• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I bought my Glock from Bob at the last gun show in Indy. Since then, I've picked up 2 more pistols from him and will probably get another this weekend at the show. I've never had anything but great service and advice from the folks at PSS. Heck, I even stop in once in a while just to shoot the breeze.

As far as bad words being uttered........... I don't recall ever hearing any.

Then you either are "blue skying" or just simply ignoring it. I've been in that shop four times in my life, and heard "salty" statements every time. I agree with the poster who said that if the "n" word is the worst you've heard, then you've had a pretty good life. But, the truth is far from the "never used" opinion you share above.

Let's all be real honest here: some folks get along and some do not. Nothing is absolute. And, I've bought many things cheaper at other places. Some I've bought at PSS and been thrilled, some I've walked out and gone elsewhere. It's a business...they need to make money too. I can accept that. I don't need my LGS to be a "fraternity" or backroom hang-out. I have friends and INGO for that...I go there to buy and sell.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Well, I went to the gun show and did indeed buy another pistol from Bob. An M & P 22 as a matter of fact. It was a sunny day but I don't recall any "blue skying" and still didn't hear a single naughty word. I even paid special attention this time. I guess I'll rely on my own experiences and instincts to determine what "the truth" actually is.

:)

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Well, I went to the gun show and did indeed buy another pistol from Bob. An M & P 22 as a matter of fact. It was a sunny day but I don't recall any "blue skying" and still didn't hear a single naughty word. I even paid special attention this time. I guess I'll rely on my own experiences and instincts to determine what "the truth" actually is.

:)

You evidently did not bother to read my post. There are many who feel like you. I never said they were wrong. What I do maintain is that your experience is far from the only experience. It was you who chose to communicate in absolutes. There are always more than one side to every situation.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    You evidently did not bother to read my post. There are many who feel like you. I never said they were wrong. What I do maintain is that your experience is far from the only experience. It was you who chose to communicate in absolutes. There are always more than one side to every situation.

The only absolute I posted is that I have absolutely no negative experiences with Bob, his business practices, or his language. If you're going to quote me then please do not falsely accuse me of saying anything other than what I posted. Your assumptions are misguided and I don't see how my post prompted you to insinuate I was either lying or ignorant by choice. I suppose I could accuse you of using absolutes falsely too, huh?

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    The only absolute I posted is that I have absolutely no negative experiences with Bob, his business practices, or his language. If you're going to quote me then please do not falsely accuse me of saying anything other than what I posted. Your assumptions are misguided and I don't see how my post prompted you to insinuate I was either lying or ignorant by choice. I suppose I could accuse you of using absolutes falsely too, huh?

You have clearly misread what I have written. The "let's be honest here" was meant as a statement saying that all of us have different ideas, and no one is absolute about their experience except the person who is making the statement. Your interpretation is that I was calling you a liar, and nothing is further from the truth. Even with an 85% approval rate, there's still 15% out there who do not like you. That was my only point. I am sorry if you took that any other way.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Bob at Plainfield is THE MAN. I've bought a few guns there and once he knows you, he helps; and how. I was waiting to buy a AR that was in short supply and he told me when they would come in and told me to call often as he could not tell me when a shipment was coming in. Well a few days later I called and spoke with Bob. I told him i wanted this particular AR and asked if he could hold one for me til I got there later in the day. He took my name and said, no problem, it will be waiting for you when you come in today. Got there a few hours later and Bob greeted me and lifted the gun onto the counter and said - Here you are. Not only that, but the price he had quoted me a few weeks prior, was the same price he charged me on the day of picking it up. Now that is customer service. I've been back many times and have always had a good time and good purchase at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Keep up the good work!!!

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Just about the only shop I consistently buy from. I always send folks there & we are all treated right, every time.
    I think Bob's got money out of me the last 4X I've been there, in fact! 2 good deals on guns (used LCR & new LCP), the other were accessories.

KQuinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Good prices. Had a small stir up with purchase. Medium sized selection. Had the gun I was looking for in stock. Wouldn't hesitate to revisit.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I stopped in and finally got an M&P pro I've been searching for some time now. John there mentioned they had one coming in either Mon. or Tues. On Monday I was passing by and gave it a whirl... Bob was all 'Well we get lots of trucks what are you wanting?'. Sharp as a tack, he knew straight away they'd gotten it in that day when I told him what I was looking for.

Then he called me 'youngster'. Which felt good, because I was on my way to the hospital to see my first grandchild (born earlier that morning)

I could've done without one of the barfly's hanging around gabbing in the background about the crappy triggers, yet still asking if he was expecting anymore soon. One heck of a 'helper' they got there.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    Stopped in today to see the craziness, full store, low inventory, and the staff working their asses off. They were making sure everyone was getting help. I ended up walking out with a stripped s&w lower thought 139 seemed like an ok buy for a just in case purchase.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I could've done without one of the barfly's hanging around gabbing in the background about the crappy triggers, yet still asking if he was expecting anymore soon. One heck of a 'helper' they got there.

I was in there a few weeks ago watching a friend buy a .38 for his wife. There were several groupies lined up watching the transactions and watching the guys call in 4473s that day. IMHO, the 4473 conversation needs to be done in private and not at the counter. Otherwise, Bob is cool and it's a great store. I'd definitely buy there :yesway:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Have made several purchases from PSS over the past couple of years. Most folks are helpful. There's one guy - 6' tall, round face, 50ish - no skills or knowledge. Saw him sweep numerous people while examining a potential trade. Then, he didn't know where the mags were or any details about them. I've dealt with him too often; I now spend more time and money at Bradis thanks to him.

A pleasant surprise is that the smoke isn't as thick as it used to be.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    There were several groupies lined up watching the transactions and watching the guys call in 4473s that day. IMHO, the 4473 conversation needs to be done in private and not at the counter.

I agree with this. Good prices but this policy should be changed.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I was in there a few weeks ago watching a friend buy a .38 for his wife. There were several groupies lined up watching the transactions and watching the guys call in 4473s that day. IMHO, the 4473 conversation needs to be done in private and not at the counter.

I agree with this. Good prices but this policy should be changed.

Sadly, the groupies and the lack of privacy seem to be common about every where I go. I've just learned to suck it up. :dunno: At least at PSS I can always be happy with the price. :yesway:

Top Bottom