Not open for further replies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Trump doesn't want to be POTUS, that's too much work. He wants to be the first American Caesar. It took Rome a long time to die after the end of the Republic, I'm sure we'll limp along for years with the virtual coliseum of our reality TV presidents before we crumble from within and are destroyed from without too. Have fun along the way kids, maybe you'll all be dead before we have to pay the piper.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must be watching a different race than me.

I also didn't know a majority of Americans were Democrats, establishment Republicans, ultra rich elites, Hollywood, Main Stream Media, or Glenn Beck supporters those seem to be the main groups the REALLY don't want Trump.

Then you're either delusional, or you're not defining "majority" the way most dictionaries do. I suspect the latter. So we'll go from that assumption. Majority means greater than half. Trump does not have greater than half the nation's support and doesn't even have half of the Republican support. Perhaps you mean "plurality" which means more than the rest. That much is true. Trump's numbers are obviously higher than the rest of the Republicans.

All the groups you've stated that REALLY don't want trump, those probably form a majority. That said, I'm not in any of those groups. I'm not a Dem. I'm not even a Republican, though I've voted R in almost every election since Reagan. I'm not ultra rich. I'm not "Hollywood", I'm not main stream, or media, and I think Glenn Beck is a dickhead.

But I really really REALLY don't want Trump to win. I'm not enamored with his persona. His shtick doesn't work on me. He's not a god. He's not a knight in shining armor. He's not a savior. He may indeed burn this ***** down, and for people who support him for that reason, hey, I can respect that. But if you think he's going to do all the things he says, and make America great again, you got took by a master con man.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One small thing Trump has harped on shows me either: 1) He's dumb, or 2) He just doesn't care to get it right.

"Opening up libel laws". I don't think he's dumb, so I'm left to conclude that someone around him knows what the 1st Amendment law is about libel and either is scared to tell Trump or trump just doesn't care and will keep spewing rhetoric. Simply put, to "open up" libel laws as trump claims he wants to do, you have to either change the 1st Amendment or convince 5 justices that about 50 years of precedent should be chucked. There is no other way to do it- no president has the power to "open up libel laws" or to get a law passed to do it. It's a constitutional issue.

...but listen to this- he wants to "open up libel laws" so that he can sue people that he claims are lying about him. Kids, let's remember that the main and original purpose behind the 1st Amendment freedom of speech is that we can criticize political leaders without fear of reprisal and harassing lawsuits. This is why a "public figure" can not recover for libel unless he can prove that a false statement was made with "actual malice". Trump is talking about taking away the "actual malice" standard so that he can SUE HIS POLITICAL OPPONENTS TO SHUT THEM UP.

Defender of freedom? No, defender of himself and those who support him.

People, I'm not alarmist, but this is how dictatorships start. Silence the opposition using the Courts. Obama isn't the one who is going down this path. His Alinsky-ite tactics of ridicule are quaint compared to using the court system to punish those with opposing views.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This is awesome. I hope you guys have watched idiocracy. Because it was a prophecy.....and it is happening. Trump is going to be the real life President Camacho.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is awesome. I hope you guys have watched idiocracy. Because it was a prophecy.....and it is happening. Trump is going to be the real life President Camacho.

Oh no - President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was (will be?) a simpleton.

Trump is a dictator in the making.

Brought to you by Carls Jr.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Well you fellas feel free to vote for more of the same, Bush/Clinton, not like we have a say anyways, we won't get to cast our primary vote until June 3rd, and the race will be well decided by then.

Then you all can hop on here, and talk about how you are going to follow the path that Glenn Beck blazed, and vote for Hillary over Trump.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well you fellas feel free to vote for more of the same, Bush/Clinton, not like we have a say anyways, we won't get to cast our primary vote until June 3rd, and the race will be well decided by then.

Then you all can hop on here, and talk about how you are going to follow the path that Glenn Beck blazed, and vote for Hillary over Trump.

Yes....that's exactly what we'll be doing. :cowbell:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    One more quick point.

What makes you guys think Trump is going to be this huge dictator?

If the community organizer with a messia complex, both houses of congress, and complete cover from the mainstream media couldn't get it done, I really doubt Trump could.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, we should choose the psychotic carnie barker because he couldn't make it any worse? I guess you've got your future 'hop on here' arguments covered...unless of course he does make it worse.

The guy couldn't make a go of selling steaks and vodka...they sell themselves fer X sake.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Also,

See the previous 90+ posts as well as many other threads on this site as well as most of the words out of his mouth. You may not see it but it's why we think he just wants what's good for the Donald and you little people need to give it to him.

After he's closed this deal do you think he's going to invite you in for some of that failed steak and vodka? Pfffft.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One more quick point.

If the community organizer with a messia complex, both houses of congress, and complete cover from the mainstream media couldn't get it done, I really doubt Trump could.

:): The Trumper said Obama has a messiah complex. Yeah he does. Yet...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom