• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    What are the Indiana laws concerning spitting on people?
    I've been searching but not finding what the actual law says.

Battery by Bodily Waste, IC 35-42-2-1(b)(2). Class B Misdemeanor. Level 6 Felony if committed against Public Safety Official, IC 35-42-2-1(d)(2)

"in a rude, insolent, or angry manner places any bodily fluid
    or waste on another person"

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Battery by Bodily Waste, IC 35-42-2-1(b)(2). Class B Misdemeanor. Level 6 Felony if committed against Public Safety Official, IC 35-42-2-1(d)(2)

That's great in theory, but those charges are almost always dropped 'round these parts (at least the felony portion since it's apparently just a hazard of the job).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

So just a little friendly lick on the cheek is okay? ;)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's great in theory, but those charges are almost always dropped 'round these parts (at least the felony portion since it's apparently just a hazard of the job).
    It sounds like a Brit could never get charged with this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Let’s try again quoting the right post. A Brit could never get charged with this.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

I work in St. Joseph County. I'm well aware. I've had several felony resisting and battery on LE get dropped or plead to misdemeanors.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You are twisted Target. :laugh:

I was just applying first aid, trying to save a life. he was bleeding from where his teeth used to be. I’m not an EMT. :dunno:
    I’m not an EMT either, but I’d attempt to stem the bleeding with a Gen 7 CAT applied just under the chin. Remember, twist the windlass tight, and don’t forget to mark the time applied.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I’m not an EMT either, but I’d attempt to stem the bleeding with a Gen 7 CAT applied just under the chin. Remember, twist the windlass tight, and don’t forget to mark the time applied.
    exactly!
    I’m thinking we are covered under the Good Samaritan law. We were trying to help, it’s not like we went to med school, or anything. :cool:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Thanks.
    I was searching Indiana Code, but wasn't sure what terminology to use.

But the law should have the same penalty, and not some extra penalty for public officials.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Thanks.
    I was searching Indiana Code, but wasn't sure what terminology to use.

But the law should have the same penalty, and not some extra penalty for public officials.

IIRC there was a time when the offense applied only to acts against public safety employees (it was a felony even then)...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Trust me, it wasn't better for officers back then or even 45 years ago.

Yes it was. Nobody got their panties in a twist over a reasonable use of force even 15 years ago. Now everyone demands a Supreme Court trial if someone gets hurt feelings.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    sounds like the "spitter" needs a "river city roller coaster ride"

here in evansville when the police ran into a "special" criminal who needed an "attitude adjustment", the arresting officer would call for the paddy wagon, said criminal was put in the back, and the paddy wagon driver would take the civic center parking lot to the jail, if you've ever driven thru the civic center parking lot, its huge, and has speed bumps everywhere, i knew a officer on the force back then, he said the perp bounced around like a ping pong ball!, between the speed bumps, hitting the gas, and slamming on the brakes, the cops never laid a finger on the "fine upstanding citizen", but it looked like he went 10 rounds with mike tyson in his prime!

saddly the jail at the civic center is closed, and theres a new jail, and with cameras every where, no more "river city roller coaster" rides anymore!

I think they should face a mandatory felony charge, no pleading, and I think it should be a felony for spitting on a citizen too! not just a police officer!

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Not that I know personally, but heard from a friend of a friend, that in Evansville 50 years ago when the Civic Center parking lot was a brewery and a few whcre houses, if you spit on a cop they beat the dog shat out of you, then beat you for the shatting.

Top Bottom