The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    This is the next on my list of guns I want to try. First I'm getting a P10C though, just waiting for my local guy to be able to locate one of the new white nitride models for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Yep, saw that one, but the added $10 shipping pushes it to a bit more than I wanted to go. I may have to drop back to that at some point.

Price of shipping always bites. I bought them and then figured on two more from the rebate but they turned out to be fullsize mags. I don't see them getting much cheaper to be honest.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    ...this gun likes to be shot faster than my other M&Ps, due to the front sight coming back to rest more quickly than even my full sized M&Ps.

For me and the FS 2.0 it's due to the texture of the grip.

The front sights comes back to rest because your grip is better with the newer texture of the 2.0 offerings.

Gglass, good thread. I tend to agree with you and that's why I'm trying not to experience the 2.0 compact on the range that way it doesn't cost me a lot of money by going back to s&w from glocks:):
    For me if they would have had the 2.0 compact out several tears ago I would have never left the M&P9 for a glock 19. Now I have so many mags and glock 19's and training and practice with my glocks that it would be a huge deal to switch back. Yeah I never go slow into anything, it would be full tilt!

This was me with the H&K VP9 a few years ago when I shot one for the first time. If I hadn't been so invested in both M&P hardware and software, I'd have been hard pressed to have gone full-bore into VP9 mode. But I didn't, haven't, and won't. Too much invested to switch now!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Price of shipping always bites. I bought them and then figured on two more from the rebate but they turned out to be fullsize mags. I don't see them getting much cheaper to be honest.

Hopefully they will get up to speed with magazine production. Not sure if that will be impacted by recent cuts in jobs at S&W. And yes, I also received 2 full size mags with my rebate as well. I also bought a 2nd 2.0 Compact, so I have 2 compact mags from that one as well. I'm just used to having stacks of Glock mags, so looking to stack these up a bit, and while I know I can get full sized mags cheap, I'd like to get more flush fit mags.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've been snap cap dry firing the life out of my new 2.0. The trigger had quite a bit of grit to it initially, but it is getting very smooth on the take up and the break is getting quite crispy. I need to get to the range soon. I really like the trigger after a thousand or so squeezes.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have been watching there for the Compact 2.0 15 rounders to show up.

I checked with 44mag and this was their response on the compact 2.0 mags just FYI:

"We are closing out S&W magazines and will not offer that model."[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&amp]Seems counter intuitive but maybe their supply chain has changed, etc. Not sure.

On another note, I bought another M&P Compact 2.0... I might just have a problem. Probably time to sell off a Glock (or 2) soon. :nuts:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I checked with 44mag and this was their response on the compact 2.0 mags just FYI:
    "We are closing out S&W magazines and will not offer that model."[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&amp]Seems counter intuitive but maybe their supply chain has changed, etc. Not sure.

On another note, I bought another M&P Compact 2.0... I might just have a problem. Probably time to sell off a Glock (or 2) soon. :nuts:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

The M&P's like to multiply ! Didn't sell any Glocks but they have seen a lot of safe time lately. The choice not sell the mags is strange, you're probably right a supplier thing.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I will start out by saying that I am not new to the M&P platform, and that I have owned over a dozen of them in all their different flavors. Having said that, I'll state in no uncertain terms that the new M&P m2.0 Compact is my absolute favorite!

I picked up my new .40 Cal m2.0 compact a couple days ago and proceeded to put it through its paces. After 250 flawless rounds of range and SD ammo, I will now call this new beauty ready for service. She will now be added to my EDC rotation as my primary as can be seen in the pic below.

I will post a review of the new M&P40 m2.0 Compact as soon as I can get some range pics to bolster my commentary.

Vk7qJHoh.jpg

If you haven't shot the new M&P m2.0 Compact yet, you really owe it to yourself to give it a try. I didn't expect it to be much different or better than my other M&PS, but it really is.

I will give Glock credit where it is due. That "G19 size' really is perfection.

I had to come back to the beginning here.
    I have an M&P 40 compact (gen1). It appears the 2.0 has the same grip texturing as the Shield45 , is that correct?
    Looking at the picture in the OP's post, it's a 4" M&P cotrect? Is the 2.0 compact now a 4" barrel instead of the 3.5" barrel like my gen1? Does the 2.0 compact not carry the "c" designation on the slide? I have always considered a 4" barreled gun to be a full size and not a compact.
    Oh and are the magazines interchangeable?
    Trying to fecide IF I want to investigate a trade in or keep what I've got

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had to come back to the beginning here.
    I have an M&P 40 compact (gen1). It appears the 2.0 has the same grip texturing as the Shield45 , is that correct?
    Looking at the picture in the OP's post, it's a 4" M&P cotrect? Is the 2.0 compact now a 4" barrel instead of the 3.5" barrel like my gen1? Does the 2.0 compact not carry the "c" designation on the slide? I have always considered a 4" barreled gun to be a full size and not a compact.
    Oh and are the magazines interchangeable?
    Trying to fecide IF I want to investigate a trade in or keep what I've got

The 2.0 Compact is the 4", matching the Glock 19 which is also classified as a compact. It is NOT labeled as 9C, but rather 2.0 Compact.
    You cannot use the 1.0 9C flush fit mags with the 2.0 Compact, but you can use the full size 17 round (9mm) mags with the 2.0 Compact. The flush fit standard capacity 2.0 Compact mag is 15 rounds (again for 9mm).

I'd have to go look up the capacities for the 40's, so just confirm those on S&W's website.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It’s the LEO/Mil version with Smith night sights and 3 magazines and adaptors for the 17 rd Mags.
    I guess $389.00 shipped is a good price and a good match for my Shield.
    My wife is going to be upset.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s the LEO/Mil version with Smith night sights and 3 magazines and adaptors for the 17 rd Mags.
    I guess $389.00 shipped is a good price and a good match for my Shield.
    My wife is going to be upset.

Yep, that's outstanding. Where did you happen to order it from?

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I sold all my glocks and now have an M&P 2.0 9mm full size and the compact. For me personally, the 2.0 is the best handgun on the market. I'll never go back to glock.

Top Bottom