• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    If my XPS 2.0 were my only RDS I'd probably send it back, but it's not. I'm going to keep it since it hasn't lived on my "go to" rifle for quite some time.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Eotech Sub-zero Zero Experiment - Album on Imgur

My 512 is about 10 years old. I've had range in services at 0 degree cold, monsoon rains, and 100 degree heat and flawless operation. It sits in my trunk 24/7 and it gets colder/hotter than my range temps. I have fixed iron sights with full co witness and that center dot sits right on the front sight post. A significant 20moa shift as stated would be obvious. Eotechs have been around for 20 years, something this significant was discovered by the FBI just last year? I would have figured the military would have seen this 13 years ago when their use skyrocketed in the WOT. I may replace it someday, not today.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Eotech Sub-zero Zero Experiment - Album on Imgur

My 512 is about 10 years old. I've had range in services at 0 degree cold, monsoon rains, and 100 degree heat and flawless operation. It sits in my trunk 24/7 and it gets colder/hotter than my range temps. I have fixed iron sights with full co witness and that center dot sits right on the front sight post. A significant 20moa shift as stated would be obvious. Eotechs have been around for 20 years, something this significant was discovered by the FBI just last year? I would have figured the military would have seen this 13 years ago when their use skyrocketed in the WOT. I may replace it someday, not today.

I'm in the same boat. I've put around 8,000 rounds through my MK18 since I put my EXPS3 on it, and have had nothing but luck. I shoot the rifle in freezing temps, and I shoot it when it's 100+. I've never noticed a shift, and I would think a 20 MOA one would be pretty obvious :dunno:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I sent out a EXPS2 and 3 last week, guessing it will be forever before I see a check.

Lots of talk online about the post office asking EoTech to send a truck to pick up their packages as they have so many.

I still don't know if I am going to jump off the bandwagon yet, I have done tons of research on switching to the Aimpoint T-2 but I still love my EoTech.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Based on a conversation with the guy managing this at Eotech, I'm guessing mid-January is when the checks will start going out. We'll see.

I'd be cool with mid January, but I don't want to see the line who's waiting ahead of me

But at least they let me keep the box and manual :)

Did he say checks, or credits? I'm curious as to whether there is a monetary refund, or a credit towards a new product that does work?

There's a long long thread on arfcom, there will be actual refunds. The credits were just interwebz rumors.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I sent the optics back in the plastic cases, no way I was going to be responsible for broken/damaged optics, hell the one I sent was brand new.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Has anyone gotten a refund yet?? Also, what is the "delamination issue" I was shooting my carbine this week and noticed that the crosshairs were a little faint in the middle of the screen, but brighter/sharper at the edges. It was as if a thin cloud is appearing. Maybe this is it and a coating is coming off one of the windows inside the sight.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Has anyone gotten a refund yet?? Also, what is the "delamination issue" I was shooting my carbine this week and noticed that the crosshairs were a little faint in the middle of the screen, but brighter/sharper at the edges. It was as if a thin cloud is appearing. Maybe this is it and a coating is coming off one of the windows inside the sight.

The issue with a faded or non-existent reticle, when the laser is visible inside the site, is the result of delamination or failure of the coating that reflects the image on the glass. With out the coating the image passes through the glass and you are unable to see it.

Top Bottom