• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Wasn't there today but the last one a couple of months ago, we just issued them each a summons and kicked them loose.
    No sense in wasting more time down the processing line.

Thats a shame, I think sitting in the tank with the usual suspects would persuade them to not stand in the street again.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The protesters that weren't supportive enough of the cause to be arrested are outside the City-county building this morning. Word on the street is that those arrested are rethinking their actions for future protests.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would like to extend a heart felt "thank you" to the people I know of who have worked hard to break the "cycle of poverty".

My Great, Great Grandparents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.
    My Great Grandparents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.
    My Grandparents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.
    My Parents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.

If we pour enough government money into the problem, I'm sure that someday we will discover the secret to ending the cycle of poverty. Until then, we'll just have to protest for wealth redistribution.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Similarly, I'd like to thank my forebears.

Like the one that arrived off the ship from Ireland (leaving his wife and young child to immigrate later), joined the Union army for an enlistment bonus, then deserted. They only caught up with him many years later after he'd been receiving a pension for his service.

And his son, who supplemented the family's meager earnings from the coal mine by running moonshine.

Then there was the group of siblings that performed in vaudeville stages in the midwest. They used a single union card to avoid paying dues. :)

That's the kind of entrepreneurial spirit that made America great. :D

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I can’t comprehend this protest Indiana’s unemployment rate is around 3.5%.
    In Perry County we have factories begging for people?
    They start at about $15-19 an hour some are working 80 hours a week.

Oh wait they don’t want to work in a foundry or grind brake drums or make auto/aircraft parts!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Oh wait they don’t want to work in a foundry or grind brake drums or make auto/aircraft parts!

Heck no, a person should be able to drop out of high school, have a few kids before being old enough to vote, smoke all the weed they want, drive on a suspended driver's license, play video games 12 hours a day, depend on the government to pay for their rent, food and cell phone and get a job at McDonald's cooking fries for $45/hour. I mean, the evil rich people can afford to give some of their money up, right?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I saw their spokesperson on the news and while very well spoken, she speaks gibberish without actually saying anything. Fight against evil and injustice, change the world, but no specifics.
    I was curious about what they want and how they want it so I found the website. Unfortunately the Demands, Principles read just like she spoke (maybe she wrote them) and I still don't know what specifically they want.
    https://www.poorpeoplescampaign.org/fundamental-principles/
    But yes, they will be back for more demonstrations and disruption because you people with jobs that are trying to get home after a long day deserve a little more frustration for keeping the poor poor.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saw a video of antifa blocking traffic in Seattle, and some people got upset and told them they were just hurting their cause by stopping people from getting home.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Heck no, a person should be able to drop out of high school, have a few kids before being old enough to vote, smoke all the weed they want, drive on a suspended driver's license, play video games 12 hours a day, depend on the government to pay for their rent, food and cell phone and get a job at McDonald's cooking fries for $45/hour. I mean, the evil rich people can afford to give some of their money up, right?

This might be the most accurate assessment of the problem I have seen. Just add in a total lack of priorities. I’ve seen plenty of apartments with no furniture but they have a 60” 4K TV, 30 pairs of Jordan’s, and a $500 purse.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Hendricks County is bussing in the mope hoping to fill the vacancies in the millions of square feet of warehouses we continue to build. Those jobs start $12-19 according to the signs I've read. Of course the better restaurants are paying $14+to start back of house with at least a little experience. Most of our resident homeless are that way because they choose to be. There are those that have real problems, but they are fewer than the majority.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would like to extend a heart felt "thank you" to the people I know of who have worked hard to break the "cycle of poverty".

My Great, Great Grandparents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.
    My Great Grandparents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.
    My Grandparents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.
    My Parents- who got married first, then had kids, stayed together, worked hard and instilled a deep work ethic in their children.

If we pour enough government money into the problem, I'm sure that someday we will discover the secret to ending the cycle of poverty. Until then, we'll just have to protest for wealth redistribution.

I think I'm starting to pick out a trend there...

Reckon this cycle it transferable?

Top Bottom