The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I sold all my glocks and now have an M&P 2.0 9mm full size and the compact. For me personally, the 2.0 is the best handgun on the market. I'll never go back to glock.

I haven't sold my Glocks yet, but have switched to splitting time carrying the 2.0 Compact with the Glock 43, where the 43 used to split time with a 19. I've also got more than 1 Compact 2.0 as one is none.

They are nice EDC guns.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I ordered it this morning.
    Will post a review when it gets a workout.
    Wife demands $400.00 in reparations that I handed over.

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I ordered it this morning.
    Will post a review when it gets a workout.
    Wife demands $400.00 in reparations that I handed over.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you will love your new M&P as much as I do mine.

So your wife demands reparations too? I thought mine was the only one.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I ran a couple hundred rounds down range yesterday through my 2.0 compact in 40sw. What a *****cat. I ran hydrashock, rip ammo, and some hot loaded speer something. Groups were very acceptable for the first day out generally holding less than 5 inches at 15 yards with no rest. It fed everything, even the rip ammo without a hiccup. I like the trigger, but I wish I had a flat trigger shoe. I'm afraid to mess with it so I'll just have to learn to like the curve. Idk if it is the shape of the grip or softness of the poly, but it absorbed a lot of the recoil. The speer defense rounds are very snappy in my glock 22, the smith was soft and predictable. I like it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dang, someone has to have something really bad to say about the M&P 2.0...please otherwise, I may have to go get one and then have to listen to my wife heckle me about getting another gun. She won't mind, but she sure does roll her little eyes, cross her arms and huff & puff every time I come home with a new gun. Then I hear these questions..why do you need another gun and how much did you spend? Then I place it on the table where I can admire it a little more while I thumb through the manual to get familiar with it. Then she will ask...what do I have to do to get your attention?

So just keep rubbing it in.... Maybe I can trick doddg into getting one and taking it for a test run and then I can buy it at a "used" price. Lol

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Dang, someone has to have something really bad to say about the M&P 2.0...please otherwise, I may have to go get one and then have to listen to my wife heckle me about getting another gun. She won't mind, but she sure does roll her little eyes, cross her arms and huff & puff every time I come home with a new gun. Then I hear these questions..why do you need another gun and how much did you spend? Then I place it on the table where I can admire it a little more while I thumb through the manual to get familiar with it. Then she will ask...what do I have to do to get your attention?

So just keep rubbing it in.... Maybe I can trick doddg into getting one and taking it for a test run and then I can buy it at a "used" price. Lol

I really tried to find something wrong with mine. I want to not feel bad about buying it and a glock 32 in the same week... I even fed it that nonsense R.I.P. ammo to try and stop it, but it honestly only felt better. That stuff must be underpowered because it was like shooting a very soft 9 or a full frame 380, to gentle for me to feel comfortable carrying. They are extremely easy to shoot even with the hottest 40 ammo I could muster on short notice. I will still probably part with it in favor of keeping the glock as a carry pistol, only because I like 357sig more than 40sw.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I really tried to find something wrong with mine. I want to not feel bad about buying it and a glock 32 in the same week... I even fed it that nonsense R.I.P. ammo to try and stop it, but it honestly only felt better. That stuff must be underpowered because it was like shooting a very soft 9 or a full frame 380, to gentle for me to feel comfortable carrying. They are extremely easy to shoot even with the hottest 40 ammo I could muster on short notice. I will still probably part with it in favor of keeping the glock as a carry pistol, only because I like 357sig more than 40sw.

You know, a .357 Sig barrel, either the stock 4.25" or a Storm Lake aftermarket, will probably work in the 2.0 compact. I have a 4.25" factory 9mm M&P barrel that I bought to shoot 9mm in my 2.0 compact .40, and it works like a charm with 9mm mags. Very soft shooter!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You know, a .357 Sig barrel, either the stock 4.25" or a Storm Lake aftermarket, will probably work in the 2.0 compact. I have a 4.25" factory 9mm M&P barrel that I bought to shoot 9mm in my 2.0 compact .40, and it works like a charm with 9mm mags. Very soft shooter!

I've considered it. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of the mp even if I decide to. It's a great pistol and it never hurts to have a compact 40 in the safe or nightstand even if I don't carry it.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Could be a win/win, get a new gun and see what she is willing to do to get your attention...

It's a good gun. Not sure what your tastes are, but if you are wanting a polymer gun by a major manufacturer with a lot of holster support, etc but don't want (another) Glock 19, and as a bonus you can pick them up for about $400... then yeah, there's not much bad to say. If you have baby soft sensitive skin and carry it right up against the body, the texture could be an issue, but I carry IWB under a tshirt against the body and it's fine (and nothing some fine grain sandpaper would not fix anyway).

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Could be a win/win, get a new gun and see what she is willing to do to get your attention...

It's a good gun. Not sure what your tastes are, but if you are wanting a polymer gun by a major manufacturer with a lot of holster support, etc but don't want (another) Glock 19, and as a bonus you can pick them up for about $400... then yeah, there's not much bad to say. If you have baby soft sensitive skin and carry it right up against the body, the texture could be an issue, but I carry IWB under a tshirt against the body and it's fine (and nothing some fine grain sandpaper would not fix anyway).

Lol yeah, sometimes I try to string her along to see what she will do...usually it ends up with her throwing something at me. Either way it's fun.

As for the M&P, I have 40c (1.0), and a sheild 45 and I reeaally like both of them. I especially like the grip texturing on the sheild45. I can't see myself parting with either of them at this point. But, I really like what I am seeing and hearing about the 2.0. I may go to a LGS in the next week and handle one and stew on it for a few days to see if I gotta have one or not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Lol yeah, sometimes I try to string her along to see what she will do...usually it ends up with her throwing something at me. Either way it's fun.

As for the M&P, I have 40c (1.0), and a sheild 45 and I reeaally like both of them. I especially like the grip texturing on the sheild45. I can't see myself parting with either of them at this point. But, I really like what I am seeing and hearing about the 2.0. I may go to a LGS in the next week and handle one and stew on it for a few days to see if I gotta have one or not.

I bet it won't take a few days after you check it out.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Just picked up one today. Fantastic. Can’t wait for a range Day. Fits perfect in my M&P line up. Had they came out with this originally I probably wouldn’t even bought the full-size or the original compact. Size is spot on.

5794FF6A-1475-49EC-8692-3C8EA3992BF7.jpg
    294E2BF5-4EE2-4DC1-9926-44FA48AA8CE3.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Just picked up one today. Fantastic. Can’t wait for a range Day. Fits perfect in my M&P line up. Had they came out with this originally I probably wouldn’t even bought the full-size or the original compact. Size is spot on.

View attachment 65767
    View attachment 65768

It really is a great size for a handgun. If the 9mm shoots as soft as the 40 it will be like shooting a full sized 380. I could shoot buffalo bore 40sw loads all day long with little fatigue, other than to my wallet.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    It really is a great size for a handgun. If the 9mm shoots as soft as the 40 it will be like shooting a full sized 380. I could shoot buffalo bore 40sw loads all day long with little fatigue, other than to my wallet.

Thats one thing I love about the M&P line. They seem to tame the recoil better than many others. I noticed it plainly when shooting my friends ppq 5 inch, it shot great but my M&P FS seemed to be lighter recoiling. Same thing for a shield vs g43. I would love to compare the compact to a g19.

Top Bottom