• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Right? Papers that were good enough for the US Army or USAF are insufficient for the Indiana BMV. Fortunately, yours was someplace nearby and you could phone-a-friend to get this taken care of. If I need another Counsular Report of Birth Abroad, I'd have to write off to the Department of State, pay $50, and wait however long it takes the bureaucracy to find a document from 1960.

State Department? Nuff said, they suck.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    When I came of age back in the 70's, a birth certificate was required to ascertain identity for issuance of my first DL. All these years I thought I had in possession "Real ID" as issued by the state. Now as we find a deadline approaching for the next generation of Real ID, I'm left wondering who was negligent for not insuring the prior issuance was indeed real ID and how long will it take that same body of Government to determine the next generation of documentation doesn't meet their litmus test?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I came of age back in the 70's, a birth certificate was required to ascertain identity for issuance of my first DL. All these years I thought I had in possession "Real ID" as issued by the state. Now as we find a deadline approaching for the next generation of Real ID, I'm left wondering who was negligent for not insuring the prior issuance was indeed real ID and how long will it take that same body of Government to determine the next generation of documentation doesn't meet their litmus test?

Well to be fair, I don't think the technology of today existed back in the 70's. I still had a paper license in the 70's with no photo, let alone bar codes or RFID chips. I may or may not have altered mine to show that I was 21... :whistle:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well to be fair, I don't think the technology of today existed back in the 70's. I still had a paper license in the 70's with no photo, let alone bar codes or RFID chips. I may or may not have altered mine to show that I was 21... :whistle:

Hey man....
    My 8-tracks sound just as good as they did back then. :oldwise:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rhino again.

now that made me laugh out loud.​

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I got my first DL in 1977, it had my photo on it and I still have it.

Bar codes was in existence in 1977 also, my first job was the old IGA in Mooresville where we was one of the first to go to barcode scanning for placing orders.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got my first DL in 1977, it had my photo on it and I still have it.

Bar codes was in existence in 1977 also, my first job was the old IGA in Mooresville where we was one of the first to go to barcode scanning for placing orders.
    I got mine in 76 with no pic. It was on light blue heavy paper. I also happened to have some typing paper that matched the color perfectly and a typewriter whose font was nearly identical to the font on the license... You can make of that what you will... just sayin'... ;)

And by barcodes, I meant that they weren't in use on the licenses back then (at least on the type of license I had).

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I got mine in 76 with no pic. It was on light blue heavy paper. I also happened to have some typing paper that matched the color perfectly and a typewriter whose font was nearly identical to the font on the license... You can make of that what you will... just sayin'... ;)

And by barcodes, I meant that they weren't in use on the licenses back then (at least on the type of license I had).

I got you all beat.... mine was issued in 1967. No barcodes, no pictures. Hell, it might even have been handwritten..... I can't remember.... LOL

Top Bottom