty tyrants like Northam and his ilk. If they're scared somebody might kill them to water that tree, fine. They should be scared

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's assume that only 1,000 openly armed citizens show up. How does Northam expect his executive order to be enforced? Will he ask capitol police to disarm and arrest them? Issue citations?

I hope he does push through a ban by executive order and it's openly ignored. Why should it be any different than any other gun control law? What better way to demonstrate to the average person that arbitrary laws do nothing to actually stop people from carrying guns.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were disarmed, or attempted to, under threat of arrest. The undoubted pushback by armed persons, would certainly help the anti-gun narrative. Best hope is that LE tasked to do that would say "I'm not paid enough to do that ****."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were disarmed, or attempted to, under threat of arrest. The undoubted pushback by armed persons, would certainly help the anti-gun narrative. Best hope is that LE tasked to do that would say "I'm not paid enough to do that ****."

Best hope is that LE tasked to do that would say "I'm not going to betray my oath."

Top Bottom