• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I have had a couple of PM's and emails from people new to USPSA. One of things I hope happens with this indoor match is that several new folks come out and try this.

You do not have to be a member of USPSA to shoot level 1 or club level matches. Just show up with the right gear and pay at the door for the match. The main thing at your first match is be safe. Good safe gun handling will be insisted upon. A review of the rules at www.uspsa.org would be a good idea, and we can answer questions in person.

Is there a gear list?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Gear list?

Eyes and ears, pistol 3-5 mags, holster, mag holders, ammo.
    A review of the rules will tell you which division your gun falls into or did you have a more detailed question?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have had a couple of PM's and emails from people new to USPSA. One of things I hope happens with this indoor match is that several new folks come out and try this.

You do not have to be a member of USPSA to shoot level 1 or club level matches. Just show up with the right gear and pay at the door for the match. The main thing at your first match is be safe. Good safe gun handling will be insisted upon. A review of the rules at www.uspsa.org would be a good idea, and we can answer questions in person.

I may come up and watch. Unfortunately, my gear, with the exception of my pistol is somewhere buried in a 10X20' storage unit packed floor to ceiling, back to front.

I won't be doing any shooting until I buy a house and move in and get organized. And I just bought a decent holster for gaming!:)

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Gear list?

Eyes and ears, pistol 3-5 mags, holster, mag holders, ammo.
    A review of the rules will tell you which division your gun falls into or did you have a more detailed question?

Nope, He just said to show up with the right gear, so I just wondered if there was anything special.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is there a gear list?

Rules and divisions can be found at www.USPSA.org

At the top of the shooting sports forum there is a sticky with the gear basics. Those are the two places to start. if you make it to the match identify yourself at the shooters meeting so we can give you extra guidance.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Those attending the match will want to bring a chair. There is not many places to sit down while waiting.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hey Steve, Still wish I'd bought your M29.

Yes, many of us just about stop shooting from Dec thru Feb. And we are jonesing for the smell of gunsmoke and the feel of recoil. I predict this may have a turnout similiar to some of our matches now, 40-60 people. Especially after a learning curve, when we can switch targets around after the first run and make a new COF and shoot more, maybe 100 rounds. And it should help our performance not to stop shooting in Dec....one hopes.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So I just watched a video from a USPSA pistol match that was outdoors. Seems like fun, I like the basic concept. I wonder how this will be transferred to an indoor range? Is this basically draw you pistol and shoot at a target? Or will there be moving from lane to lane?

Top Bottom