• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You have been more active lately. Has it been helping you get more and more active?

It's actually making it worse. It used to be that more activity helped, but I'm too the point that more time on my knees is having the opposite effect. It's making it hard to do extra walking to keep the rest of me working better. I'm considering getting that gooey stuff injected into my knees that serves as a replacement for the degenerated connective tissues. If it works, it should give me a few years of relief and I think I can get it done at least twice. That seems to be a way to delay replacements, but I'm a poor candidate for replacements anyway. My neighbor who is almost as big as I used to be and over 70 has had good results with it.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    It's actually making it worse. It used to be that more activity helped, but I'm too the point that more time on my knees is having the opposite effect. It's making it hard to do extra walking to keep the rest of me working better. I'm considering getting that gooey stuff injected into my knees that serves as a replacement for the degenerated connective tissues. If it works, it should give me a few years of relief and I think I can get it done at least twice. That seems to be a way to delay replacements, but I'm a poor candidate for replacements anyway. My neighbor who is almost as big as I used to be and over 70 has had good results with it.

OT: Have you looked into Stem Cell therapy or PRP? I have had 3 ACL replacements (same knee), and one scar tissue surgery. Getting the same joint cut open 4x sucks. I'm not sure I could go through another knee surgery (mentally or physically). A lot of people (those that can afford it) have been getting stem cell injections (quite a bit of this going on in Mexico due to regulations here in the states, as well as cost, etc) to greatly delay or replace surgery.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    OT: Have you looked into Stem Cell therapy or PRP? I have had 3 ACL replacements (same knee), and one scar tissue surgery. Getting the same joint cut open 4x sucks. I'm not sure I could go through another knee surgery (mentally or physically). A lot of people (those that can afford it) have been getting stem cell injections (quite a bit of this going on in Mexico due to regulations here in the states, as well as cost, etc) to greatly delay or replace surgery.

I have not, sir! I may do some reading about it now, though.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Another positive from Tom Givens is that he publishes a monthly newsletter that contains a tremendous amount of information in it each month. He even takes the time to post it here on INGO. I know the newsletter has a strong fan following. I also suspect that the newsletter is problematic for others, because it slays some of the sacred cows that they cling onto dearly. Such as in the July 2017 issue when the topic of sighted fire versus point shooting is addressed in a logical, reasonable fashion.

So if you are the logical, reasonable type and in need of some training get signed up. If you are not the logical type. Be different and try it. Sign up for class and see if you can be pleasantly surprised.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The location of this match is a good fit as well. Terre Haute had plenty of good hotels and decent places to eat. The range is close to where you will stay. The range has indoor plumbing and a great clubhouse that will serve will serve very well for the classroom portion of these classes. Bay 7 will be on the host of the range portion of this class. We have plenty of room and a carport area as well for shade during breaks. So if you are concerned about the facility those fears are unfounded. We have gravel in the bay so footing will be fine. The weather in October should be stellar.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Also, would it be appropriate for someone with relatively litte training? I didn't see prerequisite skills or coursework listed in the class description.

From what I remember of the advanced pistol class, the standards would have exceeded the skill level of most novice shooters.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Plenty of spots are available. It is not going to appropriate for people who don't know how to load and operate their pistol. But if they know how to make the thing run that should be good.

Your help is appreciated.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Still plenty of room. I sent out a couple of mass emails about this class with the Flyer for class attached. If anyone would like the Flyer to pass out or hang someplace shoot me and email and I will gladly send it to you.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Still plenty of room. I sent out a couple of mass emails about this class with the Flyer for class attached. If anyone would like the Flyer to pass out or hang someplace shoot me and email and I will gladly send it to you.

I sent these to a couple people I work with. One question I've gotten is how big will the class be? What's the planned and max head count?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I sent these to a couple people I work with. One question I've gotten is how big will the class be? What's the planned and max head count?
    We are no where near big enough to hold the class at this point. But plenty of time. Should the class get big. Tom's plan is to bring in the appropriate amount of assistants and keep the student/ teacher ratio appropriate. I do not know what the numbers are specifically.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am trying to remember the Instructor Development course I took with Range Master. "I think" there were two or three assistants there for a class of 23-25. Lynn Givens was also there in the class as a refresher or getting some range time, and I am not counting her as help, but she really should not count as a student because she did not soak up any attention. She is pretty good with a handgun.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    We are no where near big enough to hold the class at this point. But plenty of time. Should the class get big. Tom's plan is to bring in the appropriate amount of assistants and keep the student/ teacher ratio appropriate. I do not know what the numbers are specifically.

How many more are needed to make the class a definite go?

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    OK, I am interested in this class. If I bring my 4 in 1911, what is a suggestion of # of mags?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    4 to 5 magazines minimum for a 1911. Make sure they work ahead of time. You cannot have too many.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Trick with the 1911 is to load up your right pocket with loose cartridges. Then you can top the magazines off while still on the line. I would carry at least 2 on the belt and have a couple more in my pocket. You will need the extra mags to keep up with all those bullet spewing double stack guys.

Top Bottom