• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinisterright

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was all set on an XDm last year after seeing all the upgrades and watch Rob Leatham's videos, but I didn't like the high slide.

LOL! I actually bought an XDm and got back into shooting after watching the Rob Leatham videos. Needless to say, it didn't shoot quite as well for me. I have gotten a few thousand rounds of flawless use out of mine. It is a little bulky though and I never carry it. Since I picked up a glock 23 the XDm rarely leaves the house. I have shot the M&P once and don't remember having any feelings about it one way or another. I am still in the hunt for what I like the best. After reading the supporters here I may give the M&P a closer look. I agree with the other posters try before you buy, or if you're like me, buy, try, sell, buy, try, sell....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I took going through a pistol or two before I fially found what I liked. The Xd is one gun I tried. I like the M&P, but not a big fan of striker fired platforms.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Here's one for $40 that shoot's BBs. It has great reviews. I would like to pick one up someday.

Smith & Wesson M&P Air Pistol 177 Caliber Black - MidwayUSA

I got one of these to introduce my wife to handling my M&P9FS. Other than weight, it is remarkably like the 'real thing'. Obviously doesn't shoot the same, but the way it fits in my hand it's hard to tell it from the 9mm.

Which one is which?

1234leg.jpg

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    The M&P22 will be out in July... A 22 practice gun that has the feel of your 9/40 would be nice...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I first wanted to thank everyone on their feedback and opinions (specially the person who recomended the Pro). I havent had a chance to shoot the XDM but put 250 rounds through my new M&P 40 pro (with the 5 inch barrel). Took 4 different types of ammo no prob, even cleaning this sucker was fun lol. I'm already jonesin for a new gun, and cant wait to put a hellofalot more rounds through the M&P, seems to be one hell of a gun so far! Thanks again yall!

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Depends on what you want. I have the XD, XDm, MP, Glock and a Steyer polymer pistol. Love the Glocks! Love the MP's (the 45 smokes the G21 big time for me) I shoot the MP45 in IDPA as fast as my Glocks. Faster than the XDm 45 and the XD. Try as many as you can for as long as you can. Get a good feel for it. What feels most natural? What is most accurate? Take your time and don't settle until you find what you are best with and most comfortable with. Then buy it. Then perhaps do a trigger job on it. I have on all the above, most have gritty triggers out of the box.

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am a springfield guy, have to say, I feel like it is much more stable in my hands, accurate, etc. Never had a FTF or FTE. Shot a few M&Ps, just not my style.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I first wanted to thank everyone on their feedback and opinions (specially the person who recomended the Pro). I havent had a chance to shoot the XDM but put 250 rounds through my new M&P 40 pro (with the 5 inch barrel). Took 4 different types of ammo no prob, even cleaning this sucker was fun lol. I'm already jonesin for a new gun, and cant wait to put a hellofalot more rounds through the M&P, seems to be one hell of a gun so far! Thanks again yall!

So, you went through the trouble of starting and keeping up with a thread comparing two guns and you didn't even shoot one of them? :noway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    So, you went through the trouble of starting and keeping up with a thread comparing two guns and you didn't even shoot one of them? :noway:

I shot the compact versions (which i did forget to mention, when i said i hadnt shot the xdm i meant the full size) I held both of the guns, and liked the M&P better (the easily changed grips own), not to mention the M&P Pro was cheaper than the XDM. I did everything i could to find out as much as possible about both the guns before i made the purchase, both seemed to be a good buy but everything leaned toward the M&P (including shooting the compacts)

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I shot the compact versions (which i did forget to mention, when i said i hadnt shot the xdm i meant the full size) I held both of the guns, and liked the M&P better (the easily changed grips own), not to mention the M&P Pro was cheaper than the XDM. I did everything i could to find out as much as possible about both the guns before i made the purchase, both seemed to be a good buy but everything leaned toward the M&P (including shooting the compacts)

Thank you for the added detail. Enjoy your new purchase.:yesway:

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i just picked up my 1st XDm at the last 1500 for $549+tax. i have put about 100 rds.thru it this last week and it feels great,on targer awsome right out of the box. i really like the xd gear that comes with it and the 19+1 cap.

Top Bottom