• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    View attachment 61703

I guess I could attempt to outrun the plane?

All they have to do is see you cross the lines and radio ahead. You can see something like 80 miles at 500 feet (sitting still), timing over 1/4 mile...not a problem. The light reflected from you to the observer's eye traveling a little under 186,000 miles/sec....then his radio to the trooper up ahead, about the same.

In other words, I say- give it a shot and report back. Theory isn't fun.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Will you represent me in court?
    After all I did it under your advisement!

YRRxg.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. So when you pass the VASCAR start line, start your stop watch then gun it. Get up to the highest speed which you can reach before you run out of the distance you’ll need to stop. Then slam on the breaks and stop untill the stop wach reads the time it should take for a car doing the speed limit, then start again and go the speed limit. That’ll teach them.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hmmm
    I think that would really get em mad my wife's car can go 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds. So if I stopped at the 1st line hit 100 then stopped then took off normal?
    But I lost my lawyers support !

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Got to watch out for conventional units too. I got popped on SR3 just south of New Castle today. Was running late for a Dr. appointment (misjudged my total travel time). Trooper was straight up and direct... didn't offer any opportunities for anything other than a ticket, and processed as quick as he could. My bad, but what makes me really burn is that the car that went around me was missed!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got to watch out for conventional units too. I got popped on SR3 just south of New Castle today. Was running late for a Dr. appointment (misjudged my total travel time). Trooper was straight up and direct... didn't offer any opportunities for anything other than a ticket, and processed as quick as he could. My bad, but what makes me really burn is that the car that went around me was missed!

This reminds me of an old joke...

Bubba was tooling along well above the speed limit, and still being passed by other vehicles. Next thing he knows, he's got the flashing lights in his rearview mirror and pulls over. Being from a small town, Bubba knows the officer that pulled him over. Officer walks up to Bubba's window and proceeds to write him a ticket. Bubba says, "Why are you writing me a ticket and not all those other cars that were passing me??" Officer says, "Bubba, do you like to go fishing?" Bubba says, "Well of course I do! I love to go fishing!" Officer says, "Well Bubba, do you ever catch ALL the fish?" :)

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    This reminds me of an old joke...

Bubba was tooling along well above the speed limit, and still being passed by other vehicles. Next thing he knows, he's got the flashing lights in his rearview mirror and pulls over. Being from a small town, Bubba knows the officer that pulled him over. Officer walks up to Bubba's window and proceeds to write him a ticket. Bubba says, "Why are you writing me a ticket and not all those other cars that were passing me??" Officer says, "Bubba, do you like to go fishing?" Bubba says, "Well of course I do! I love to go fishing!" Officer says, "Well Bubba, do you ever catch ALL the fish?" :)

The way I heard it was, "well, you were the only one who stopped "

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Did you know that they have at least one Bell, Jet Ranger helicopter? Talk about cost.

Not directed at you flightsimmer, but the idea that ticket revenue covers the operating costs of these aircraft is simply incorrect. By law the fines have to go into the common school fund where they can never be spent. Court costs get divided up, with very little to none of it's going to the agency that writes the ticket.

The cost of operating these Aircraft comes out of general appropriations or any grants that may be had. I find it to be a grossly inefficient way of enforcing civil traffic violations, but that's just me. It's more of a publicity stunt than anything.

Never mind the likely overtime you're going to end up paying the pilot and the troopers on the ground if any number of these actually goes to trial...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's more of a publicity stunt than anything.

Of course it is - "slow down, we're watching from above!"

Aircraft - meh.

Unmarked cars - there's something that grinds my gears. Not because it's sneaky, but because it's dangerous and risky for everyone.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Of course it is - "slow down, we're watching from above!"

Aircraft - meh.

Unmarked cars - there's something that grinds my gears. Not because it's sneaky, but because it's dangerous and risky for everyone.

Why? Do they just suddenly dart into traffic in a cloud of dust and tire smoke regardless of the traffic situation??? (Purple)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Did you know that they have at least one Bell, Jet Ranger helicopter? Talk about cost.

It doesn't cost anything when it doesn't fly. Oh wait, we're talking about ISP, not IMPD.

I don't worry about the planes. Only ticket I have ever been written (by ISP) was by a Trooper in a Mustang. If one were to obey the speed limit or just go a few MPH over, one wouldn't have an issue with planes, unmarked cars, etc.

Top Bottom