• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The cloud of aerosolized particles you are breathing as you move through the store is s much bigger threat. Every [STRIKE]cough or breath[/STRIKE] FART from someone infected creates a [STRIKE]wafting[/STRIKE] ODOROUS cloud that trails behind them and beside them.

Are we still talking about Corona or have we moved on to the dangers of crop dusting with farts?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The contamination on the packaging is stationary and can be cleaned easily before you put it in cupboard or fridge. The cloud of aerosolized particles you are breathing as you move through the store is s much bigger threat. Every cough or breath from someone infected creates a wafting cloud that trails behind them and beside them. If you dont want to change your ways and do pickup, at least wear a mask. This idea that one can't be inconvenienced by all of this is straight up sociopathic.

The Chinese Communist Party, the democrats, the media, and social media have made Americans afraid to even breathe. The second round of the American Revolutionary War will be postponed until we can breathe...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I haven't been to the grocery store since the first week of April. I've tried the past 2 weeks to get appointments for curbside pickup, but no dice. I have a good stock, but still need to replenish perishables and replace some of the more popular items in our pantry. I've used Amazon Fresh twice and have been happy with it. I wouldn't mind doing curbside pickup if they weren't out of stock on several items like they have been before this circus even started.

I don't intend to go into any stores for the next couple of weeks, unless absolutely necessary. I agree with the notion that you are more likely to catch this virus through the air than to get it from touching a contaminated object. Objects can be decontaminated or set aside until the virus is no longer viable, depending on the item. As long as you don't touch your face before sanitizing your hands, you should be ok. No way to decontaminate the air the store. A mask is only of limited use, air always gets in around the edges. The eyes are also susceptible to airborne transmission. I don't see anybody out there wearing goggles.

:twocents:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    The Chinese Communist Party, the democrats, the media, and social media have made Americans afraid to even breathe. The second round of the American Revolutionary War will be postponed until we can breathe...

I am going by the American Society of Anesthesiologists recommendations that every Covid positive person that is getting an aerosolyzing procedure (or as we would know it, breathing or coughing) be treated as airborne, not the CDC and Chinese influenced WHO that said we don't need masks. Again, I've had 80 plus coworkers test positive because we followed the CDC guidelines instead of the ASA. My nephew nearly died of this, I have one coworker who lost both uncles, another his brother. My father has a spot on his lung and my mother has COPD. I don't give a damn about politics in this. People who do not wear masks in public yet carry a gun claiming to protect anyone but themselves are hypocrites; not to mention endangering their families and other's families. I'm not asking to stay home or not go to church or anything like that, but this spit on the ground "this aint ****" attitude is sociopathic in its callousness. It directly endangers those around you, your families, myself, and my coworkers when we have to treat you.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I am very disappointed.

This is a gun forum.
    How come everyone doesn't own gas masks? They cover the eyes, mouth and nose. Some of the new ones aren't even priced too bad but used and surplus, they are very reasonable. As are the filters. Geez, there's a filter for every disaster. Color coded and everything. Even nuclear.

Well, it's too late now.
    But they were everywhere before this China Syndrome hit.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am going by the American Society of Anesthesiologists recommendations that every Covid positive person that is getting an aerosolyzing procedure (or as we would know it, breathing or coughing) be treated as airborne, not the CDC and Chinese influenced WHO that said we don't need masks. Again, I've had 80 plus coworkers test positive because we followed the CDC guidelines instead of the ASA. My nephew nearly died of this, I have one coworker who lost both uncles, another his brother. My father has a spot on his lung and my mother has COPD. I don't give a damn about politics in this. People who do not wear masks in public yet carry a gun claiming to protect anyone but themselves are hypocrites; not to mention endangering their families and other's families. I'm not asking to stay home or not go to church or anything like that, but this spit on the ground "this aint ****" attitude is sociopathic in its callousness. It directly endangers those around you, your families, myself, and my coworkers when we have to treat you.

This is not intended to minimize losses we all have had to deal with, and I'm sorry you have had more than your share.

And I am sick and tired of scaredy cats that believe that locking down makes much difference. They never said they were going to stop the spread, it was a foregone conclusion that the spread would be the spread, we were just trying to slow it so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system which we did. It is going to run its course and humans cannot stop it. We still do not have vaccines for viruses we have been studying for near 40 years.

Arrogant affluent Americans must come to grips with a reality, modern medicine has made it possible that millions of Americans can live with major health issues that would have been fatal just 40 years ago. There are things that can erase those gains and C-19 seems to be one of them. The healthy strong cannot stop living so those with major morbidities have less risk. Those folks actually need the healthy strong to take care of them.

Several countries chose not to lockdown and do not seem worse than those that did. Science just does not know and decisions that affect the majority negatively cannot be made without solid evidence to base those decisions on.

Last edited:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I don't intend to go into any stores for the next couple of weeks, unless absolutely necessary. I agree with the notion that you are more likely to catch this virus through the air than to get it from touching a contaminated object. Objects can be decontaminated or set aside until the virus is no longer viable, depending on the item. As long as you don't touch your face before sanitizing your hands, you should be ok. No way to decontaminate the air the store. A mask is only of limited use, air always gets in around the edges. The eyes are also susceptible to airborne transmission. I don't see anybody out there wearing goggles.

:twocents:

I wear goggles, and look absolutely ludicrous. I also got N95 masks back when the WHO tried to tell us that Ebola was just droplet and contact precautions. They always downplay it. A cloth or surgical mask isn't necessarily to protect you, its to protect everyone else if you are asymptomatic. The idea is your mask protects others, their masks protect you. N95 and surgical masks should be in every medicine cabinet from now on. It'll be something like "Covid cases in your area. Mask Advisory in Place". You put on your N95 and go about your day.
    Gif of what wearing a surgical mask does to airflow around you (too large to embed): https://i.redd.it/pzyj7y8hguq41.gif

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    finnegan, I'm sorry for your losses.

Still don't know who you are trying to call a sociopath though?
    See Ingomike's post above since my family, myself, his neighbors, and my coworkers are acceptable casualities so he can shop for meat without a mask. People who will not wear a mask when they go into public spaces because freedom? I am not advocating locking everything down, cancelling church, etc. Wearing a mask protects your community from YOU if you are asymptomatic positive. My mask protects you, your mask protects me.

Anyway, venting over. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See Ingomike's post above since my family, myself, his neighbors, and my coworkers are acceptable casualities so he can shop for meat without a mask. People who will not wear a mask when they go into public spaces because freedom? I am not advocating locking everything down, cancelling church, etc. Wearing a mask protects your community from YOU if you are asymptomatic positive. My mask protects you, your mask protects me.

Anyway, venting over. Sorry for derailing the thread.

And just where is the balance of all those documented that die from economic collapse? Are their lives not just as important? The people that will lose their jobs, their marriages, their homes, the savings they worked their entire lives for, and their lives? Those sucked into depression and suicide, drug and alcohol dependence, all of that is well known to be part of any recession, not to mention depression. So don't go getting all sanctimonious over just C-19 victims, it's about everyone and there are multiple facets to consider here...

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Yeah man, I'm just frustrated is all and lost my cool, for which I apologize. Asking people to voluntarily wear masks in public is not the same thing as government enforced lockdowns, but those that don't as some sort of middle finger to their governor, well I've already said my piece about that. Its a shield to protect the community from this thing that might be hiding inside you. That's all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah man, I'm just frustrated is all and lost my cool, for which I apologize. Asking people to voluntarily wear masks in public is not the same thing as government enforced lockdowns, but those that don't as some sort of middle finger to their governor, well I've already said my piece about that. Its a shield to protect the community from this thing that might be hiding inside you. That's all.

I just want to say, thank you for what you do for those that need it bad, and thank for your insight. All opinions are valuable. I have always believed that good ideas come from the forge of discussion...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It may not be politically correct but unless it’s a condition of employment or a condition for services being rendered or unless I’m entering a room/home/building with someone of elevated risk, I’m not going to wear a mask. This bug is never going away. Even if they come up with a vaccine tomorrow, it’s not going away. And we’re talking a year, probably, best case, that a vaccine will be available. And even vaccines will not provide us 100% protection. This means if one believes wearing a mask is necessary, good manners, or whatever as a precaution for not spreading the virus you don’t know you might have, you’ll have to do it forever...everyday...for the rest of your life. If you think it’s right, more power to you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It may not be politically correct but unless it’s a condition of employment or a condition for services being rendered or unless I’m entering a room/home/building with someone of elevated risk, I’m not going to wear a mask. This bug is never going away. Even if they come up with a vaccine tomorrow, it’s not going away. And we’re talking a year, probably, best case, that a vaccine will be available. And even vaccines will not provide us 100% protection. This means if one believes wearing a mask is necessary, good manners, or whatever as a precaution for not spreading the virus you don’t know you might have, you’ll have to do it forever...everyday...for the rest of your life. If you think it’s right, more power to you.

The reality is there likely will never be a vaccine, viruses are very tough to create for and many have been studied for 40 years or more without success...

The human body is an amazing creation in its own right and likely will create its own defense. Sadly that will not help those that are to weak to develop that immunity. Life is hard and a constant struggle for survival. We have enjoyed so much success as a species that no one alive really has endured major threats to our way of life. It is tough to overcome the emotional aspect of this and the possibility that worse may come at any time...

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I just want to say, thank you for what you do for those that need it bad, and thank for your insight. All opinions are valuable. I have always believed that good ideas come from the forge of discussion...
    Thank you. Sorry for blowing my top. I personally favor an approach where we get the people currently out there, healthcare and essential workers, tested first to find the asymptomatic positives out of the cycle of infection. Once that's done, we can ease up and its safer for those that have been following social distancing/ stay at home to go back out with less risk of spreading the infection. The key is getting it to a managable state. I've heard too many horror stories from CRNAs that I've worked with that volunteered in New York. One lasted 3 days. The other two are now in a cabin in the woods for three weeks self isolating. One described it as "total pandemonium". Their consensus was that they couldn't help anybody. This was at the peak of the outbreak. I don't want that to happen here, or anywhere. We can do this if we do it smart.

jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    Something’s up with the Walmart curb-side pick up thing. The last couple of times my wife has placed an order, they’ve come back with various things not available or out of stock or however they worded it. But, when my wife went in to check, there was “plenty” of those out of stock items there on the shelves.

I believe they are fulfilling in-store purchases first, which I find odd due to the social distancing protocols that are supposed to be in place

Top Bottom