hqdefault.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Why would you carry the cheap gun and not the best (be it a Ravine or a Bear or the other way around) you can in defense of your life? It seems to me if your life or your loved one's life depended on it you would want the best tool to protect them in your holster that you could afford.

There is the "best" for the circumstances, which doesn't always mean the most expensive.
    A $1500 pistol isn't 3x better or always more reliable than a $500 pistol to draw and shoot a bad guy up close.

Sure, if you have loads of money, and don't mind losing a $1000plus pistol when you lawfully defend yourself in 2nd Amendment UNFRIENDLY jurisdictions (Like Marion County for example) that won't promptly return your property when you're cleared, then don't give any consideration of $cost vs diminishing returns of reliability.

But everybody doesn't have that luxury.
    For me, even having a $500 pistol taken from me and never returned by the police is a big bite.
    Just as bad as a crook, robbing me of $500 at gunpoint.
    I don't have money I can afford to give away to armed robbers or the police department.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I carry a old davis .32 I found a long time ago at a show, my mom made me a holister out of a old boot and a flannel shirt. serves me well.. I found some ammo at a garage sale in a old tacklebox. it looks pretty good. I have other guns to carry, but the glocks and hi-points are just to purty to carry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I carry a old davis .32 I found a long time ago at a show, my mom made me a holister out of a old boot and a flannel shirt. serves me well.. I found some ammo at a garage sale in a old tacklebox. it looks pretty good. I have other guns to carry, but the glocks and hi-points are just to purty to carry.

Uh.....eerrrr…...I am running a systems check to see why we have a purple failure here.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

i9gQOK9.gif

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    lol guys.. I know the purple.. I'm not too big on schpelling either, everyone knows what was meant by bear. The fine shop that makes Brown Baer 45's

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I have never been into custom work, I can see the ownership value of customs, or the carry value of one that is made just for you. not knocking anyone for anything. I just always preferred stock guns. However, I do not carry regularly, or carry a gun in the course of a business. If I felt the need, I would have no problem at all paying for premium and learning how to use it correctly. If I was in a different environment I would probably have a different opinion I suspect. I'm out in the country and my defender is usually a 870.

Top Bottom