• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Video is a great reminder that I need to practice my draw skills more often.

After bad guy is dead all six(?) armed parishioners focused and advanced on the bad guy. If trained as a group would it have been more appropriate for some of them to scan the venue looking for other threats?
    Most definitely anyone in that situation needs to be wary of secondary targets. Remember the guy in Walmart who confronted the active shooter only to get smoke checked from behind by the dudes girlfriend. If there’s one, and he’s down and out of the fight, scan for secondary threats

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We should keep in mind that these good people did not die in vain. There are instructors deconstructing this incident as we speak. (We know some of them, they are some are us.)

Church security groups will be training to how this terrible thing could have been handled differently as early as next week.

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Dude, youÂ’re on the wrong side of this. If you choose not to watch and learn thatÂ’s your fault. As far as arguing the points, if you didnÂ’t see the video, how can you argue the flawed tactics? The deceased dropped the ball of initiative with a horribly slow draw and telegraphed movements, itÂ’s right there on video(RIP). You can train toward a predetermined response, scenario based FoF being one of the best ways to actually put the training into action. The deceased knew what he had to do, his execution was flawed.
    You are right I did not go to watch the video. In fact these are happening so much that itÂ’s becoming a normal. It would not effect me to watch it I just donÂ’t have the desire to search out the video. You all apparently do and whatever floats your boat.
    The point your missing from my view is that while everyone of you are mentally stable and good people, what do you think these videos are doing for the next nutcase? The next guy thatÂ’s about to go on a killing spree, do you think this easy access to video is helping?

Its clear I'm on the wrong side of this.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You are right I did not go to watch the video. In fact these are happening so much that itÂ’s becoming a normal. It would not effect me to watch it I just donÂ’t have the desire to search out the video. You all apparently do and whatever floats your boat.
    The point your missing from my view is that while everyone of you are mentally stable and good people, what do you think these videos are doing for the next nutcase? The next guy thatÂ’s about to go on a killing spree, do you think this easy access to video is helping?

Its clear I'm on the wrong side of this.
    You're the one arguing training and tactics of the deceased when you’ve not even seen what happened?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Can we not let a church shooting escalate into an argument? Watch the video or don’t, no point in belittling those who do and no point in belittling those who don’t. This is a situation that will continue to happen as long as evil exists in the world. Guns or no guns, evil people will commit acts of evil. It’s up to those who have chosen to defend themselves and others to stand up and rise to the occasion. If watching videos make us more prepared for that occasion then so be it. I personally watch the videos because there are aspects that can be learned from. That’s my opinion, yours may be different, but let’s no argue amongst ourselves during a tragedy. This is the division the left wants, we can’t even come together during a tragedy now days. It’s getting a bit depressing. What happened to the days of holding hands in prayer, supporting the families of the victims, and cheering when the pos got his deserved outcome?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The vid I saw shows the dude sitting up front near a doorway. Dressing in black with a HOODIE PULLED UP. This alone would have got my attention and I would have started to formulate a plan. I'm not sure if any of the security force noticed by thier slow reaction.
    Imo the security guy who shot him was staged for this very reason. He seen something was off about the guy and he was keeping the proper distance to appropriately respond if needed but also not to make a possible person in need feel as an outcast. This is how im reading it based on the limited video evidence. But the good guy who shot him was deffinately ready to go.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, haven't caught up on the thread, seeing a twitter thread now that one of the first men shot was part of the congregation, and was drawing his own gun?

Unfortunate, but in the confusion... one out of seven are bound to mess up their target

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I figured a video of a person dying because of suboptimal carry practices and lack of training would generate lots of hurt feels and backlash, and I was not disappointed.

If he had a draw under 2 seconds, he would have won the race. He didn't, so he didn't, and he died as a result. Your gun will not save your life, or anyone else's life, if it's buried under clothing and behind love handles the size of watermelons. Whether you like hearing it or not, those are the facts. When the first victim died, he wasn't even close to having his gun out, he was just groping blindly at the shirt over the gun because he never practiced clearing concealment in a hurry. This is one of the clearest examples of the gun as a talisman that I've ever seen, and if you're angry at someone for pointing that out, it's probably because your gun is a talisman.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I figured a video of a person dying because of suboptimal carry practices and lack of training would generate lots of hurt feels and backlash, and I was not disappointed.

If he had a draw under 2 seconds, he would have won the race. He didn't, so he didn't, and he died as a result. Your gun will not save your life, or anyone else's life, if it's buried under clothing and behind love handles the size of watermelons. Whether you like hearing it or not, those are the facts. When the first victim died, he wasn't even close to having his gun out, he was just groping blindly at the shirt over the gun because he never practiced clearing concealment in a hurry. This is one of the clearest examples of the gun as a talisman that I've ever seen, and if you're angry at someone for pointing that out, it's probably because your gun is a talisman.
    QFT

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Presidential candidate joe biden everybody...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-attacked-texas-governor-for-signing-law-letting-churchgoers-carry-guns-totally-irrational

“Dealing with firearms, it is irrational, with all due respect to the governor of Texas, irrational what they are doing,” Biden told reporters on September 2. “On the very day you see a mass shooting … and we’re talking about loosening access to have guns, to be able to take them into places of worship, it’s just absolutely irrational. It’s totally irrational.”

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Presidential candidate joe biden everybody...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bide...ing-churchgoers-carry-guns-totally-irrational

“Dealing with firearms, it is irrational, with all due respect to the governor of Texas, irrational what they are doing,” Biden told reporters on September 2. “On the very day you see a mass shooting … and we’re talking about loosening access to have guns, to be able to take them into places of worship, it’s just absolutely irrational. It’s totally irrational.”

Good find... had Biden's thinking prevailed, this would have been much, much worse.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to printcraft again.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Some news outlets are describing the church member who killed the BG as “retired law enforcement” or “former FBI agent” and a LTC instructor. One Texas forum identifies him byname with a FB picture as an LTC instructor, but there’s no independent verification so I’m not putting his name out there.

https://pluralist.com/gunman-opens-fire-in-texas-church-service-gets-shot-dead-by-armed-deacon/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7834977/Two-dead-one-wounded-shooting-church-Texas.html

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Much to be learned/reinforced by viewing this for any of us who carry.

Some of BBI's posts match what we saw here. BG sees you drawing your firearm it won't end well.

It is rare we see actual video of a potential mass murder stopped by armed citizens. We see what worked, and what didn't. BG had more red flags than a communist pride parade.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Some of BBI's posts match what we saw here. BG sees you drawing your firearm it won't end well.

It is rare we see actual video of a potential mass murder stopped by armed citizens. We see what worked, and what didn't. BG had more red flags than a [STRIKE]communist pride parade[/STRIKE] DNC Convention.

FIFY and of course if the left had their way the Good Guys would have been disarmed like those at the Jewish stabbing in New York.

redflagsDNC.jpg

Top Bottom