00a0a_5ILZDm2D74v_1200x900.jpg

That hurts my eyes.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok after looking at stroker kits the wife said "NO" after she reminded me that I traded a 2015 mustang for a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger last year.
    She stated you were supposed to build the Cyclone stock so we could drive it.
    Then she hit me hard remember the Nova you built that was supposed to be a fun car?
    It was a 67 that had a really hot 421 stroker that didn't like to idle in traffic.

So it's gonna be a 1970 351 Cleveland 4v shorty headers, dual plane intake, one of the new street demon carbs 750 cfm.

Now we are down to cam selection I an leaning to a Crane 266-2 266/280 duration 508/510 lift.

Ideas ?

When I go out to the garage this morning, I will look and see what NIB Cleveland cams we have on the shelf. Might be able to help you out

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's crazy, whoever did it certainly lacked skills and knowledge. Coulda made a nice patch panel if they weren't smart enough to pull it out/ hammer & dollie it. Seeing stuff like that always makes me cringe when a car has to go to a body shop

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's crazy, whoever did it certainly lacked skills and knowledge. Coulda made a nice patch panel if they weren't smart enough to pull it out/ hammer & dollie it. Seeing stuff like that always makes me cringe when a car has to go to a body shop

This makes me cringe when I see a nice old muscle car with bondo in the quarters. It is a sign of what is below the paint.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sadly, this was a totally acceptable repair in the late '70's when this happened. What I don't understand is, why weren't those holes welded shut? Especially when it was repaired again in the '90's and again just a few years ago... This is a lot worse than we were expecting, but if anyone can make this the best it possibly can, I trust my old man.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Sadly, this was a totally acceptable repair in the late '70's when this happened. What I don't understand is, why weren't those holes welded shut? Especially when it was repaired again in the '90's and again just a few years ago... This is a lot worse than we were expecting, but if anyone can make this the best it possibly can, I trust my old man.

the holes where there to hold the bondo.....that is how it was done...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So if I can not short block the stroker today (:() I built this nifty little stand to hold the S&S Sidewinder.
    I put the wheels in it last week. Now to do the top end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom