• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Glad they were out there making us all safer. :rolleyes:

What a joke. Go do something to actually make life better for people instead of pulling over people who likely weren’t endangering or harming anyone. No victim, no crime.....Stop taxing people for this stupid crap. It’s a tax, not a public service for getting someone dangerous off the road. Cops like this are what gives cops a bad name.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Stupid cops enforcing the laws. Who do they think they are? Law enforcement?

Now, if only there were some way to avoid speeding tickets...if only.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How many left lane tickets did the ISP sting operation write?

Seems like that would be an excellent way to enforce and get the word out on this rarely enforced legal issue?
    Vs, picking on folks just trying to get somewhere?

Not enough in my experience.
    The more traffic is bunched up by somebody blocking off the left lane, the greater chance of a collision or multi car pileup.

And speaking of "safety", the farther cars are spread out from each other, the less chance of wrecks because there's less chance of running into somebody.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not enough in my experience.
    The more traffic is bunched up by somebody blocking off the left lane, the greater chance of a collision or multi car pileup.

And speaking of "safety", the farther cars are spread out from each other, the less chance of wrecks because there's less chance of running into somebody.

A fair amount of speeding that takes place on today's highways is getting around these ignorant left lane lurkers to not get trapped in a rolling road block. These rolling road blocks can last for miles and miles. Everyone would know that, if they'd watch the road as opposed to their phones. :xmad:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A fair amount of speeding that takes place on today's highways is getting around these ignorant left lane lurkers to not get trapped in a rolling road block. These rolling road blocks can last for miles and miles. Everyone would know that, if they'd watch the road as opposed to their phones. :xmad:

True.
    When traffic is spread out, and there isn't some idiot(s) blocking off the left lane, I tend to drive a slower more steady speed because i don't have to work to get around people that put me in an unsafe position.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    The amount of times I've seen cops pull over vehicles blatantly running red lights in a turn lane right in front of them (never)... But yeah, go play with your plane.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Cuz the rules is the rules, and the government knows best

Seriously, if there’s no victim, there should be no crime.

Do you support seat belt laws too?

Stupid cops enforcing the laws. Who do they think they are? Law enforcement?

Now, if only there were some way to avoid speeding tickets...if only.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many left lane tickets did the ISP sting operation write?

Seems like that would be an excellent way to enforce and get the word out on this rarely enforced legal issue?
    Vs, picking on folks just trying to get somewhere?

:yesway:

Was behind two people the other day going exactly the same speed, side by side, for miles. Looked down at my speedometer. 53. :rolleyes:

WTF? If you're just going to go the same speed, why are you not on that lane, not clogging up the highway? In front of them was clear road. Behind us was two lanes of backed up traffic. :xmad:

I said naughty words out loud. He apparently saw me shrugging my shoulders at him. He shrugged his like he couldn't figure out why I'd be a little impatient, put on his breaks--yeah, he broke to slow down--and pulled behind the other car. He glared at me as I passed him. Well. Don't hold up the entire highway, *******.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Driving in the left lane is the single biggest problem on the road. It causes road rage and dangerous accidents. If cops actually cared about safety, they'd crack down on this instead of someone safely driving a bit over the speed limit while doing no harm to anyone.

[video=youtube;4oqfodY2Lz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0[/video]

:yesway:

Was behind two people the other day going exactly the same speed, side by side, for miles. Looked down at my speedometer. 53. :rolleyes:

WTF? If you're just going to go the same speed, why are you not on that lane, not clogging up the highway? In front of them was clear road. Behind us was two lanes of backed up traffic. :xmad:

I said naughty words out loud. He apparently saw me shrugging my shoulders at him. He shrugged his like he couldn't figure out why I'd be a little impatient, put on his breaks--yeah, he broke to slow down--and pulled behind the other car. He glared at me as I passed him. Well. Don't hold up the entire highway, *******.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I was nailed in Illinois by a plane. It was on I-55, middle of nowhere. It was a day when parents are driving to Bloomington to pick up their kids from Illinois State at semester end.
    Clear day, light traffic. The cop that waved me over got a kick out of my radar detector. To me, pure revenue enhancement.

Also got caught by laser on I-57. Same situation, clear day, very light traffic, middle of cornfields. He was on an overpass and my laser detector went off but it was too late. I since learned to keep on eye on overpasses that have entrances to the interstate.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I since learned to keep on eye on overpasses that have entrances to the interstate.

That doesn't always help. We have troopers that sit on the Beech Rd. overpass on the US 20 bypass on the eastern side of St. Joe County. It has no entrance to the highway. They have other cars waiting down the way to stop the law breakers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought this technique was dropped in the late 80s, early 90s.

Everything old is new again.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Indiana State Police: looking for ways to make up for the revenue loss driven by passing ConC.

Top Bottom