• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I can’t comprehend this protest Indiana’s unemployment rate is around 3.5%.
    In Perry County we have factories begging for people?
    They start at about $15-19 an hour some are working 80 hours a week.

Oh wait they don’t want to work in a foundry or grind brake drums or make auto/aircraft parts!

Have you ever worked in a foundry? I have. For a week. After 5 days in a row of spending my evenings blowing black snot out of my nose (despite the masks we wore) I decided my lungs were more important.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Have you ever worked in a foundry? I have. For a week. After 5 days in a row of spending my evenings blowing black snot out of my nose (despite the masks we wore) I decided my lungs were more important.

I worked in a drop forging plant many years ago. I did it for about 6 months. Hard, yes.....but I was very young, made good money and had a hard time getting up for work after blowing my money on me and my friends. I decided to quit and go back to college.

If I was hungry, needed work, had a family - I'd blow black snot out of my nose all day long and be grateful.

People are different today. Many people believe they are owed.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah it’s not the safest or easiest but it pays well I believe they start at about $18.00 an hour with Med,Dental,Vision, 401k ect.
    We have about 10 major factories in about a 20 mile radius. Many small businesses that support them that pay almost as well.

If you don’t have a good job in this area you don’t wanna work.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah it’s not the safest or easiest but it pays well I believe they start at about $18.00 an hour with Med,Dental,Vision, 401k ect.
    We have about 10 major factories in about a 20 mile radius. Many small businesses that support them that pay almost as well.

If you don’t have a good job in this area you don’t wanna work.

I've worked in an aluminum foundry for over 30 years. Most of the dirty/dangerous/ugly jobs are now done by robots. Those that still exist are much cleaner and safer than they were 30 years ago. I can't speak for every employer but for us it's night and day different.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And I assume you then went to another job, instead of complaining you can't get a job, it's not your fault?
    Cause that's what I've heard some people say.
    And, for the record, there have been improvements in filtering systems, and workers are often provided masks now.

I have 26 years in a steel mill. We've always had problems with hiring 20 people, and a certain amount will quit before a month is up.
    We're now lucky to keep a couple out of 20 hires.
    And like someone said, you get hungry, you take those jobs. Maybe the problem is, people aren't hungry.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I was watching the live book of faces feed and trolling along the way. There was white shaming and the typical Dem. strategy of calling people racist if they did not agree. On the other side there were those calling for the protesters to be run over. I'm sorry but the idea of civil disobedience, breaking the law, turns me away from taking a cause serious. Protest away... just don't break the law to do it. Mostly, I could not get behind the idea of messing with others to force a cause on them. Oh, by the way, Station 13 had to divert around the protest to take a call... Hope no one was hurt due to the extra travel time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm sure our cop hating, photo opportunity seeking, Mayor Boss Hogg will have no issues with turning Indy in to a sanctuary city.

If he thought he could do it Indy would be. To save his political hide he'll wait until after the next election.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    And like someone said, you get hungry, you take those jobs. Maybe the problem is, people aren't hungry.

Exactly. It is far too easy to get the various forms of public assistance. There are plenty of people that are perfectly capable of working that just don't want to. And since the liberals are doing their best to get rid of the stigma of taking public assistance, things are only going to get worse.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    They'rrrrre baaaaaack. The same group has chained themselves to the gates of the Governor's Mansion. I hope it starts pouring rain.

Top Bottom