• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wow! I got one of his Warhawks too and have put some solid chops on some wood in my yard. So far, so good.

IIRC he torch heats and oil tempers the steel. He sounds like a good guy. I'll subscribe to hear how it goes with the warranty.

This is a good reminder to wear your eye protection too!

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    that is a jk belt hawk and it's a beast. It was a favorite among all 3 of us out there.

I read 2hawks website and all their hawks are cast heads. I'm not sure how that effects strength but I'm guessing they are not as tough.

Grunt , where does it say the heads are casts.?? All i see is made of 6150 spring steel..

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    charlie2 I can't find it now but I swear it was on there. from looking at the broken hawk they are definitely cast. you can tell from all the air bubbles and the strange color to it.

army bratt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    north side evansville
    You know that the republican party abandonded the concervative movement a long time ago! As soon as the big money started to move in the values seemed to change , sound familure? The republican party dosent define the concervatives any longer and they seem to be in the pockets of the PACs. The TEA party reflects the views of the concertive base. They can be trusted. This is a stretch from the norm i guess?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    You know that the republican party abandonded the concervative movement a long time ago! As soon as the big money started to move in the values seemed to change , sound familure? The republican party dosent define the concervatives any longer and they seem to be in the pockets of the PACs. The TEA party reflects the views of the concertive base. They can be trusted. This is a stretch from the norm i guess?

I think this was suppose to be in another post!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

:scratch: My gut says maybe.

Now, what do you think of the broken hawk? Chinese pot metal blanks?

I think this was suppose to be in another post!!!

Possibly..... :):

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

So what you are saying is the Republican party no longer backs patent and intellectual property rights because they took campaign contributions from Cold Steel. The Tea party can't be trusted, they threw some perfectly good hawks into the ocean just because of a little tax. We know we can't trust the Democratic party, they don't want anyone owning anything with a blade.

:D

End of commentary, now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    We were told they were made of spring steel & that's what it says on their website.
    "All our Tomahawks are made of 6150 spring steel. Oil hardened and tempered to a rock-well of 57 making them a very durable hawk that holds an excellent edge. Heads are made from our own designs and patents Polaris Trading Co. and all are finished with gun barrel bluing."

CUSTOM TOMAHAWKS

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    We were told they were made of spring steel & that's what it says on their website.
    "All our Tomahawks are made of 6150 spring steel. Oil hardened and tempered to a rock-well of 57 making them a very durable hawk that holds an excellent edge. Heads are made from our own designs and patents Polaris Trading Co. and all are finished with gun barrel bluing."

CUSTOM TOMAHAWKS

yeah I saw that too and my brother specifically asked him are these forged hawks and he said yes they are. If you have ever broken a cast iron pan. that is exactly what the head of my hawk looks like on the inside. I'm 100 percent positive it's cast. it's seems to be pretty common knowledge on all the big knife sights that his hawks are cast not forged also

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    it does look cast..... i would just call him. and make sure to ask. websites are sometimes dated, and often contain things which have changed, or are done differently. most maker sites are poorly maintained and updated. guys are busy doing other stuff....... and eating mac and cheese.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Wow, I was told that the heads were forged, when i bought mine last October from Devin at the 1500......... Hmmm...???

so were we at this 1500 and that's part of the problem. we specifically asked him you forge these yourself and he said yes. I still haven't gotten a hold of him but tomorrow morning I'm calling first thing.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    so were we at this 1500 and that's part of the problem. we specifically asked him you forge these yourself and he said yes. I still haven't gotten a hold of him but tomorrow morning I'm calling first thing.

I'm really waiting for the outcome of this call. I like their hawks, but don't really need one (my H&B and RMJ are hard to beat), so how they handle this will probably be the difference in me just looking at them or actually picking one up.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    At this point I think there is more to this than just how they handle the warranty.
    If they are advertising the hawks to be forged and they are not, then there is another problem.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.

Yup,, thats the reason I bought mine... The 2hawks website says they have a 25 year warranty

Top Bottom