• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was headed home one day; on my usual route there is a stretch of 35mph for about a mile that's begging for a 45 or better speed limit, on this particular day I was behind a marked State Trooper and we were rolling along dutifully at 35mph. As we neared an intersection controlled by a signal the road widened for a left turn lane, the bozo behind me pulls out into the turn lane and comes roaring up blasting his horn and giving me the one finger salute. I simply smiled at him and pointed for him to fall in line right in front of me. Unfortunately the trooper in front of me also signaled for him to pull forward of the trooper as he flipped on the red and blues.

I smiled and waved as I drove by the pair as they were pulling onto the shoulder!:rockwoot:

That reminds me of the road rage instant karma videos on YouTube. Nothing sweeter than someone being a impatient jerk, thinking they taste victory, only to be faced with the berries and cherries in the mirror.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't give up and go cruiser. There are some nice standards out there which are comfortable and don't make you look like......nevermind, this is a time to get along.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Don't give up and go cruiser. There are some nice standards out there which are comfortable and don't make you look like......nevermind, this is a time to get along.
    :laugh:

Ideally, something like a triumph is want I’m wanting. I want a speed triple, but that’s not really getting away from speed bikes. The Tigers look fun too

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    :laugh:

Ideally, something like a triumph is want I’m wanting. I want a speed triple, but that’s not really getting away from speed bikes. The Tigers look fun too

I started my motorcycle love with a UJM standard. I do not have one now and it will be a while. Among modern bikes, the Kawasaki W800 makes me tingly and bikes like the various Triumph Bonnevilles light my fire.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I started my motorcycle love with a UJM standard. I do not have one now and it will be a while. Among modern bikes, the Kawasaki W800 makes me tingly and bikes like the various Triumph Bonnevilles light my fire.
    If you like the old Brit bikes you should stop by Expert Motorcycle Works on Wisconsin in Hobart when this stuff is over to see all the bikes he has and there is a signed picture of Jay Leno on the wall. Guess he has used them for parts and other things.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The bonnevilles are beautiful. My only worry is how expensive triumphs are to work on, since there aren’t many places around here that do it I’ve heard they’re outrageous to have fixed. I do all the work on my ninja, but they’re a dime a dozen so if I mess up I can take it almost anywhere. A triumph I would be scared to put a wrench on

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Triumph has an old school feel to em that I really like. Like they still care about the artistic aspect of bike building I dunno

"He once owned a Harley Davidson
    And a Triumph Bonneville
    Counted his friends in burned out spark plugs
    And prays that he always will"

-- Jethro Tull, "Too Old to Rock 'n Roll, Too Young to Die"

[video=youtube;Rwn0R1PFUwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwn0R1PFUwU[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'm very close to buying a Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor.

Less power than the Triumph T100/T120, but a lot less money.

[video=youtube;gdYDVufxkV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdYDVufxkV4[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm very close to buying a Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor.

Less power than the Triumph T100/T120, but a lot less money.

[video=youtube;gdYDVufxkV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdYDVufxkV4[/video]

Yes. These newer Enfields have my interest as well. The first that came out a decade or more ago were great looking and interesting, but kinda underpowered.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes. These newer Enfields have my interest as well. The first that came out a decade or more ago were great looking and interesting, but kinda underpowered.

Right now, my bike is 161 cc... so it's all in the perspective. ;)
    The 350 and 500 singles didn't seem like enough for me to jump over, but a twin 650 seems like enough for me.

Here's a review of the W800, 650 Interceptor, Triumph T100, and Moto Guzzi V7.
    https://canadamotoguide.com/2019/06/18/showroomshowdown/

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Right now, my bike is 161 cc... so it's all in the perspective. ;)
    The 350 and 500 singles didn't seem like enough for me to jump over, but a twin 650 seems like enough for me.

Here's a review of the W800, 650 Interceptor, Triumph T100, and Moto Guzzi V7.
    https://canadamotoguide.com/2019/06/18/showroomshowdown/

At the time the Enfield singles (350 and 500) were out, I was riding a 30+ year old Yamaha XS400 which both out pulled and topped out higher than the Enfields...not that anyone rides a 400 for pure speed. That the Enfields couldn't outrun me (not small) on the XS400, well. But if I start riding again, it will like be 650 to under 1000...as I still don't need anything huge to cruise the backroads of rural Indiana.

Some day I'll post the before and after pics of the XS. It sat in a barn for 12 years before I got it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The Tigers look fun too

Keep in mind I'm at *least* a decade out of date on this. Look into maintenance costs if you're going to ride much. The Speed Triple and Tiger had some really pricey maintenance requirements every 20k or valve adjustments, etc. If you can't do it yourself (and I certainly had no idea how to) it can dramatically increase the cost of ownership. Maybe that's sorted on modern offerings, I don't know.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had a Yamahammer XT500 single lunger I bought while stationed in Great Mistakes, Il for OSVET school. It had a tdc 'flag' in a viewport on the right side of the cylinder head. Kick start only and yes, it could launch you over the handlebars. That single cylinder was a wheelie machine!
    I got it good now. Old grampa Fat Bob from 2012, 10e cubic inch, 6 speed, ABS brakes, security system, GPS etc. No cruise control but I dang sure wish it did!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Keep in mind I'm at *least* a decade out of date on this. Look into maintenance costs if you're going to ride much. The Speed Triple and Tiger had some really pricey maintenance requirements every 20k or valve adjustments, etc. If you can't do it yourself (and I certainly had no idea how to) it can dramatically increase the cost of ownership. Maybe that's sorted on modern offerings, I don't know.
    Ya exactly, that’s why I haven’t bought one. I was going to get a speed triple before I decided on my ninja, but there’s so few places around that work on em and it’s so pricey that I couldn’t justify buying it. Still... I want one, if just be scared to get it out of the garage unless it was a special ride.

I was riding through Nashville one weekend when a ducati blew by me on the twistys... I saw him stopped at a gas station in Nashville so thought I’d pull in and **** chat. This guy had to be in his mid to late 60s, and he wasn’t scared to lean that thing around the corners. I’ll never forget pulling into the gas station and seeing him take his helmet off. Not relevant to the triumph talk really, but expensive maintenance bikes made me think of him on that Ducati.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...This guy had to be in his mid to late 60s, and he wasn’t scared to lean that thing around the corners. I’ll never forget pulling into the gas station and seeing him take his helmet off....

The 'rona make the future unpredictable, but give me a holler with the specs if you decide to part with the Ninja. I'm a Kawasaki guy that likes to go fast.

Pics?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    frNODjJ.jpg

We used to cruise these dust collectors. We haven't rode those in a couple years.

Top Bottom