• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'm going to have to mill this over. I'm not sure my job would be happy if I were spotted. Unfortunately..

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I plan on going. I will however not carry a hunk of metal and plastic. All firearms I carry on a daily basis are loaded, so if I decide to carry a long gun with sling that would be slung on the front of my body, it will be loaded just like any other day of the week.

This is my opinion. We preach long guns ("assault rifles") are safe and don't shoot people on there own and pistols are just as dangerous and so on. So why should we go against what we preach and unload these long guns? Would it not have a negative view by the liberals? They could say "look, even gun owners don't carry loaded "assault rifles" because they know they are dangerous". Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but what is the point of having long guns unloaded?

Edit: not trying to stir something up, but just curious.

As I see it(not that it matters) if you normally carry a loaded rifle with a sling slung across the front of your body than by all means do so. I will be wearing my normal work clothes (business casual) looking like I would any other day.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    As I see it(not that it matters) if you normally carry a loaded rifle with a sling slung across the front of your body than by all means do so. I will be wearing my normal work clothes (business casual) looking like I would any other day.

You do realize in Feb, it might get cold.. I'd either really layer up the long undies, or at least bring a coat :):

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    That's not quite the scope of my job responsibilities. But an entertaining idea.

Pass it along to someone who could cast the walk in a flattering light. Something about patriotism, freedom, etc. You have the connections, make it happen!!

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    We should update the OP with a list of attendees.
    The problem is that there are attendees who have RSVPd on Facebook, but have not posted here. As of this posting, there are 142 "Going" on Facebook.

I plan on going. I will however not carry a hunk of metal and plastic. All firearms I carry on a daily basis are loaded, so if I decide to carry a long gun with sling that would be slung on the front of my body, it will be loaded just like any other day of the week.

This is my opinion. We preach long guns ("assault rifles") are safe and don't shoot people on there own and pistols are just as dangerous and so on. So why should we go against what we preach and unload these long guns? Would it not have a negative view by the liberals? They could say "look, even gun owners don't carry loaded "assault rifles" because they know they are dangerous". Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but what is the point of having long guns unloaded?

Edit: not trying to stir something up, but just curious.
    Sending you a PM.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    how does it work? i'm just asking, not trying to be a smart ass. How could we publicize it?

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    how does it work? i'm just asking, not trying to be a smart ass. How could we publicize it?

Oh, reporter interest, producers and news directors are involved. I don't know the general opinions of the people I work with as I find it better to not get involved in those discussions. I'm on an open ended contract and would like to not see the end of it any time soon.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The problem is that there are attendees who have RSVPd on Facebook, but have not posted here. As of this posting, there are 142 "Going" on Facebook.

I guess I meant at the least, in the OP, a list of INgo attendees from this thread. I understand there might be more due to the social networking sites, but for INgo.. it would be cool to know who's going for sure. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I plan on going with a friend. Honestly, it should be done on a Saturday in my opinion. I can't make it until after work, so it will probably be 1800 before I can even get there.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I plan on going with a friend. Honestly, it should be done on a Saturday in my opinion. I can't make it until after work, so it will probably be 1800 before I can even get there.
    Yes, Saturday would be a better date for attendance, but would not have the same effect. Government officials will not be at the Capitol or State House on Saturday.

Some will need to miss work, myself included, but missing a couple hours of work to fight for our Rights is worth it, in my opinion.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Put in my request for the 8th this morning

1ish I get a reply "It is a Friday and you will need to work your normal shift,request denied. And if for any reason you call in or do not work your normal shift your employement will be treminated"

I'm not even sure what to say ?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Put in my request for the 8th this morning

1ish I get a reply "It is a Friday and you will need to work your normal shift,request denied. And if for any reason you call in or do not work your normal shift your employement will be treminated"

I'm not even sure what to say ?

Where the %#$$ do you work?

Top Bottom