• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK, I dug out the paper work and I was wrong, it was $299.00 for theft not $250.00.

But here is the total layout,
    Price --------- $1889.85
    Theft --------- $299.00
    Sub ttl. $2188.85

Doc fee (my bad)
    $199.00
    Sub ttl. $2387.85

Tax. $167.15
    BMV title. $15.00
    Reg,ser,conv,fee
    $15.00
    TOTAL. $2585.00

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I asked them for a theft policy to go with the theft fee but I guess I was ignored because they would not respond.:ingo:

The theft etching fee would only be for the original owner wouldn't it?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Again what were YOU willing to spend?
    If it was 2585 then what difference does it make?
    If it was less then why did you buy it? You should of walked away!!

It's like some amazon 3rd party sellers.
    They list an xbox game for $10, normally prices $50 but shipping and handling is $40. Still paying $50 so does it matter?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Again what were YOU willing to spend?
    If it was 2585 then what difference does it make?
    If it was less then why did you buy it? You should of walked away!!

It's like some amazon 3rd party sellers.
    They list an xbox game for $10, normally prices $50 but shipping and handling is $40. Still paying $50 so does it matter?

The problem is, did I pay for something that I didn't receive?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    jedi, let me slow it down
    He's asking if anyone knows what the theft charge is, Not if he paid to much. He wants to know what it is he paid for. If its a made up term the dealer used to get back to original price of vehicle.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK, DEALER ALERT

IT'S A SCAM and your encouraged to contact the state attorney general and report it and you may get your money back for it.

YouTube - dealer auto glass etching scam.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Not only do they owe for that but they also owe you the sales tax on that also. Geez this is like the undercoating scams they used to pull.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When I bought my '17 Sierra 18 months ago I told them what I'd pay out the door. It was considerably less than the asking price, they said "sure but we have to add tax, doc fees, licensing, fees, yadda, yadda, yadda. I told them sure no problem I'm willing to pay X, you figure out how to write it up but I'm only paying X. I only paid X.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I talked to my son who works for this family of dealers and he told me they do it to all of the cars new and used. I told him that if I was in to buy a vette or some other high priced car/truck and they tried to charge me this I would walk. Heck I told him if they etched the glass on my new vette they could replace the glass or I'd walk. I also don't want any dealer advertising on the car. You want me to advertise for you then pay me cause I'm not doing for free.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Look and see if you windows have been etched.

Several years ago my parents picked up a used truck from a dealer. They were charged for window etching. I don't think it was the VIN, I think it was some kind of insurance. that they never agreed to. They then found out the company was not licensed for IN and got their money back.

So THEFT on the invoice = etched glass???

The "theft" charge is, as others have indicated, etching the glass. I've been "offered" it before and refused to pay for it.

I talked to my son who works for this family of dealers and he told me they do it to all of the cars new and used. I told him that if I was in to buy a vette or some other high priced car/truck and they tried to charge me this I would walk. Heck I told him if they etched the glass on my new vette they could replace the glass or I'd walk. I also don't want any dealer advertising on the car. You want me to advertise for you then pay me cause I'm not doing for free.

Yes, glass etching. And similar, I told dealer on multiple purchases, and have had it dropped off all of them. As also stated, I tolerate no stickers, etc.

As I understood the etching, it is not for your protection but rather the dealer's while the vehicle is on their lot for their insurance purposes. I politely decline to pay for this.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I HATE when they wanna put their dealer sticker on a vehicle. Either get it off or I’m not buying it. I don’t put any stickers on my cars, and I’m not gonna let somebody else put theirs on it. Annoying.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Was going to post yesterday but got busy. That's a charge for etching the glass. Andy Moore wanted to charge me $400. I said no and they said they do it to every car. I said well, I didn't bring enough money, think I'll walk. I was in there 2 weeks earlier and the price on another car was way higher than what was advertised to get me in there. So I was going to go elsewhere, and I guess I got the only car without etched glass.

Top Bottom