• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....or the information that is in there could reveal information about our intelligence gathering that we do not want revealed.

Naw....must be a conspiracy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    ....or the information that is in there could reveal information about our intelligence gathering that we do not want revealed.

Naw....must be a conspiracy.

Doesn't matter, 3000 Americans dead, more than a decade ago. (Arguably 2 wars resulting out of it with continued conflict and a massive tidal wave of refugees destroying europe.)

No excuse for not letting that information out beside people fearing the repercussions for themselves or their sugar daddy foreign friends.

As far as intelligence, that's a cute excuse, very cute considering the strongest country on the planet couldn't possibly imagine something like this happening, or take a credible threat serious.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Out of curiosity, what do you agree with him on?
    The big thing for me is the immigration issues/Mexican wall...although he hired illegals so??
    I heard him on a radio show say he was very pro 2nd amendment.
    He says he doesn't believe in man made global warming.
    Says he would stop increasing the national debt.

Pretty much all the conservative things he says.

For the record, I'm not in the tank for him...Just not sure if I trust him. Still not sure who I'm going to vote for. I liked Carson but it's obvious he isn't gonna get it. I like Cruz and Rubio. Mostly I wish the repubs would stick together like the dems do.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The big thing for me is the immigration issues/Mexican wall...although he hired illegals so??
    He says he doesn't believe in man made global warming.

For the record, I'm not in the tank for him...Just not sure if I trust him. Still not sure who I'm going to vote for. I liked Carson but it's obvious he isn't gonna get it. I like Cruz and Rubio. Mostly I wish the repubs would stick together like the dems do.

If you have trust issues with Trump, looking into Cruz or Rubio's history will probably make you feel considerably better about Trump.

Even Carson has had his scandal with being misleading, granted I think he's the most respectable person in the race.

As for repubs sticking together... They really shouldn't anymore. The party has been in damage control mode for decades because they refuse to attack the left, while the left guts every single thing they hold dear. The party needs to fall and a new party needs to rise to fill the vacuum, so democrats are put on the defensive for the next few decades.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Go ahead and tell me a good reason not to release it. We blew up the WTC? The saudis did it or financed it? The government stood down and let Israel conduct some sort of operation to drag us into fighting their wars?

There could be thousands of reasons. None of them benefit the American people being kept secret, regardless of consequences, those responsible need held accountable. Along with those who would redact information that vital and important.
    HM covered this, but the reality is that there are good reasons that some things are kept confidential. Reasonable people may disagree in any given situation, but that doesn't mean the reasons aren't good.

Go back 20 years on Rubio and he had a criminal history, and still doesn't have the faintest clue of how to handle finances.
    Ah, so he and Trump have more in common than I thought. If you haven't noticed, Trump is best when he's spending other people's money. Can only imagine how great he'll be when he has trillions to spend.

He has also supported the AWB, and perhaps still does.

He says that, but all of his experience is leveraging commodities by going into debt. And, his spending plans go beyond his tax plans. That's called a structural debt - the kind that increases the debt every year.

With none of the liberal things he says to worry about.

Got it.

I'm not convinced the dems do, either. I think they just have a shallower pool of talent. ;)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Sorry I took so long, but not something I wanted to do on my phone.

Ah, so you don't know how it works. Nothing wrong with that. I just suggest you educate yourself.

The Fed isn't even very secretive. They are externally audited. I'm not saying additional audit points might not be appropriate, but they are already audited.

So, if they aren't secret, are already audited, what is Trump really saying? Or, what do you think Trump is saying?

You're right, I don't know the intricacies of the Federal Reserve System, but I trust Ron, and Rand Paul, and if they say there is problem, I believe them.

Do you know how much commercial stuff is made in China and sold in the US? Again, take it upon yourself to become educated.

While you are at it, look up some history about international trade wars and competing tariffs.

Short form: inflation in the US would happen. (If you don't understand inflation, probably a good idea to look that up, too.)
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand inflation, and that there will pain associated with getting American business to manufacture at home agian, but even a laywer should be able to see that a made in China tag on a pair of $200 Redwing boots is a slap in the face.

Do you not understand what "investigation" means? Or do you expect prosecution before an investigation is concluded?

Trump has said both - for sure prosecute, and only prosecute if supported by evidence. So, the good news is, whichever you expect, he's promised it.

Trump is the only Washington outsider, therefor, his justice department, would be the only one that would indict.

Well, that'll help with any local unemployment.

How much do you want to spend on the Wall? Is there a cost that is too much? Would you add to the deficit to build it?

Just remember, how can you have any pudding, if you won't eat your meat?

You could build a pretty nice wall for what is spent on Mexico foreign aid, and you could probably build 10 walls on what the drug war costs.

Based on what? The RKBA lasted for a LONG time before Heller. Plus, now Heller and its progeny are precedent.

Another liberal justice might be problematic, but not the end of the world.

I hope you're right, but at least Trump said on his first day in office he would eliminated Obama's executive actions on guns.

So you've seen the redacted portions?
    Haven't seen them myself, but members of congress have, and they say it is pretty scathing.

You know he does support universal coverage, right? He has spoken favorably of the Canadian and British systems.

Guess I missed the part on Trump's website, where he is calling for universal healthcare.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry I took so long, but not something I wanted to do on my phone.
    No worries, totally understand. :)

You're right, I don't know the intricacies of the Federal Reserve System, but I trust Ron, and Rand Paul, and if they say there is problem, I believe them.
    So did you support Rand Paul's efforts for the nomination? Do you really understand what he's saying about the Fed?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand inflation, and that there will pain associated with getting American business to manufacture at home agian, but even a laywer should be able to see that a made in China tag on a pair of $200 Redwing boots is a slap in the face.
    Where's the anti-capitalist sentiment come from? And that pain could be permanent. Ultimately, it is not only about the cost of the tariffs, but the cost of on-shoring. How long do you think Americans could take the pain? A year? Five?

Trump is the only Washington outsider, therefor, his justice department, would be the only one that would indict.
    This is fantasy.

You could build a pretty nice wall for what is spent on Mexico foreign aid, and you could probably build 10 walls on what the drug war costs.
    See, this is where mission-creep comes in. Who said anything about the Drug War?

Haven't seen them myself, but members of congress have, and they say it is pretty scathing.
    Cites? Or is this what Trump said people have told him?

Guess I missed the part on Trump's website, where he is calling for universal healthcare.
    Yeah, I'm disappointed in his website, too. There are YUGE holes in it. He only has 5 positions on there. But, he has not included health care.

Try this one:
    Why Trump and Sanders Share a Mandate for Universal Health Care | The Fiscal Times

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    First, Rand Paul would be my 100% choice, but the media, and establishment found his one weakness, just ignore him, and he'll go away.

Second, my mind, along with the minds of the majority of caucus goers are made up. Trump 2016

If by some chance the establishment steals the nomination at the convention, I'll simply stay home, or vote Johnson, no more status quo, or establishment for me, thanks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First, Rand Paul would be my 100% choice, but the media, and establishment found his one weakness, just ignore him, and he'll go away.

Second, my mind, along with the minds of the majority of caucus goers are made up. Trump 2016

If by some chance the establishment steals the nomination at the convention, I'll simply stay home, or vote Johnson, no more status quo, or establishment for me, thanks.

Then you are in effect voting for the Hildabeast. That is not what we need right now.
    Not voting in protest or voting as you say has a serious downside.
    1......protesting to who....they do not care.
    2...It only strengthens the left and they are aware of it.
    3...your vote. Do as you will with it. I defend your right to throw it away but I will be a loud voice in your ear when you complain in future.
    4...This is more than my opinion. It has been proven in the not so distant past. Ross Perou......I am sure I misspelled the little turd's name.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

No argument there. :(
    Why? Has Trump done something to earn your vote? Being a big personality is all it takes?

Again, Why? I mean, what has Trump done to earn such loyalty?

Moreover, if he runs 3rd party, would you vote for him?

And, if staying home or voting 3rd party guarantees a Hillary presidency, you would be ok with that?

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    No argument there. :(

Why? Has Trump done something to earn your vote? Being a big personality is all it takes?

Again, Why? I mean, what has Trump done to earn such loyalty?

Moreover, if he runs 3rd party, would you vote for him?

And, if staying home or voting 3rd party guarantees a Hillary presidency, you would be ok with that?

Lots of ifs here, but if Trump continued on his current trajectory, and had the nomination stolen from him at the convention by the establishment, and then decided to run third party, yes I would vote for him.

If Trump some how just fell off the face of the earth, and his conservative voters went to Cruz, and he won the nomination, I would vote for Cruz. Not because of how he is running this race, which has really turned my off, but because of his past voting record in the senate.

Third senerio, the nomination is stolen from trump, and the establishment gets it, I would absolutely vote libertarian, or stay home, even though that would guarantee Hillary in the White House. Romney got my last lesser of two evils vote.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Third senerio, the nomination is stolen from trump, and the establishment gets it, I would absolutely vote libertarian, or stay home, even though that would guarantee Hillary in the White House. Romney got my last lesser of two evils vote.
    Ah ha. Sometimes we gun owners are our own worst enemies.

Majority - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Trump hasn't got the majority of anything except bravado. More people are against Trump than for him. So who's stealing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ah ha. Sometimes we gun owners are our own worst enemies.

Majority - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Trump hasn't got the majority of anything except bravado. More people are against Trump than for him. So who's stealing?

I want to go hide in the corner. Not from you Jetta but those who actually believe it would be OK to throw away a perfectly good vote and "Help" put the Hilda beast in the big boy chair.
    yes the system sucks but not actually participating (voting Libertarian is not participating) these people are as big an issue as the libs.

That they are so self centered about the truth is just so scary.

Again, do as they will. Set your ballot on fire in protest as that is your right.

"But"......who the hell are you protesting to and about what...????

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Then you are in effect voting for the Hildabeast. That is not what we need right now.
    Not voting in protest or voting as you say has a serious downside.
    1......protesting to who....they do not care.
    2...It only strengthens the left and they are aware of it.
    3...your vote. Do as you will with it. I defend your right to throw it away but I will be a loud voice in your ear when you complain in future.
    4...This is more than my opinion. It has been proven in the not so distant past. Ross Perou......I am sure I misspelled the little turd's name.

If the general election was to be held today, I would leave the selection for president blank. I as the complaint goes about the republican and democrats go, being almost identical, no difference between them--I see Trump closing that gap. Yeah, he says stuff that, read in a vacuum,would lead one to believe there's miles of difference between him and Hillary. But when you start considering things he said not so long ago along with things he says now, when he's talking a particular audience, that gap becomes almost indiscernible. There have been no pivot points for his shifting of beliefs. For example, he's given from supporting single payer to not supporting it (except he simultaneously kind of still supports it :n00b: ).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OK, I'm not the only one that thinks this when I hear Trumper's arguments.
    66000300.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looking back in the 20th century, it used to be hard for me to imagine how a nation's citizen put fascists and dictators into power.

No longer is it such a mystery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom