Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If the general election was to be held today, I would leave the selection for president blank. I as the complaint goes about the republican and democrats go, being almost identical, no difference between them--I see Trump closing that gap. Yeah, he says stuff that, read in a vacuum,would lead one to believe there's miles of difference between him and Hillary. But when you start considering things he said not so long ago along with things he says now, when he's talking a particular audience, that gap becomes almost indiscernible. There have been no pivot points for his shifting of beliefs. For example, he's given from supporting single payer to not supporting it (except he simultaneously kind of still supports it :n00b: ).

Good points but we have to do something beyond abstaining.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The more I resign myself to a Trump nomination, I look for bright sides. For instance, since he's so big on branding, maybe there could be private sponsorships of things.

The USS GHW Bush brought to you by GE Capital. The Prudential Presidential Bunker. Up to quarter-page ads in the 1040 form instructions. The possibilities are endless.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The more I resign myself to a Trump nomination, I look for bright sides. For instance, since he's so big on branding, maybe there could be private sponsorships of things.

The USS [strike]GHW Bush[/strike] TRUMP brought to you by GE Capital. The Prudential [strike]Presidential[/strike] TRUMP Bunker. Up to quarter-page ads in the 1040 form instructions. The possibilities are endless.

You're partially right...You left one name off of everything that would need re-branding. :laugh:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You're partially right...You left one name off of everything that would need re-branding. :laugh:

Haha Good point.

It might get confusing, though. Trump class nuclear carriers. Trump class subs. The F-35T Trump. The Ivanka BDUs - sexiest camo you've ever seen.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess another strategy could be: help give all the Trump supporters what they think they want and then sit back and observe. ;)

There's a part of me that wants that to happen. That "I told you so" part. Fortunately, I try to suppress that as much as possible as no one likes hearing those words.

Brought you by Carls Jr.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Ah ha. Sometimes we gun owners are our own worst enemies.

Majority - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Trump hasn't got the majority of anything except bravado. More people are against Trump than for him. So who's stealing?

Just looking at the Super Tuesday predictions, Trump is predicted to win every state up for grabs, except Texas, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take it too.

We'll know for sure tomorrow.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we're talking about majorities, a majority of Republicans don't want Trump. A majority of Americans REALLY don't want trump. So there's that.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I want to go hide in the corner. Not from you Jetta but those who actually believe it would be OK to throw away a perfectly good vote and "Help" put the Hilda beast in the big boy chair.
    yes the system sucks but not actually participating (voting Libertarian is not participating) these people are as big an issue as the libs.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Looking back in the 20th century, it used to be hard for me to imagine how a nation's citizen put fascists and dictators into power.

No longer is it such a mystery.

We are going to reap what we have sowed as a nation...We have allowed our young people to receive the large part of their education from the TV set. Critical thought is something that is becoming rare...

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If we're talking about majorities, a majority of Republicans don't want Trump. A majority of Americans REALLY don't want trump. So there's that.

You must be watching a different race than me.

I also didn't know a majority of Americans were Democrats, establishment Republicans, ultra rich elites, Hollywood, Main Stream Media, or Glenn Beck supporters those seem to be the main groups the REALLY don't want Trump.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I also didn't know a majority of Americans were Democrats, establishment Republicans, ultra rich elites, Hollywood, Main Stream Media, or Glenn Beck supporters those seem to be the main groups the REALLY don't want Trump.
    I am not any of those things, yet I REALLY don't want Trump.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here's a question: why do Trump supporters think the MSM doesn't want him to get the nomination? I believe there's evidence that they DO want him. He drives up ratings. He says crazy stuff, then takes it back, then says it again, then says he was right all the time. The people that count eyeballs love him.

They don't deal with him critically. They make sure they won't ask him stuff he doesn't want to answer. How can this be spun that they don't want him?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We are going to reap what we have sowed as a nation...We have allowed our young people to receive the large part of their education from the TV set. Critical thought is something that is becoming rare...

I can't say it more or less rare. Heck, Andrew Jackson was elected many, many years ago. There does seem to be a dearth of it, though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You must be watching a different race than me.

So just because we don't like him, think he's unqualified, untrustworthy, etc., etc. we must be part of some vilified group?

Again, I already listed a large number of groups that don't support him, including conservatives, pragmatist, 2A supporters, Christians...

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Here's a question: why do Trump supporters think the MSM doesn't want him to get the nomination? I believe there's evidence that they DO want him. He drives up ratings. He says crazy stuff, then takes it back, then says it again, then says he was right all the time. The people that count eyeballs love him.

They don't deal with him critically. They make sure they won't ask him stuff he doesn't want to answer. How can this be spun that they don't want him?
    New York Time an old MSM stand by.

Disgusting: NY Times Columnist Jokes About Killing Trump - Fox Nation

They not only hate him, they want him dead.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Stalin hated Hitler. Stalin's bad....Hitler 2016!

Hitler hated Stalin. Hitler's bad.....Stalin 2016!

The Democrat establishment hates Bernie Sanders. The Democratic establishment is bad....Bernie 2016!

Democrats hate George W. Bush. Democrats are bad.....GWB 2016!

Are we really going to choose a nominee based upon who hates them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom