• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The kit cost $17.95 off of amazon!

Vin etching is of little value stolen cars are normally used for parts or shipped overseas quickly. Professional car thefts take orders on what cars are needed and don’t care about alarms and glass etching.

Dealers have almost a 100% profit in glass etching, locking lug nuts, paint/seat protection, window tint, extended warranties not to mention the kickback from finance companies. Document fees are pure profit some are as high as $600.00 so often the vehicle is not the profit source.

High volume dealers often base profit models on add one’s and finance kickbacks and the resale of used vehicles and make very small profit on new cars.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have a Springfield 1911 for sale for $350. It comes with 2 $25 magazines, $50 sights, $25 case, and $25 paperwork. I could knock off the dealer prep of test firing it and cleaning it if you buy the extended warranty that only covers polishing the feed ramp and adjusting the extractor.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have a Springfield 1911 for sale for $350. It comes with 2 $25 magazines, $50 sights, $25 case, and $25 paperwork. I could knock off the dealer prep of test firing it and cleaning it if you buy the extended warranty that only covers polishing the feed ramp and adjusting the extractor.

We'll at least you told us ALL of the details which the dealership didn't do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive learned when complaining that unless you are standing in front of them, good luck getting an answer to a tough question. If they dont want to address the issue they just wont return your calls or emails.

The only way to get any relief for this is to go in and talk to the manager face to face. And since you paid cash, good luck. That is the hardest to get back.

And I too have told dealers they could pound sand for those etching scams. Out of the two I bought that were etched, neither one even hesitated to take that line item off the invoice. Just a further indication its pure profit because if they actually had anything in it, they would at least try to convince me to keep it. One took it off without hesitation, the other said "Are you sure? It might come in handy." and let it drop the second time I said no.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    OK, I dug out the paper work and I was wrong, it was $299.00 for theft not $250.00.

But here is the total layout,
    Price --------- $1889.85
    Theft --------- $299.00
    Sub ttl. $2188.85

Doc fee (my bad)
    $199.00
    Sub ttl. $2387.85

Tax. $167.15
    BMV title. $15.00
    Reg,ser,conv,fee
    $15.00
    TOTAL. $2585.00

Andy Mohr screwed you.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Well my complaint is in the mail to the Attorney generals office. We'll see what they say.
    I wish you luck moving forward with this. I would have walked on this deal but that is just me. When I'm shopping for a car I'm not a real nice person. I research what I want and then find it with a price in mind. They can meet the price or lose the sale. I have been on the sales side in the past I have a pretty good idea how they operate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well my complaint is in the mail to the Attorney generals office. We'll see what they say.

And you have not confronted them face to face to get an actual reply to what you purchased and attempt to allow them to make it right and refund you? You just left a few messages and let them ignore you?

You'd be surprised what business managers will do when confronted face to face with a pissed off customer. Many on such a low dollar complaint like this will write you a check just to make you go away and hope it causes you to return. Only a fool would keep your $300 if it means being badmouthed and losing a customer (and his friends) forever. Its cheaper to cut that check.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well I'm not in the mood to drive about 50 miles (round trip) just to ask a question and a phone call just doesn't seem to work, it just seems to easy to lie to me. ?????

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well I'm not in the mood to drive about 50 miles (round trip) just to ask a question and a phone call just doesn't seem to work, it just seems to easy to lie to me. ?????

50 miles isnt worth $300? To each their own.

I'd say you're more likely to get it back that way than sending a letter to an office that has a gentleman's agreement not to sue them as long as they dont steal TOO much money from us. You do know that doc fees are illegal in Indiana, right?

https://www.ibj.com/articles/73491-...in-down-on-car-dealerships-over-document-fees

FTA: "But car dealerships say they’re simply doing what they’re allowed to do under an agreement worked out with the Indiana Attorney General’s Office.

One Republican state lawmaker, Sen. Aaron Freeman, told WRTV-TV Channel 6 that the state has a “gentleman’s agreement” with car dealerships, agreeing not to investigate document fees under $200 even though they violate state law."

With this in mind, still think they'll do anything to the dealer?

Hope it was an email, because if it wasnt, you just wasted a stamp.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the article is from april 2019. Did the governor sign it I to law? Both the Senate and house all approved but 6 senators.
    And its retroactive for 6 years. Hot dog! Legalized robbery!!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I love when people don’t pay attention and pay extra for things that they don’t know what they are paying for. Then they want to complain about it later.

read the invoice. If you don’t know what it is don’t pay for it or get an explanation on site. You don’t pay and the ask later.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I love when people don’t pay attention and pay extra for things that they don’t know what they are paying for. Then they want to complain about it later.

read the invoice. If you don’t know what it is don’t pay for it or get an explanation on site. You don’t pay and the ask later.

Of all the used cars I've purchased I've never had a problem, so I guess I was ripe for the taking. But others need to be warned so I'll take it to the Attorney general and the BBB.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Of all the used cars I've purchased I've never had a problem, so I guess I was ripe for the taking. But others need to be warned so I'll take it to the Attorney general and the BBB.

You do know that the BBB is a member driven organization right? Meaning if they are a member nothing will happen. It's just a feel good advertising gimmick just like Angie's List. Is that a thing any more?

Top Bottom